Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have FAR to may Retail GC games for that...but on topic: retail disc work from loaders? So do multigames disc also load?
Since there is so much conflicting info on this, I'll try tonight from our favorite loader (GX) and let you know.

BTW why do youn use a modified version of bootmii? Priiloader can forward dols.
I just did the bootmii mod before bothering to play with Priiloader and like the method so much that I don't feel the need to change it, especially since GX is the only loader I use now, with the advent of banner support.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Use wiigator/wiipower cMIOS and use backup/multi/retail discs in conjunction with Neogamma, but no sd card. ( only for older Wii's )
... or use DML 1.3 and launch your discs from a loader like everybody else.
In fact, I don't even use the System Menu anymore. I use a modified version of bootmii that takes me straight into USB Loader GX. From there I can choose to launch a disc if I want to. Last time I went into the System Menu there were spider webs all over the screen.

Which version of USB Loader GX are you using that's working with retail disks? I have R1156 and while it runs DML fine retail disks don't work with it, Wii disks work fine of course!

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey 'sup guys. Listen, I've become n00b in this new DML. So my doubts are this:
1. Why does the GCLoader just stucks whenever I load my game? The first time i tried it, it worked; the game doesn't load on DML booter.. I already have the game in GCReEx format, any recommendations?
2. CFG Loader is now compatible with this new DML. It still doesn't work for me.
Change a different SD card or load a game disc ..

What does "load a game disc" stands for?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
1. Why does the GCLoader just stucks whenever I load my game? The first time i tried it, it worked; the game doesn't load on DML booter.. I already have the game in GCReEx format, any recommendations?
2. CFG Loader is now compatible with this new DML. It still doesn't work for me.

Put a Wii or GC game disc into your drive before loading a game from SD card through DML v1.3

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Put a Wii or GC game disc into your drive before loading a game from SD card through DML v1.3
Already tried that. Still, it just stays in the GCLoader screen.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Already tried that. Still, it just stays in the GCLoader screen.

It's not the disk, DML 1.3 doesn't detect certain types of SD cards, if you have a SanDisk one it's confirmed to work with it, otherwise it won't get past the GCLoader screen!

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone is interested, I have modified FixELF (PC application) to allow me for inserting diosmioslite.elf file into the file 00000001.app (extracted from diosmioslite wad file). To test it, I created dml v1.3 mod (both for sneek+di and real nand users; I have not tested the real nand version since I use sneek+di). One of additional features of this mod version is the ability to dump the memory (mem1 or 0x80000000 area; and the game is frozen while the process runs) into a file in SD card (this process takes about 2 to 3 minutes typically and then the console shut-down).

You could find all these (source codes, patch file, etc) in the the following link:
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Let me know if you have any feedback after testing them (and any reported testing results are greatly appreciated, especially the real nand version if you are willing to try it).

The usage of mem1 dump is typically for porting cheat codes for those without usbgecko, and for my case to search or learn the signatures or patterns used in the dml patching (like padread hook, viconfig, etc).

Cheers.

Reactions: 2 people

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have FAR to may Retail GC games for that...but on topic: retail disc work from loaders? So do multigames disc also load?
Sorry. I just checked and can confirm what others have stated, that you can't load discs through GX either, with 1.3.
Like you said, if you need launch disc games, you should not upgrade to this version.
I don't have a pressing need to play the games I own through disc, since they work fine from SD.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry. I just checked and can confirm what others have stated, that you can't load discs through GX either, with 1.3.
Like you said, if you need launch disc games, you should not upgrade to this version.
I don't have a pressing need to play the games I own through disc, since they work fine from SD.
So it looks like, if I'm understanding right, the only loaders that have implemented 1.3 retail disk loading support are WiiFlow-mod and CFG?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like, if I'm understanding right, the only loaders that have implemented 1.3 retail disk loading support are WiiFlow-mod and CFG?
Can't speak for those but, what does this support consist of?
In other words, what do the loaders that support retail disc loading do with 1.3 that is different from before?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can't speak for those but, what does this support consist of?
In other words, what do the loaders that support retail disc loading do with 1.3 that is different from before?
In my VAGUE technical perception of how it works, there are now three ways for a loader to load GC disk games:

1. Just run the MIOS like the disk channel does.
2. Run it the way GC Backup Loader does it for a cMIOS to run burned disks (as in the cMIOSes that couldn't run DVD-R's directly from the disk channel)
3. DML 1.3's disk loading method.

With 1.3 only option #3 works since I have tried the other two. Up to r59 it was #1 that was used, I think.

Loaders supported #1 and #2. They have to be updated for #3 to work.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good news everyone crediar has released a video for dios mios usb [yt]jpTOQJ7rJVY[/yt]

mother-of-god.png

I just jizzed my pants a little bit.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the whole idea of this is so one doesn't have to use retail discs, but load the backups of them. If you have to have the disc in question in the Wii, what's the point of DML? On top of that, why are they releasing versions that seem to make it so unstable?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
you'll need one original gc-disc to play some retail gc dml-files you don't need the original gc-disc of the one gc-dml files you play
just one original disc (not allways needed) then play another.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Amazing work from Crediar!

But does it require SNEEK to use Dios-Mios? DiosMiosLite works with real nand,so I hope the same applies for USB DM too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool