Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do we always must "patch" the games using DiscEx or can we simply put the iso file under the games folder?

You can rename it to game.iso and put it in /games/GAMEID/game.iso

However DiscEx-c can compress games, and GCReEx -x can make them run faster
how do you use gcReex-x to make them run faster and is the sys folder useless then

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we always must "patch" the games using DiscEx or can we simply put the iso file under the games folder?

how do you use gcReex-x to make them run faster and is the sys folder useless then

Download GCReEX, extract it, put your iso in the same folder as it, open a command prompt in that window, type "GCReEx.exe -x " without the quotes or carrots

All the folders are needed i believe. It makes it faster because they are aligned to 64k which allows for faster reads.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Download GCReEX, extract it, put your iso in the same folder as it, open a command prompt in that window, type "GCReEx.exe -x " without the quotes or carrots

All the folders are needed i believe. It makes it faster because they are aligned to 64k which allows for faster reads.
Do scrubbed gc games work
Anyway to do all ios`s at the same time or in queue

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Does the prompt keep closing on you? I've always done it this way (on Windows 7):
1. Find the folder that gcreex is located in.
2. Hold shift, and right-click the folder. Click "open command window here" and the prompt will open.
3. The file location should be there. All you need to do now is type in this:
Code:
gcreex.exe -x GAME.iso

GAME.iso is whatever game file you have. So for example, Sonic Adventure DX might be:
Code:
gcreex.exe -x h-sadx.gcm
If it's a gcm, just type gcm instead of iso. Press enter and the files will extract themselves.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does the prompt keep closing on you? I've always done it this way (on Windows 7):
2. Hold shift, and right-click the folder. Click "open command window here" and the prompt will open.
Code:
gcreex.exe -x GAME.iso

GAME.iso is whatever game file you have. So for example, Sonic Adventure DX might be:
Code:
gcreex.exe -x h-sadx.gcm
If it's a gcm, just type gcm instead of iso. Press enter and the files will extract themselves.
thanks this is what i just said :P

kirbymaster101, do them one at a time

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Code:
gcreex.exe -x GAME.iso

Code:
gcreex.exe -x h-sadx.gcm
Thanks alot but anyway to be able to do all games in queue.
(Im cool doing one in a time, just wondering if it would be possible to.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So USB Loader GX 3.0 is asking me if I want to copy my gamecube game to SD why the hell would I want it to do that when I have DIOS MIOS 2.0.wad installed not the lite version! seriously what the heck am I doing wrong? I get the DIOS MIOS screen to show up fine but it comes up with some apploader error! any one lend me some time to help me figure this out real quick! Thanks. Also the Wii will ask me for a disc when as far as I knew the whole point to using DIOS MIOS 2.0 was to run the games from the Hard Drive not the disc!

The Error Message I get when the Dios Mios screen pops up is: "Fatal Loader App Size is Zero"

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So USB Loader GX 3.0 is asking me if I want to copy my gamecube game to SD why the hell would I want it to do that when I have DIOS MIOS 2.0.wad installed not the lite version! seriously what the heck am I doing wrong? I get the DIOS MIOS screen to show up fine but it comes up with some apploader error! any one lend me some time to help me figure this out real quick! Thanks.

uhm because 3.0 was made before Dios mios was release, why the hell would they let you do something that wasnt possible at the time? Download the latest svn version from Cyan a few pages back, then set your path to usb in custom paths, then it will work.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So USB Loader GX 3.0 is asking me if I want to copy my gamecube game to SD why the hell would I want it to do that when I have DIOS MIOS 2.0.wad installed not the lite version! seriously what the heck am I doing wrong? I get the DIOS MIOS screen to show up fine but it comes up with some apploader error! any one lend me some time to help me figure this out real quick! Thanks.

uhm because 3.0 was made before Dios mios was release, why the hell would they let you do something that wasnt possible at the time? Download the latest svn version from Cyan a few pages back, then set your path to usb in custom paths, then it will work.

A couple of pages back LMAO and thanks for the help! Hope it does :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get a "fatal error apploader size is zero!" error while trying to run SSBM.
Does anyone know what's going on?
Also the Wii will ask me for a disc when as far as I knew the whole point to using DIOS MIOS 2.0 was to run the games from the Hard Drive not the disc!

The Error Message I get when the Dios Mios screen pops up is: "Fatal Loader App Size is Zero"

To fix the "Fatal error apploader size is zero!", just put a game in the drive :)

And loading from USB has nothing to do with "not having a disc inserted". just do what it asked you, insert one and profit USB loading.

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a list of games I tested that are working using the updated dios mios using usbloader gx r1191 to launch games
Games : Super Smash Bros Melee (ntsc-u) working
Mario Kart Double Dash (ntsc-u) working)
Luigi's Mansion (ntsc-u) working
F-Zero GX (ntsc-u) working
Bloody Roar Primal Fury (ntsc-u) working with issues (no background music during gameplay)
Star Fox Assault (ntsc-u) working
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (ntsc-u) working
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (ntsc-u) working
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (ntsc-u) working
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker (ntsc-u) working
SoulCalibur II (ntsc-u) working
Sonic Adventure DX (ntsc-u) working
Sonic Adventure's 2 Battle (ntsc-u) working
Sonic Heroes (ntsc-u) working
Alien Hominid (ntsc-u) working with issues (no background music during gameplay)
Viewtiful Joe (ntsc-u) working
Tony Hawk Underground 2 (ntsc-u) working
The games listed work perfectly on the new usb loader gx r1191

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so am
What do I do after I use GCReEx. I got a root and sys folder
Drag the GAMEID folder to your "games" folder on your hdd. Basically the same as a DiscEX folder.
so am I suppose to not have any iso files anymore?
i can name the GAMEID folder anything right?
Don't change the GAMEID. Everything in the root and sys folders are exactly the same as in the iso. The difference is that all the files are now extracted. When you run gcreex, you should get two results: the original iso/gcm file should still be there, and you now have a GAMEID folder. The GAMEID folder is dragged to your "games" folder on the hdd. When you use DM(L) booter, the games display without their GAMEIDs and instead use their original titles.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so am
What do I do after I use GCReEx. I got a root and sys folder
Drag the GAMEID folder to your "games" folder on your hdd. Basically the same as a DiscEX folder.
so am I suppose to not have any iso files anymore?
i can name the GAMEID folder anything right?
Don't change the GAMEID. Everything in the root and sys folders are exactly the same as in the iso. The difference is that all the files are now extracted. When you run gcreex, you should get two results: the original iso/gcm file should still be there, and you now have a GAMEID folder. The GAMEID folder is dragged to your "games" folder on the hdd. When you use DM(L) booter, the games display without their GAMEIDs and instead use their original titles.
Thank you so much for answering my questions but CAN I change the GAMEID if I want to? Like will changing the gameid make programs like usblaoder gx not read them or something?

Also is compatibilty the same with DIOS MIOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?