FInal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles PAL-G -> working
1080 Avalanche PAL-G -> Black Screen after DIOS MIOS Logo
Mario Party 5 PAL-G -> working
Mario Kart Double Dash PAL-G -> working
F-Zero GX PAL-G -> After CUP Selection (e.g. Ruby) black screen occurs
Super Mario Sunshine PAL-G -> working

All games are not compressed.
I used cleanrip to get the files.
I will backup all my games (about 50) and will update concerning the compatiblity.

redankhofset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smartware doesn't seem to work for me. I think my Passport drive is an older model so it's incompatible.

This worked for me http://support.wdc.c...sid=154&lang=en with a wdc drive in a generic caddy.

If that doesn't work, then this might. http://support.wdc.c...sid=113&lang=en Although you have to have the drive connected to an internal SATA connector and use a dos boot disk
"Drive update not applicable", it says. The 2nd option looks like a hassle so I won't bother :\

Just fyi It says 80h in CrystalDiscInfo under APM settings, which means my drive shouldn't have any idling issues.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does crediar plan to eventually implement proper audio streaming?

i think he has stated that it can't happen due to hardware issues, think he stated something in the wii's would have to be soldered to actually make it work. then again looking at how he achieved the impossible actually getting a wii to run gc games from a usd hdd you never can tell what could happen, many said various things usb loaders on the wii would never do certain things and here we are today with almost pefect (i think anyway) compatibility

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys i was able to find a fix for those of you who have problems mounting a 1TB HDD or higher or for those who get a black screen and no splash screen from dios mios 2.0.
It seems that Dios mios only works if your HDD is 1st primary partition, so for those people who had their HDD formatted in to 2 partitions or more and had their games on the second partition like me where out of luck with out reformatting the HDD and transferring back and forth which can be a Hassle and time consumption. The fix its simple.

Everything is done without loosing any DATA :D

1. Download This (Its a utility for managing HDD Partitions)
2. Install it and run it.

Now we have to make the second partition of our HDD which it has our games the 1st and primary cause otherwise Dios Mios doesn't work, and we have to make our 1st partion which for my case is a NTFS drive a Logical partition.

3. On the program you will see you HDD, rightclick on the FAT32 Partition where you have you games, go to Advance, click on convert to primary, click ok then click apply on the top lefthandside then ok.
4. Do the same as step 3 but this time click on set active partition.
5. Now right click on the 1st partition the NTFS on my case, go to advance, click on convert to logical, click ok then apply.

If you have more partions make sure to do the same asthe step 5. There should only be one active Primiray partition and that should be the Parttition where you have all of you games, the rest of the partitions should be all Logical.

Go on to DM Booter, Wiiflow or GX to try it out hope it helped, because for me it did

Reactions: 1 person

wiimann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will games with DOL's like Zelda: CE and Sonic Gems Collection ever work with NoDisc Patching? Every time I load a game, it just goes straight back to the Wii Menu.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does crediar plan to eventually implement proper audio streaming?

i think he has stated that it can't happen due to hardware issues, think he stated something in the wii's would have to be soldered to actually make it work.[...]

Audio Streaming does not require soldering. It works on swiss with no soldering required. Just Swiss and an SD Gecko or IDE. I could understand if it was just kinda a pain in the ass to figure out how to get working perfect or at all, even swiss doesnt have it perfect, but still has it. But there is no soldering involved in getting audio streaming working.

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys i was able to find a fix for those of you who have problems mounting a 1TB HDD or higher or for those who get a black screen and no splash screen from dios mios 2.0.
It seems that Dios mios only works if your HDD is 1st primary partition, so for those people who had their HDD formatted in to 2 partitions or more and had their games on the second partition like me where out of luck with out reformatting the HDD and transferring back and forth which can be a Hassle and time consumption. The fix its simple.

Now we have to make the second partition of our HDD which it has our games the 1st and primary cause otherwise Dios Mios doesn't work, and we have to make our 1st partion which for my case is a NTFS drive a Logical partition.

3. On the program you will see you HDD, rightclick on the FAT32 Partition where you have you games, go to Advance, click on convert to primary, click ok then click apply on the top lefthandside then ok.
5. Now right click on the 1st partition the NTFS on my case, go to advance, click on convert to logical, click ok then apply.

If you have more partions make sure to do the same asthe step 5. There should only be one active Primiray partition and that should be the Parttition where you have all of you games, the rest of the partitions should be all Logical.

Go on to DM Booter, Wiiflow or GX to try it out hope it helped, because for me it did

Cheers mate,I'd nearly givin up getting this to work with my HDD,making the 1st partition primary has done the trick,btw I used configurable usb loader and super mario sunshine to test it and its working fine...now I just have to find where I put all those gamecube discs!

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work with swiss at all.
Audio Streaming doesn't work with Swiss?

Tell me again how I'm using audio streaming with Swiss to play Star Fox Adventures, then... Seing as how for some reason the subtitles are tied into audio streaming, and audio streaming has to work for the subtitles to show up when they're supposed to

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Zero Aurion, i got audio (music and sounds) and subs too with DM, the only thing that is missing are voices...

Maybe that is the only thing that is audio streamed in Starfox adventures.

@greennw308, if you are implying DiosMios can read SD cards, you are wrong.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Cheers mate,I'd nearly givin up getting this to work with my HDD,making the 1st partition primary has done the trick,btw I used configurable usb loader and super mario sunshine to test it and its working fine...now I just have to find where I put all those gamecube discs!
No problem it took me 2 days to figure it out

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work with swiss at all.
Audio Streaming doesn't work with Swiss?

Tell me again how I'm using audio streaming with Swiss to play Star Fox Adventures, then... Seing as how for some reason the subtitles are tied into audio streaming, and audio streaming has to work for the subtitles to show up when they're supposed to
And lets not forget the fact that music and voices wont work at all on Star Fox Adventures without working audio streaming. I can hear music and voices perfect with Swiss. When I played SFA on DM/DML, all I got was silence, with mis-timed subtitles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P