Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone recommend a good setup for a 80gb HDD?

What I had before was 2gb FAT32, 78gb NTFS, but now I'm not sure if I should just format the whole drive to 32kb clusters FAT32, or still create a seperate partition for the apps?

Lord Coolman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I've installed DML but after that my retail GC games stopped working, so I want to uninstall it. I've uninstalled the DML wad, but it hasn't fixed anything (it now shows black screen and freezes right after i press "Play", before uninstalling it has also been showing GC-Loader). Is there any way to uninstall it without restoring my NAND backup? Thanks in advance for replies.

Seach, download and install a patched MIOS. There is no need to restore a backup of the nand.

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
What I had before was 2gb FAT32, 78gb NTFS, but now I'm not sure if I should just format the whole drive to 32kb clusters FAT32, or still create a seperate partition for the apps?

You don't need to separate anything, you can place everything in one partition.

so maybe my HDD will work with his upcoming build?

maybe. Just wait and see.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to public release beta testing lol, a big round of applause to those that ruined it. Everyone chill and report issues properly. Google code works magic.

I'm so sad that not only does PL4 get released while I'm on vacation away from any Wii's but now DM does too and I have no idea if my drive is going to work or not.. Ugh the suspense is killin me XD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, the r5 fixed my green screen problem with zelda PAL + component cable :)
All default settings.

It switched off the wii the first time I tried, but it worked on the second try.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we always must "patch" the games using DiscEx or can we simply put the iso file under the games folder?

You can rename it to game.iso and put it in /games/GAMEID/game.iso

However DiscEx-c can compress games, and GCReEx -x can make them run faster

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
USB 2 or 3 doesn't matter btw. I'm using a USB 3 one all the time. It just depens on the USB-Controller that's inside the case, the revision does not matter, as USB 3 is 100% downwards comaptible with USB 2.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Compatibility for me has increased dramatically in this release, games that green screened before now work. (I haven't tested all the green screen games yet but all the ones Iv'e tested so far now work.)

Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь