XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's definitely not to make room for new versions of DML, the files weren't deleted or anything... besides, I doubt they'd ever reach google code's limit even if they tried :P But it's possible someone just did some innocent "tidying up", who knows.

Anyways, no need to start a witch hunt, I posed the question and now we'll just have to wait and see if I get an answer, so plz don't bug the DML team any further over this. Worst case, I don't hear anything back, I make the change to ModMii to support deprecated versions, then files are deleted or hosted in an entirely different way. If it gets to that point I'll know the motives must be ModMii related and just switch to using FIX94's dropbox.

Either way, I still plan on making crediar modmii.zzl.org's next dev of the week (if giantpune is dev of the week any longer Foez and I will have to change the name to dev of the year, lol)

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old dml versions getting deprecated? Yeah that's totally new - not, all old versions are deprecated and r55 is an old version since r56 is the latest.
Just because crediar didn't put the latest files there doesn't mean it's some anti ModMii conspiracy.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yay, new files are available now! Thx crediar wherever you are :P

sorry for half-jumping to conclusions... I don't think I overreacted or anything, I was just asking about it. But yea, considering what happened last time, can you blame me for thinking an anti-ModMii conspiracy isn't totally out of the question?

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Old dml versions getting deprecated? Yeah that's totally new - not, all old versions are deprecated and r55 is an old version since r56 is the latest.
Just because crediar didn't put the latest files there doesn't mean it's some anti ModMii conspiracy.
Nobody said it was "some anti ModMii conspiracy", but it's not normal for files to get deprecated before a new version is (officially) released. XFlak asked what was going on because the circumstances were strange. Nobody assumed anything, which is why there weren't accusations.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Um... I don't see the problem with this?? When files are "deprecated" they still can be downloaded like any other file on google code. Here you go, and even the retrieve URLs remain the same.

(if giantpune is dev of the week any longer Foez and I will have to change the name to dev of the year, lol)
giantpune is not a "he".

It's a dancing cow! :creep:

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
(if giantpune is dev of the week any longer Foez and I will have to change the name to dev of the year, lol)
giantpune is not a "he".
rule-30.jpg

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi boys and girls, im having a problem where I still cant see play gamecube backups of my SD, could it be because my Wii is a new model, its black. none of the loaders seem to see the gamecube games?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi boys and girls, im having a problem where I still cant see play gamecube backups of my SD, could it be because my Wii is a new model, its black. none of the loaders seem to see the gamecube games?

Use fix94 guide and install a fresh bc v6 & and a dmlrev56 works fine here on my black wii

Reactions: 1 person

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Use fix94 guide and install a fresh bc v6 & and a dmlrev56 works fine here on my black wii

thank you that help, its all done.

but the problem is now, that theirs no gamecube controller support on my wii, so do i need to get a wii classic controller?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
DML used to work like a charm for the past week until yesterday after I tried to run a game off a USB flash drive, now games that used to work 100% take forever to load, and yes I'm running them off an SD card, loading screens take forever, music lags, game freezes, I tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling DML, formatting the SD card, trying two other SD cards, deleting the game iso and recreating it, I even reinstalled NAND with BootMii a couple of times with two older builts and am still getting the same lag, HELP! :cry:

Edit: I tried uninstalling Priiloader then installing it again, now I can't get any GC games to run, black screen!

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just came back to this thread after a week and discovered that no-disk support has been added! Thanks crediar :D
I sent another donation earlier to say thank you.

AlexWong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
DML used to work like a charm for the past week until yesterday after I tried to run a game off a USB flash drive, now games that used to work 100% take forever to load, and yes I'm running them off an SD card, loading screens take forever, music lags, game freezes, I tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling DML, formatting the SD card, trying two other SD cards, deleting the game is and recreating it, I even reinstalled NAND with BootMii a couple of times with two older builts and am still getting the same lag, HELP! :cry:

Edit: I tried uninstalling Priiloader then installing it again, now I can't get any GC games to run, black screen!

Maybe a part of your hardware was broken.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if Panasonic SD Formatter works for you.

The download link is on the left and is also available for Mac users.
That tool does not support cluster size selection so if you try it one, make sure to also try another tool, such as Windows's chkdsk or EaseUS Partition Master, to format the card to FAT32 with 64kB clusters and compare. I did lots of tests with my 32GB card and verified that 64kB clusters made a huge difference, whereas using the different tools did not really matter.
There seems to be a notion floating around that cluster size does not matter any more with recent releases of DML but, in my experience, it makes all the difference. I'm not referring to benchmark tests like DMLST; I've done my testing measuring load times in specific parts of some games. Size does matter in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, what do you think of the page?