Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@insidexdeath: what version of dml are you using and what loader??
i have noticed that the default settings in some loaders isn't the same as in cfg(that is my prefered loader because is flexible and easy to understand and you can set options without need to save it).
i with 1.4b can boot it with default settings in cfg loader and like i said before some games cannot be forced to ntsc and wind waker is one of theses, but you can force it to 480p if you have component cables(and looks awesome).

edit: quick findings:
-cfg default settings: boots perfectly in 576i as spected on a pal game, seletor show up.
-loader gx default settings: boots but give a "no signal", the game is going on because after a while the signal returns because the Hz selector of the game takes effect and set the game to 480i.
-wiiflow-mod default settings: green screen.

I have version 1.4b

Using the latest USB Loader GX 3.0 that was released recently and as soon as I run Wind Waker I just get that green screen and it stays on it.
set "Video Mode" to "Disc Default" and leave "DML Video Mode" alone, if didn't work set "DML Video Mode" to "DML Auto".
and if you got component cables(the ones with 5 plugs, green, blue and red for video and white and red for audio) set "DML Video Mode" to "Force NTSC 480p".
if all fails, then try the dml booter 1.01 or cfg loader.

edit: nevermind, that doesn't exist in gx 3.0, i was using gx r1166, but you can enable the "GC Force Interlace" if the video mode alone don't work.

Didn't work.

I decided to get the NTSC version and it worked perfectly.

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I looked at the GC part of Wii stuff, and I'm happy to see that we've got something like this now. Awesome! Gotta look more at it when I get home from work.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I always use USB Loader GX and it supports the disk-art too and the original intro animation, really USB Loader GX did everything I want in one package, unlike Wiiflow which is extremely slow and busy with too much unnecessary effects!
Aaah, that breaks my heart, Wiiflow boots up within 5 secs. for me at the moment, and switching between different views is instant..i must say FIX94 did a hell of a job recoding a lot of stuff, and it seems like the latest rev is getting almost to perfection for me..
Too bad you don'have the same experience.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I always use USB Loader GX and it supports the disk-art too and the original intro animation, really USB Loader GX did everything I want in one package, unlike Wiiflow which is extremely slow and busy with too much unnecessary effects!
Aaah, that breaks my heart, Wiiflow boots up within 5 secs. for me at the moment, and switching between different views is instant..i must say FIX94 did a hell of a job recoding a lot of stuff, and it seems like the latest rev is getting almost to perfection for me..

Are you telling me not everyone is experiencing the slowdown in Wiiflow like me?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

Are you telling me not everyone is experiencing the slowdown in Wiiflow like me?
all three loaders works like a charm on my wii.
but to me no one is faster and easier than cfg.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think it all depends on the version you're using and how many bells and whistles you add on beyond just the original clean install setup. If you don't like all the extra effects of seeing the game covers floating around like that I can understand that, though. I saw some mention of them MAYBE trying to incorporate the original into animation into it. I'm not sure about the disk art, though. Even more effects might actually be a negative for some people, though. To each his own, I guess.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tried Wiiflow at it's default set up without disk covers and it runs rather slow, I kept it in my apps folder just in case but I have no intentions to use it, USB Loader GX works just fine with all the disk covers and disk-arts and all, but I guess it's a matter of opinion in the end, there's no "right" and "wrong" here!

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I deleted all my configurations for USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, and CFG USB Loader before I installed USB Loader GX 3.0, and now I am experiencing quite a slowdown in Wiiflow when I switch categories (by quite, I mean about a half-second). It's frustrating because it didn't do that before. And I've absolutely never managed to get NAND Emulation of VC/Wiiware working with it. Though I must say it has received incredible improvements in the last few months.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no... A whole half-second? What will we ever do? Really? Are people really complaining about half a second of loading? I swear, you people make big deals out of the smallest things...
"I cant play with slightly better graphics? I have to wait a half-second? NO!!! We're all going to die!" That's pretty much what the past 2 pages look like...

Reactions: 2 people

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man is my face red. So, about Mega Man X Collection not working, and how it was concluded that it was bad ISO image. It was. I should have noticed that not only was it a bad dump, it was the wrong size. When I had the first ISO, it was only 850MB when it clearly should have been 1.35GB instead. Talk about a PEBKAC error, and don't worry, I posses the physical disc, too.

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no... A whole half-second? What will we ever do? Really? Are people really complaining about half a second of loading? I swear, you people make big deals out of the smallest things...
"I cant play with slightly better graphics? I have to wait a half-second? NO!!! We're all going to die!" That's pretty much what the past 2 pages look like...

Calm down. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying there was a difference in speed and I'm not sure what caused it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, still doesn't work. If I played a 240p on the same cable, on the TV I use now using the mini-DVD, why in the he** can't I do it from a USB loader? Is it CFG USB Loader's fault? Tried a VC game in 240p, but to no avail (blank screen). This is where things get confusing; the HDTV clearly doesn't like 240p signals, yet the physical game worked perfect. The difference? One was the DVD ROM and the other, an SD card. They're the same bloody game, same bloody TV, cables, etc. What the he11 is going on?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't be surprised. We haven't ruled out component as a problem. Go grab the cheapest composite cable anywhere. If not online you might be lucky to find one at the right thrift shop, knowing Wii's current popularity state.

Though sometimes the bizarre does have merit to explore. There's a number of more remote possibilities:
Since that Wii is hacked, the mini-DVD gets forced into 480i by one of the mods.
Currently unforeseen Gamecube vs PS2 differences in the programming of Mega Man X Collection. (do we know if the two versions' internal display timings are identical?)
Wii handling 240p in a different way than the original Gamecube and/or PS2 hardware would.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is, I used 3rd party cables when I played it on the Wii's Gamecube mode, it was AFTER that day I swapped the cable with the official ones. It could be the just because they're official doesn't mean they're ultra high grade cables.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I should have noticed that not only was it a bad dump, it was the wrong size. When I had the first ISO, it was only 850MB when it clearly should have been 1.35GB instead.
the iso i have is ~850MB, that is the size of the game without dummies.
and if you have composite cables or other tv to test i think is the best you can do.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Calm down. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying there was a difference in speed and I'm not sure what caused it.
LOL, i get Zero Aurion's comment..half a second is .....close to nothing, what was it normally? 0.3 seconds?
I personally would not notice that.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have noticed that not only was it a bad dump, it was the wrong size. When I had the first ISO, it was only 850MB when it clearly should have been 1.35GB instead.
the iso i have is ~850MB, that is the size of the game without dummies.
and if you have composite cables or other tv to test i think is the best you can do.

By "dummies" you mean it's a compressed/scrubbed image, right? That's the size I had before, but the size I have now is 1.35GB. As for composite, I don't have any right now, but I think I have some at my house...I could always get when I go over there this weekend. I tried the VC combination of Z+A+2 and Z+A+1 on the Wii remote and 240p didn't show up, so the component cables may be at fault, especially if the 3rd party ones I used before did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43