Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, but the point of Devolution was also playing your games from an USB medium from Wii, the legal way. Without needing Gc controllers ( not added yet..)
as of right now it only works with GC controllers. It would be awsome if he'd pulled it of in WiiU mode without sacrificing his anti piracy methods.
Though those would make more sense IF nintendo actually released Gc games the next decade.
I still feel devolution was a POC from tueidj. At least it feels like one, especially çause he needs the games himself to keep development going in terms of gamesupport. ( some games are hard to find nowadays...)

The point of devo is to give the illusion that tueidj is abiding by legal parameters. really it just gives us all headaches and helps to hinder further testing and improvements (some people who like to test and report things may not use it if its difficult). its still bypassing security measures put in place by the hardware, in turn making it illegal.

the point of homebrew is to do cool stuff without restriction. why the hell would i want to use devo if i need the disc, ill just play the fucking disc! putting it on the wii u would again make it illegal.

back on topic, DM rules. crediar understands what homebrew is about. tueidj gets my respect, but still bite my shiny metal ass.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never forced progressive (I use component cables on a CRT so I let the game offer it, then select it) but I do enable padhook. I did see that bug earlier in the thread but from my settings it should have affected my set up.
Also, I thought that using DMbooter was a plain/straight/no-option booter... so that if the game wouldn't boot in a USB loader of any kind, try it in DMbooter to see if DM supports it at all... right? :unsure:

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finaly i got a gc controller (was hard to find one to buy), i installed DML 2.6 and got mario sunshine but game stuck on dios mios logo when launching wihout disc (i got nodisc option on in cfg usb loader options), with him work fine
so i want to know:
if i let disc and drive and play dont gonna have any problem? i dont want to get my drive disc being reading all the time if the game is running of sd
thanks!

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ above poster, no disc should be enabled by DML automagically when you start the game (aka you shouldn't need to manually enable it) not sure what you're asking though :/.

On another note, derp, I never realized force progressive + padhook was were my games giving me a black screen is, you guys rock. I didn't even have to ask to get my answer :D

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@ above poster, no disc should be enabled by DML automagically when you start the game (aka you shouldn't need to manually enable it) not sure what you're asking though :/.

On another note, derp, I never realized force progressive + padhook was were my games giving me a black screen is, you guys rock. I didn't even have to ask to get my answer :D
Let me try to elaborate better:
I installed dios mios lite, but any game starts without disc in the drive, even with nodisc option turned on in cfg usb loader :mellow:
Thanks for help. :D

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Let me try to elaborate better:
I installed dios mios lite, but any game starts without disc in the drive, even with nodisc option turned on in cfg usb loader :mellow:
Thanks for help. :D
He's just saying the no-disc option in no longer used, even though it's there. It just detects if there's a disk in or not when it starts and turns that feature on or off automatically, ignoring what the "setting" sayd (decides to block the game detecting if there's a disk in or not block it.) MOST games run fine without it. I think there are just some games that still need a disk in but even then, it doesn't read anything from the disk. It just asks the drive if it's there or not.

There are so many little things that could go wrong, though, your problem might be something else.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He's just saying the no-disc option in no longer used, even though it's there. It just detects if there's a disk in or not when it starts and turns that feature on or off automatically, ignoring what the "setting" sayd (decides to block the game detecting if there's a disk in or not block it.) MOST games run fine without it. I think there are just some games that still need a disk in but even then, it doesn't read anything from the disk. It just asks the drive if it's there or not.

There are so many little things that could go wrong, though, your problem might be something else.
And what could be? Can you please give some obvious/common solutions? What information i can give to help identify the problem?:mellow:
I tried alot of games, like mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, mario kart DD, zelda wind waker, mario TTYD, all of them stucked on dios mios logo without disc in drive, but when i insert any wii game, it loads fine.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK let me start by asking, did you try the GC games with DM booter?

If the games won't even start with DM booter, there is probably a problem with the way you formatted your HDD or all games are ripped wrong (which probably is not the case).

For GC games to work with DM it would be best to format the HDD as FAT32 with a 32KB clustersize..other clustersizes probably work too..

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK let me start by asking, did you try the GC games with DM booter?

If the games won't even start with DM booter, there is probably a problem with the way you formatted your HDD or all games are ripped wrong (which probably is not the case).

For GC games to work with DM it would be best to format the HDD as FAT32 with a 32KB clustersize..other clustersizes probably work too..
I was using CFG usb loader and DML 2.6, i tried the DMbooter and got same results, game starts only when there's a disc in drive, i tried to change settings and still not worked.
My SD is formatted at 32kb clustersize and game was ripped with the tool provided with DML 2.6 :(
And a little question, i need a special format to DML read games from discs? I heard that in changelog and i want to give a try.I should burn a data disc with games converted by the tool or a normal GC game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to burn a game, use a normal gameCube games format.
1:1 ISO has better compatibility.
Retail disc is working fine, no need to convert it.

The tools provided with DML2.6 can't "rip" your game. you need a homebrew to rip the disc into an ISO format (using CleanRip or a USBLoader).
The provided tools can Rename/put the ISO in correct folder name, and can also compress/extract an ISO file (but it's NOT needed)
Always test your game in 1:1 first (just ripped from disc, not compressed, not extracted)

Reactions: boomario

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want to burn a game, use a normal gameCube games format.
1:1 ISO has better compatibility.
Retail disc is working fine, no need to convert it.

The tools provided with DML2.6 can't "rip" your game. you need a homebrew to rip the disc into an ISO format (using CleanRip or a USBLoader).
The provided tools can Rename/put the ISO in correct folder name, and can also compress/extract an ISO file (but it's NOT needed)
Always test your game in 1:1 first (just ripped from disc, not compressed, not extracted)
Thanks man, i will try with my games :lol:

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I lost hope for any update soon for Dios Mios (Lite) to fix Sonic Gems Collection, I guess I'll just use Devolution for this one game since I already have it legally, can anyone confirm if it works fine with Devolution on usblgx?

@Cyan sorry for asking here but have there been any updates for usblgx channel (not forwarder) to support the new DM(L)? If not when do you think there should be a release?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The channel is updated only when there's an official release. (2.3, 3.0, 3.1, etc.). I don't have any planed date for a release.
If you want the DM(L) compatibility, then you obviously have either the SD or the USB in FAT32 format, so you don't have any problem to put the boot.dol there, and use the forwarder until there's a Full channel release.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I wonder, it is possible to use cheats (.gct) with retail discs? Or the cheats only works when you have the file of the game in the USB?
Also, how do I create .gct files?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost hope for any update soon for Dios Mios (Lite) to fix Sonic Gems Collection, I guess I'll just use Devolution for this one game since I already have it legally, can anyone confirm if it works fine with Devolution on usblgx?

@Cyan sorry for asking here but have there been any updates for usblgx channel (not forwarder) to support the new DM(L)? If not when do you think there should be a release?

I use DM for sonic gems collection all the time, seems to work flawlessly in my experience. What exactly is wrong with the game on your end? I mean, sure-- it requires you have a disk inserted to play properly, but aside from that what's wrong? My rip works fine.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, it is possible to use cheats (.gct) with retail discs? Or the cheats only works when you have the file of the game in the USB?
Also, how do I create .gct files?

Any cheat manager application, if you are using a USB Loader, just put the text file containing codes (Example GSNE8P.txt would be for sonic adventure 2 battle) in it's path (usually sd:/txtcodes/) and use the loaders inbuilt gct maker function to write GCT files. Cheat gct's have to be on the device that DM/DML is using. USB Loader GX is easiest to use for cheating IMO. About the disk question, Yes it should work fine as long as a DM/DML compatable device it inserted and contains the gct codes. Ill have to test that a bit more though.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got all of my Gamecube games playing in DM in an extracted format. Since DM now supports ISOs would it make since to start using ISOs instead of the extracted versions of the games? Besides multi disc capability is there any other benefit?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've got all of my Gamecube games playing in DM in an extracted format. Since DM now supports ISOs would it make since to start using ISOs instead of the extracted versions of the games? Besides multi disc capability is there any other benefit?
The extracted format is actually supposed to be faster unless you have a really slow HDD. the extracted format MIGHT take up just a LITTLE more disk space than a TRIMMED ("compressed") ISO image but not much (and a full sized 1:1 ISO image will still be the biggest) so really the multi-disk support is the only benefit with IOS's on DM(L).

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Any cheat manager application, if you are using a USB Loader, just put the text file containing codes (Example GSNE8P.txt would be for sonic adventure 2 battle) in it's path (usually sd:/txtcodes/) and use the loaders inbuilt gct maker function to write GCT files. Cheat gct's have to be on the device that DM/DML is using. USB Loader GX is easiest to use for cheating IMO. About the disk question, Yes it should work fine as long as a DM/DML compatable device it inserted and contains the gct codes. Ill have to test that a bit more though.

Thanks for the help.
I created a .gct with the gct creator online thingy.
But it seems its not working. I dont use USBloaderGX to be linked with DIOS MIOS, and I wonder if DM booter has an options to enable cheats?
I have placed the .gct file in the game folder with the game ID as a name, but its not working :(
Does games need the "master" code to allow other codes work?

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extracted format is actually supposed to be faster unless you have a really slow HDD. the extracted format MIGHT take up just a LITTLE more disk space than a TRIMMED ("compressed") ISO image but not much (and a full sized 1:1 ISO image will still be the biggest) so really the multi-disk support is the only benefit with IOS's on DM(L).

Ok cool, good to know. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.