GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
quick question before test:
megaman x collection does support progressive scan??
because when i play with a backup disc does not appear the progressive selector(using a cmios and the ntsc version and pressing B at boot just in case) and my tv displays the game in 480i.
i''m converting the game to dml right now to test the problem and report my findings.

i have waku waku 7(neogeo game) installed and runs in 480i even if i force and patch video to 480p with a loader, i suppose is running in 240p but my tv says 480i.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't likely. Cause and effect don't seem to corellate. You've given a description of events that's different than normal.

What you said is: menus appear while FMVs won't.

What usually happens: having menus and FMV appear then no gameplay

The latter scenario is known to happen on Gamecube and PS2 also. Since that's caused by the TV component input failing to recognize 240p, rather than a problem with the game, console, or cable.

I know that, but the fact that I've played this game (the physical disc) on the very TV I'm using right now while using the same cables tells me the TV supports 240p just fine.

If I played it before, using the same cables, same HDTV, same input as when I did when I played it from the disc no more than two months ago, why won't it work now?!!

Two months ago:
HDTV: Vizio 32" LCD
Cables: Official Component cable (bought in 2008)
Method of loading: Wii disc drive
Video settings used: Default/480p
Game status: Playable/visible

This month:
HDTV: Vizio 32" LCD
Cables: Official Component cable (bought in 2008)
Method of loading: DML 1.4b, Wiiflow Mod and CFG USB Loader mod
Video settings used: Default/480p
Game status: Unplayable, menu only, everything else is invisible, but there is audio.

The difference? The loading method; THIS IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE

The ISO could be corrupt as well, but it does work in Dolphin but with numerous graphics glitches.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
quick question before test:
megaman x collection does support progressive scan??
because when i play with a backup disc does not appear the progressive selector(using a cmios and the ntsc version and pressing B at boot just in case) and my tv displays the game in 480i.
i''m converting the game to dml right now to test the problem and report my findings.

i have waku waku 7(neogeo game) installed and runs in 480i even if i force and patch video to 480p with a loader, i suppose is running in 240p but my tv says 480i.

Nope, no 480p. sorry.

(240p segments of megaman x collection are technically progressive. except the same low-res that playstation 1 used.)

It isn't likely. Cause and effect don't seem to corellate. You've given a description of events that's different than normal.

What you said is: menus appear while FMVs won't.

What usually happens: having menus and FMV appear then no gameplay

The latter scenario is known to happen on Gamecube and PS2 also. Since that's caused by the TV component input failing to recognize 240p, rather than a problem with the game, console, or cable.

I know that, but the fact that I've played this game (the physical disc) on the very TV I'm using right now while using the same cables tells me the TV supports 240p just fine.

If I played it before, using the same cables, same HDTV, same input as when I did when I played it from the disc no more than two months ago, why won't it work now?!!

What that proves is the cables and HDTV are not the problem, no need for further diagnosis of them.

Notice the major difference between those two scenarios I described. DML might be doing something with the game's graphics that it should not.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use one partition for GC which is FAT32 and the other is for Wii which is WBFS? If so may I ask how much space can I use in a 500GB HDD if I break it to two partitions like that? I want something around 100GB for GC as FAT32 while the other 400 (350 actually) for Wii as WBFS, is this possible or should I just stick with FAT32 for all?

Try this method but don't forget to set partitions as "Active"

I would highly recommend against using DOS FDISK on modern systems. FDISK doesn't understand drives larger than 128 GiB (137 GB), and it hasn't been updated since Windows Me. (I'm not even sure if it actually works properly on NT-based Windows, since NTVDM doesn't allow direct hardware access.)

Also, the "active" flag is completely irrelevant with regards to Wii software. It's used by the IBM PC MBR in order to determine which partition contains the operating system. That's it. No Wii loaders that I know of care about the active flag. (The GCOS Multi-ISO software, on the other hand, seems to misuse the El Torito specification by marking multi-game DVDs as bootable on x86. I have no idea why, but it seems to be required; removing the El Torito boot record causes it to not display any games on the disc.)

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
@the_randomizer: ok, i tested megaman x collection and worked perfectly using the lastest dml(1.4b) and cfg mod(r32) with the default settings using my component cable(and assume composite will work also), the iso was converted using discex 0.8b.
looks like your iso is a bad rip.

as a side note the game runs apparently at 480i because dont look that sharp like games from the virtual console(i cant tell exactly because my tv always says 480i)
and if someone want to try if your tv can handle 240p i know a little trick:
1- check that your wii is connected through a component cable.
2- set it to 480i(yes, 480i, not 480p)
3- open a virtual console title of preference(but not a n64 one, theses are always displayed at 480 AFAIK), i recommend sonic the hedgehog 2 because it's easy to notice at leas on my tv.
4- open the home menu and select the operations manual.
5- then connect the nunckuk on the wiimote and press the next keys to swap to 240p(if you are on 480i mode) or 480i(if you are on 240p mode).
Z+A+2 to 480i mode
Z+A+1 to 240p mode
6- you will hear a sound after press the keys(or hear nothing if you pressed the keys to say 480i if you are already on 480i mode).
7- press the home button to close the manual and if you got a black screen then your tv dont support 240p, dont worry, you can always press home again and revert to 480i(AFAIK the home menu always is displayed at 480i for compatibility reasons).

Reactions: 1 person

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there was one other person confirming the same issue with the Collector's edition of Zelda (green screen). Is this an issue for everyone? I ask because the release notes seems to have specifically targeted this game:

1.4 (2012-05-07):

* Fixed a bug which broke loader patching (fixes games that load .dols. Zelda:CE, ...)

This game cannot be played without a boot disc. You must turn off no disc option.

I had a disc in the unit. Installed wiiflow and it's working with that loader, thanks!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@the_randomizer: ok, i tested megaman x collection and worked perfectly using the lastest dml(1.4b) and cfg mod(r32) with the default settings using my component cable(and assume composite will work also), the iso was converted using discex 0.8b.
looks like your iso is a bad rip.

as a side note the game runs apparently at 480i because dont look that sharp like games from the virtual console(i cant tell exactly because my tv always says 480i)
and if someone want to try if your tv can handle 240p i know a little trick:
1- check that your wii is connected through a component cable.
2- set it to 480i(yes, 480i, not 480p)
3- open a virtual console title of preference(but not a n64 one, theses are always displayed at 480 AFAIK), i recommend sonic the hedgehog 2 because it's easy to notice at leas on my tv.
4- open the home menu and select the operations manual.
5- then connect the nunckuk on the wiimote and press the next keys to swap to 240p(if you are on 480i mode) or 480i(if you are on 240p mode).
Z+A+2 to 480i mode
Z+A+1 to 240p mode
6- you will hear a sound after press the keys(or hear nothing if you pressed the keys to say 480i if you are already on 480i mode).
7- press the home button to close the manual and if you got a black screen then your tv dont support 240p, dont worry, you can always press home again and revert to 480i(AFAIK the home menu always is displayed at 480i for compatibility reasons).

Yep, I also formatted the GCM to ISO using DiscEx 0.8 which gave it its own title ID-based folder for the SD card (thank goodness) and since you did the exact steps (and same cables) as me, it's safe to assume that the ISO is a bad rip. I will need to re-rip it once I get the disc from my home this weekend, but if not, I will....never mind. But you get what I'm saying, and as far as testing out 240p, I didn't know that the VC had support for that. I know that Mednafen for the Wii has 240p support as well.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been away from the seen for a while the last version of dml i had on there was r36 i instaqlled 1.4b and the newest version of usbl oader gx 3.0 i had a bunch of games on there that would work fine before but now they wont launch it just freezes at the gc loader. Ive read around on the forum and apprently it will still work if i install dml r59? can anyone provide me with this through inbox private msg please. Im kinda upset because everything was working perfect before i updated dml.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, dont get upset about it. just install DML rev 50 - 59 and youll be back in business. i think im still using r52? and everything works great for me..

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DM/GC Manager
1dmgf.png

2dmgf.png

No comment (where, when,..) ;)
Edited: pics in spoiler

Reactions: 3 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
DM/GC Manager
1dmgf.png

2dmgf.png
I like it anyhow.
Is this a "manager" like Wii Backup Manager for the PC or is it like DML Booter with a GUI for the Wii?
Having the disk artwork incorporated, too, is a nice touch, something even wiiflow lacks.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DM/GC Manager
1dmgf.png

2dmgf.png
I like it anyhow.
Is this a "manager" like Wii Backup Manager for the PC or is it like DML Booter with a GUI for the Wii?
Having the disk artwork incorporated, too, is a nice touch, something even wiiflow lacks.

I like it too :)
I've heard someone is working on this. I think it is a Gamecube/Dios-Mios Backup Manager for the PC.
Just wait, This manager will save me a lot of work.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if DML breaks the region as I have a PAL Wind Waker I wish to dump to play it on my NTSC Wii.

My apologies if this has already been asked, as I can't go through 256 pages to see if it does.

Thank you for this awesome project!

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just wondering if DML breaks the region as I have a PAL Wind Waker I wish to dump to play it on my NTSC Wii.

My apologies if this has already been asked, as I can't go through 256 pages to see if it does.

yup, you can play games of whatever region, but some games can't be forced to ntsc, anyways wind waker have Hz selector so is not a problem, i always played the pal version even on my good old gamecube(i play the pal version because is in spanish), and if you have a modern tv(say flat crt, lcd, plasma or led) you dont need to worry about regions because are multi-system.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

yup, you can play games of whatever region, but some games can't be forced to ntsc, anyways wind waker have Hz selector so is not a problem, i always played the pal version even on my good old gamecube(i play the pal version because is in spanish), and if you have a modern tv(say flat crt, lcd, plasma or led) you dont need to worry about regions because are multi-system.

If you don't mind, could you give me the Game Load settings to get it working? I just tried, and I get the green freezing screen.

Thank you for your time.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
@insidexdeath: what version of dml are you using and what loader??
i have noticed that the default settings in some loaders isn't the same as in cfg(that is my prefered loader because is flexible and easy to understand and you can set options without need to save it).
i with 1.4b can boot it with default settings in cfg loader and like i said before some games cannot be forced to ntsc and wind waker is one of theses, but you can force it to 480p if you have component cables(and looks awesome).

edit: quick findings:
-cfg default settings: boots perfectly in 576i as spected on a pal game, seletor show up.
-loader gx default settings: boots but give a "no signal", the game is going on because after a while the signal returns because the Hz selector of the game takes effect and set the game to 480i.
-wiiflow-mod default settings: green screen.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have noticed that the default settings in some loaders isn't the same as in cfg(that is my prefered loader because is flexible and easy to understand and you can set options without need to save it).
i with 1.4b can boot it with default settings in cfg loader and like i said before some games cannot be forced to ntsc and wind waker is one of theses, but you can force it to 480p if you have component cables(and looks awesome).

-cfg default settings: boots perfectly in 576i as spected on a pal game, seletor show up.
-loader gx default settings: boots but give a "no signal", the game is going on because after a while the signal returns because the Hz selector of the game takes effect and set the game to 480i.

I have version 1.4b

Using the latest USB Loader GX 3.0 that was released recently and as soon as I run Wind Waker I just get that green screen and it stays on it.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

I have version 1.4b

Using the latest USB Loader GX 3.0 that was released recently and as soon as I run Wind Waker I just get that green screen and it stays on it.
set "Video Mode" to "Disc Default" and leave "DML Video Mode" alone, if didn't work set "DML Video Mode" to "DML Auto".
and if you got component cables(the ones with 5 plugs, green, blue and red for video and white and red for audio) set "DML Video Mode" to "Force NTSC 480p".
if all fails, then try the dml booter 1.01 or cfg loader.

edit: nevermind, that doesn't exist in gx 3.0, i was using gx r1166, but you can enable the "GC Force Interlace" if the video mode alone don't work.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
DM/GC Manager
1dmgf.png

2dmgf.png
I like it anyhow.

I always use USB Loader GX and it supports the disk-art too and the original intro animation, really USB Loader GX did everything I want in one package, unlike Wiiflow which is extremely slow and busy with too much unnecessary effects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff