Hacking DIOS MIOS Lite

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Ugh, why do people want to argue so much about this? There is nothing wrong with people having their own opinion on this.

Seriously ? you pretty much started the argument in that thread by summarizing a situation about which you don't really understand the details, in a quite controversial way... that just how people behaves to create drama on the internet.

And here you go again:

I'm not saying he lied about it, but I don't see why he didn't release the working version.

Because he is a scammer and like releasing non-working stuff, obviously :ninja:

More seriously, at the end, it's between the 2 involved individuals, and none of your (our) business.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sk0ld, I understand why you'd want to make this thread, but I just think (in hindsight) that a lot of the unwanted attention towards the one point that you don't want people to focus on could've been avoided if you had worded the opening post from a slightly different angle ;-) You know there's a reason even huge organisations are willing to pay for PR, lol.

As far as this fundraiser drive goes, just keep to the message that "so-and-so needs money to do blahblahblah" and don't stray from it.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, why do people want to argue so much about this? There is nothing wrong with people having their own opinion on this.

Seriously ? you pretty much started the argument in that thread by summarizing a situation about which you don't really understand the details, in a quite controversial way... that just how people behaves to create drama on the internet.
I didn't want to argue, I was simply stating how I felt about the issue.
And here you go again:

I'm not saying he lied about it, but I don't see why he didn't release the working version.

You obviously ignored the bold part. :glare:

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I didn't want to argue, I was simply stating how I felt about the issue.
And here you go again:

You obviously ignored the bold part. :glare:

Joostin stop trolling the DML threads and go back to increasing your message count by begging every dev to make icon requests in your thread. Take your opinion elsewhere it's clearly not wanted here

What is the point in donating? when I'm happy with what is available now and more in the future (possible NMM support). At least, I'm not being scammed or paying for it and it's available to everyone.

Edit: Also... I think the risk has paid off, massively and has worked out well so far. I wish all of the DML development team, all the best with the continuing progress with this new advancement. As like I said before, I'll be watching this project very closely. :)

Are you stupid? Didn't crediar stop development on DIOS MIOS because of people like you. These Devs give up their own time to make this stuff, show some appreciation otherwise there wont be any future releases

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He only stopped because, he wasn't getting anywhere with the obvious problems which where fixed when G0dlike purchase the original source of DML from him to make it open source.

For your information... I give enough respect and credit for the amount of time and effort the developers take to create and maintain any project which affect the way we play on our own consoles (if I met any of the developers for any of the projects, past and present... I would be honoured to shake their hand and possibly buy them a drink).

People like me, you don't know... so you might want to think twice before you judge me, as I'm not that kind of person. Don't ever call me stupid, just because I didn't donate for a project which died and then came back to life on a risk, just to be maintained openly and publicly.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't ever call me stupid...

I didn't I asked "Are you Stupid?"

...just because I didn't donate for a project....

It has nothing to do with whether you donated to a project or not. If you didn't donate to a project then fine just don't go posting comments such as "What is the point in donating?" that will just annoy the developer leading them to think "What is the point in me developing this project"

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not even going to answer that...

Edit: Projects have been abandoned in the past, due to either lack of support, funding, knowledge or maybe just because something new and fresh had come along that worked better, compared to the original idea which already existed before.

Even unexpected or unannounced leaks have lead to certain projects being completely scrapped or either shelved never to see the light of day again.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.G0dlike bought DML from crediar
2.G0dlike release codes as opensource
3.Wiipower and others make changes to the code
4.crediar promises to update the code with a better version once people donated as much as g0dlike paid for DML
5.people donate the amount to G0dlike
6.crediar updates code
7.Everyone lived happily ever after except the evil witch Joostin
That's hilarious

Guys, let's just stop arguing. Blame me for all of this if you want, as long as we can start a more productive conversation.
That can start happening as soon as you stop swooping down and dropping turds on the thread like some seagull/troll hybrid.
Is that a hobby?

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld, I understand why you'd want to make this thread, but I just think (in hindsight) that a lot of the unwanted attention towards the one point that you don't want people to focus on could've been avoided if you had worded the opening post from a slightly different angle
What point would that be? I'd really like you to answer this too, because like Slowking, it seems like you guys are just pulling these comments out of thin air. Also, whether you able to realize it or not, this 'unwanted attention' as you call it.. It's just trolling. It's not even all that deceptive. Completely unwarranted drivel.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody has ownership. GodLike released dml to the community as open source.
Just because it's open source, doesn't mean nobody owns it - somebody is still the official owner and holds the copyright. That person can grant permission for the original code to be used under whatever licence they like (excluding the portions which belong to someone else, such as the SDHC code) or sell those rights. This may or may not include any contributions made by other authors to the google code project, since there's no statement saying if contributors retain ownership of their work or not.

(Isn't the world of open software fun?)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I usually understand the technical part of a project better than the legal part.

I like the open source idea since it gives developpers an option to continue on the work others abandonned.
It also leaves the option to tweak a project if you don't like it the way it is.

Most bigger projects are developed by a Team of programmers, so it's difficult to point an owner.
You could call the Team the owner... If someone donates, how will they share it between the team members?
And we all know the bin folders that are included with projects, simply being a bunch of bytes...Open source?

People think because you like developping things, you should do it for free. Before you know, they start flaming
about bugs or start demanding the addition of features. Everybody is free to think as he likes (At least in my country)

If you say you are looking for someone who likes to paint, so he can come over to paint your house for free, suddenly the comparison isn't right anymore?
I don't see the difference between painting if you like it and programming.

The one objective thing I notice is that as soon as $$$ are involved, people show interest, and that isn't any different for the GPL police.
The guys in Boston probably don't do their job for free, maybe they don't like doing what they do. :)

Those who notice that this posting is getting off topic are right, but it is intenionally. (What was this topic about?)

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What point would that be? I'd really like you to answer this too, because like Slowking, it seems like you guys are just pulling these comments out of thin air. Also, whether you able to realize it or not, this 'unwanted attention' as you call it.. It's just trolling. It's not even all that deceptive. Completely unwarranted drivel.
Reread what you actually wrote in the beginning, where you essentially said "if people don't donate, crediar will have no will to work on it"... personally, I would've worded that a little differently. It sounded too much like "no money, no talk", which I presumed wasn't the point you wanted to make? Nothing wrong with "no money, no talk", but it's kinda...tacky. For a fundraiser, I think it's more important to focus on the positive and what good things the donations can do, but refrain from talking about the negative and what would happen if people don't donate...

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for actually answering. I really do appreciate it.
As you can imagine, this was not an easy thing to write, especially from my perspective. It was certainly much harder to come up with than the plan itself.
You know it's funny, I actually went over and over that part, and that is what I landed on. There's no doubt that I am my own harshest critic when it comes to writing. I had a short amount of time to write it as well, but it is what it is and I like it. What I had written there.. that is the case. I don't think it sounds as harsh (tacky? ouch, man..) as the example you have just given, but you are certainly entitled to that opinion. I don't agree with it, but I again thank you for the civility.

While some may find the tone a bit rough, having been closer to the situation can say that it's absolutely necessary. The whole post is necessary. There seems to be a stigma around here about developers who offer a collection plate that I feel needs to be broken. "What is the point in donating?" I often refer to these people as 'takers.'

It's not quite as simple as just using the word fundraiser. It's not demanding donations either, but we all strike our own balance on issues such as this. While I refer to it as enjoyable work, it's still work. It is time consuming, and as you can tell with the recent revisions merging it with the PoC code, it's often difficult and frustrating. (and yes, the 'error occurred' problem is being worked on. It was nowhere near as prevalent as it was in testing.)
Those who notice that this posting is getting off topic are right, but it is intenionally. (What was this topic about?)
So having read the initial post, you're wondering what it's about.. ok. :rolleyes: It's not my fault trolling derailed it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was meant to be ironic. The way it had derailed already, I felt like totally leaving the track was even better than continuing the way it was going.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Crediar, thank you Wiipower, thank you sk0ld, thank you to anyone else involved in the project and a huge thank you to everyone who donated out of their interest and good will to see this project devolopment continue to be improved upon and released. I wasn't able to donate while the fundraiser was going on but I will donate today and continue donating in the future. So can we all forget about the $$ BS and just do what we all do cuz we love to do it ;-)

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(and yes, the 'error occurred' problem is being worked on. It was nowhere near as prevalent as it was in testing.)
BIG update for you guys on this. After you boot DML, take out any USB devices!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +1