Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has a compatability list for hard drives been started yet? I'm not sure if my Western Digital My Book 3.0 is functioning correctly with DM.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Going to try the DML Booter Hielkenator suggested today along with the 3a version to see if that makes any difference.
Just tried FIX94's DM(L) Booter and some of the games now work! Notably, Mario Sunshine does not work (PAL game on PAL machine - tried several video patches). Get a black screen, but can reset the machine using the controller shortcuts.
So this shows that the WD My Passport does in fact work with DM. :yay:
Still no good with Wiiflow, using latest r513 revision, getting that fatal error apploader size is zero thing.

Does this mean it all comes down to video patching issues with Wiiflow and/or DM? Never had these problems with Wiiflow and DML.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried DM 2.0 3a. Still hasn't fixed the controller issue.
homer-doh-squaregreen.jpg
Just read somebody mention the idea of not putting int the controller until AFTER the game was booted. I'm not sure if it was this same problem or with a certain problematic game but I just thought I'd mention it to see if it works at a workaround.

Just tried it, also didn't work. I'm starting to lose hope of it ever working.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I cannot load my games anymore. I tried everything with my wiiflow mod setting and re-installing DM2 update 2 but it ALWAYS code dumped on me!

I didn't touch anything with my working flash drive (16 sandisk) so this shouldn't the issue.

Any help gents?

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii hangs at a black screen when I try to boot the game. I have followed instructions very carefully, what could I be doing wrong?

Could be your hard drive, I have a western digital passport 1tb that works fine, but my older seagate free agent 750gb never shows the dios mios splash screen.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the Official Compatiblity list? http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List
If so can it please be added to the first post so it can be updated by all people instead of them posting in the thread .

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii hangs at a black screen when I try to boot the game. I have followed instructions very carefully, what could I be doing wrong?

Could be your hard drive, I have a western digital passport 1tb that works fine, but my older seagate free agent 750gb never shows the dios mios splash screen.
I have this one.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o03_s00_i00

Wii games work just fine but gamecube games won't :( But for some reason when I installed dios mios 2.0 gamecube games stopped loading from the SD card slot as well. Even though it worked on the previous version. I have since gone back to the previous version.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have this one.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o03_s00_i00

Wii games work just fine but gamecube games won't :( But for some reason when I installed dios mios 2.0 gamecube games stopped loading from the SD card slot as well. Even though it worked on the previous version. I have since gone back to the previous version.

DM=usb only DML=SD only,,
Make sure drive is Fat32 32 cluster's only, first partition on ur drive primary and active,, if this is all good i rec, installing a new BCv6 plus the latest DM wad from google,

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had success running Dios Mios with a 1tb Western Digital Elements hdd? I'm considering buying one but want to know if people have gotten it to work with Dios Mios. Mine is too small and can't disable spindown. Any other drives that are working out there?

I'm using a WD Elements 1TB Portable USB 3 drive, model WDBPCK0010BBK. It's been working fine for me so far. It's pretty cheap at Staples, too.

Much appreciated! :)

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the Official Compatiblity list? http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List
If so can it please be added to the first post so it can be updated by all people instead of them posting in the thread .

Too many people posting black screens for games that actually DO work. All the games I've tested that are listed as not working work fine for me.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I gotta LMAO at the ppl deleting the system files and renaming the gameID folders, and then wondering why DM wont work... It won't work because the sys files and folders are required to have the games run. And the GameID folders have to keep the GAMEID as their folder names.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

I'm speecheless...
All those years I wondered why TP lookes so fuzzy....
was abug in pal version all along.....
NTSC version looks great in 480 p!

Would there be more games that suffer from this bug on wii?
Okami comes to mind....

Wait a second, it was common knowledge that the GC version of TP looks better than the Wii version, because the game has always been coded specifically for the GC while the Wii version is just a rushed port, which would explain the bugs in there.

And it has nothing to do with the region of the game. Both NTSC and PAL GC versions of TP looks the same in 480p. The PAL version doesn't support 480p, but you sure can force 480p AND also widescreen. That's right. You can play the GC version of TP in 480p and 16:9. TP is one of the gamecube games that can be forced to output 16:9 flawlessly.

The GC version of TP however has framerate issues which have been addressed with the Wii version.

Well this is what I thought, untill I played the ntsc versions of these games in 480P.
The NTSC versions display the games in 480 p properly.

i believe not a lot of people noticed it because, not everybody had the chance to play games out of their region.
Or had the abilty to display 480p on an lcd screen with component cables.
If you google this, you'll see peoplecomplaining about this back in 2007.

The pal version supports 480p for wii but adds a filter in the process.
Compared to the ntsc version it looks A LOT less scharp, both in standard and widescreen.
If I had'nt seen it myself I would not believe it, it's really annoying once you see it.
Feels like my pal copy is worthless now.

Do'nt post if you did't even try it. I can tell you did'nt. You would've seen it for yourself.
also th info you provide is'nt correct. My copy of TP pal clearly has the edtv/hdtv logo on the back.
it's a bugged game for the pal region and a shame.

For people from the ntsc region, the gc and wii games look the same. For people from the pal region the the gc and wii versions look the same.
The ntsc version displays 480 properly, the pal version on wii displays in 480 p but adds a sort of flicker filter and makes the game look blurry.

The games display the same in 480i for both regions.

Madworld also doe'snt support 480 p in pal, Scarface is another game that doe'snt support 480 p in pal, so did pikmin 2 pal version and cod3.
Those games cannot be forced to 480p either, like some pal games can. The ntsc version of these games are the definitive versions imho.
Just add TP to that list if you display the game in 480p and want to have the best possibel picture, and it's really, a better picture with this game.

The weird thing is that zelda supports 480p in pal, and the wii swithced accordingly, but does not display it as the ntsc version does.
also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8451958

Note that some games can be forced to 480p in pal via usb loaders, but not all games.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this the Official Compatiblity list? http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

Too many people posting black screens for games that actually DO work. All the games I've tested that are listed as not working work fine for me.
ya everything is working for me if i force interlace obviously theres a issue there since i cant go progressive but everything works. Only 1 game i have tried doesn't xmen legends 2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this the Official Compatiblity list? http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List
This is the OLD compatibility list.
users started updating (and merging) new result in the old DIOS MIOS list.
This is now all messed up.

I wanted to fix that page to prevent even more confusion, but it's looks like more users are now modifying it. It may require a full reset.
I talked with Sk0ld, and he told me that DM and DML should have the exact same compatibility (except exceptional game needing the 8k missing mem1), so using DML compatibility list should be fine.
Both list will looks alike. (except for people thinking the game doesn't work because they don't have a good USB FAT32 32k primary active compatible partition, with wrong settings).

I didn't had the time, but I will try to merge both DM and DML into a single page.
Or I'll just update the DM page to have the same layout as DML (with nmm, 480p, etc) and delete old DM entries.

r6 is the old revision
r2.0 is not a revision, it's a version, it should be v2 *update2* or v2 *update3* etc.

Reactions: 1 person

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mario sunshine actually crashes if u stay in one area for 2 long and the hdd shuts off and then u move to another area it will give u the error occurred screen im assuming its because it cant find the usb. theres gotta be some way to ping the hdd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2