Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why should crediar use an alias here when he is using his real nick on any other forum he is registered at (assembler games, wiird, rvlution, gc-forever, ownedcore etc.)? Doesn't make sense to me.
Because many reputable devs do not want to be associated with GBATemp (or GBAFail as it is often known) due to the vast amount of noobs and the large emphasis on "backups" (i.e. piracy) on every console discussed. (Don't try to deny this - it is an unmistakeable fact that every time there is even a chance of a console having homebrew, people are asking about backup loaders. There is even a separate forum for Wii Backup Loaders and the forum has a list of all "scene releases" (i.e. warez uploads) of games for all discussed consoles).

Reactions: 1 person

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why should crediar use an alias here when he is using his real nick on any other forum he is registered at (assembler games, wiird, rvlution, gc-forever, ownedcore etc.)? Doesn't make sense to me.
Because many reputable devs do not want to be associated with GBATemp (or GBAFail as it is often known) due to the vast amount of noobs and the large emphasis on "backups" (i.e. piracy) on every console discussed. (Don't try to deny this - it is an unmistakeable fact that every time there is even a chance of a console having homebrew, people are asking about backup loaders. There is even a separate forum for Wii Backup Loaders and the forum has a list of all "scene releases" (i.e. warez uploads) of games for all discussed consoles).

Doesn't make sense either considering that he publicly implied via his twitter to have pirated (Zelda Demo, playing US games as german citizen, before they have been released in europe etc.) I mean even members of T_T are registered here.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So, no doubt some of you would like our take on Devolution, and what it means to the future of DIOS MIOS. I can't blame you for wondering. The intentions are quite clear to both crediar and I.. shots were certainly fired. It didn't completely take us by surprise either. Truth is, I've been following a snake in the grass for about a month now.

Well to be quite honest with you, it changes absolutely nothing. With your help, DML will continue to improve. We have a myriad of features and enhancements laid out in front of us that are just begging to be worked on. We've recently added a feature that greatly benefits all of you loader users for example, and today crediar fixed a bug in discex so that every game should work compressed. It's always possible we even stumble onto a surprise or two. He might figure out USB loading tomorrow for all we know.

Anyway despite tueidj's intentions, we do wish him the best. We will continue to move forward as well.
Additional thanks go out to the handful of you who donated today. It'd be nice if there were more requests though, so we know what to focus on.

Ok, here is one request. Would it be possible to make NMM be configurable per game (by the loader) rather than controlled by a compile time flag? You could even have it read the default setting from a config file (say /config/diosmios.cfg) if the loader doesn't say which one to use so even those with older loaders could control it at runtime rather than having to compile and install different ones to switch back and forth.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't make sense either considering that he publicly implied via his twitter to have pirated (Zelda Demo, playing US games as german citizen, before they have been released in europe etc.) I mean even members of T_T are registered here.
I didn't say it was a valid reason, just that it was possibly the reason. And he could have imported the US games. Also, crediar has always been able to get his hands on certain things I don't think have ever been publicly released (e.g. pink fish disc [I think he had an original copy of this disc], Dev kit System Menu etc.), so maybe he had a way of getting an actual copy of the demo? (Pure speculation - I'm pretty sure crediar has indeed pirated before, I seem to recall him complaining about some warez site kicking him out for not contributing, when he was trying to pirate GC games to test DML)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but crediar is not godlike.......?
Sometimes I think Crediar has more than one alias here at Gbatemp. I'm also think Sijar's answer is correct because when Wanin was very active in the cios development some time ago he told me he didn't like posting here as he considered this gbafail and if someone wanted to know how was the development going (back then) that person could follow it on his twitter.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Spanky Wanky finally did post on here once d2x was being developed because he wanted to get his name in the light and start working on the project again once davebaol figured out ios reloading. I hate wanky, but luckily he jump started me into the brick repairs.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually he just offered his help to davebaol.
yeah, once davebaol made things happen that wanky said weren't possible. Like davebaol really needed any help anyways. All wanky would have done would have been to find another way to brick wii's. But wanky only came back just to get his name back on the cIOS so he could look cool again.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spanky Wanky finally did post on here once d2x was being developed because he wanted to get his name in the light and start working on the project again once davebaol figured out ios reloading. I hate wanky, but luckily he jump started me into the brick repairs.

Sure Waninkoko did not do anything towards cIOS development after posting in the d2x thread, but does it really mean he only did that to get attention? I think he considered working on the cIOS again, but then saw that Davebaol, Oggzee and i did not need any help. And then his laziness just won. (i'm not saying that he is particularly lazy, i'm just saying that i could understand if it happened this way, because i would do it this way)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, he really just wanted attention. He's an attention whore. You know, no one heard from him after thousands of PS3's got bricked by his CFW, but then all of a sudden he gets word that people are working on the cIOS and he pops out of no where offering to help. He was hoping to get into the spotlight again and have everyone think that he is some awesome hacker.

Remember his live webcast that he did where he wore a mask to conceal his identity and then fumbled and dropped it? Why did he even do a webcast in the first place? There was nothing insightful and no real purpose to doing it. He just wanted more attention.

I honestly hope he comes across a mob of Wii and PS3 owners who got bricks from his careless apps and gets beaten to a pulp.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
IMO this thread is going waaay off topic talking about devolution, and other personal fights. Just shut up and talk about DML, which is the main reason why the thread was made, isn't it?

I'm no one to critic anyone in here, so I'll just shut up any personal opinion I have, and I recommend that everyone should do it.

P.D. Been testing out Pokemon Colosseum over half an hour, no mistakes whatsoever. Loading it via CFG USB Loader MOD r22, under Auto cIOS selection and an 8 GB microSD card, formatted in fat32 64kb cluster size. Awesome!

Reactions: 3 people

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Some actual DML discussion, for a change.
I finally came to realize that you can indeed experience slowdowns with some games, loading from SD cards.
Mine is:
LXR SD32GBSBNA1 Lexar Media 32GB Platinum II 100x Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
The slowdown is not obvious on some of the games, unless you are very familiar with them by playing the original discs.

I posted the following here:
Yeah that's correct, it mostly uses 32k cluster size and no games lag for me since I used this software for formatting, no 64k needed here.
OK. There may be a certain interaction with different cards. I just went though some testing with my Lexar 32GB and can confirm that I experience significant slowdowns when formatting the card with the tool you linked, compared to formatting with either, EaseUS Partition Master or with the Windows XP format command, but setting the cluster size to 64K. I guess each of us should stick with what works him, but the OP should give both a try, just in case.

I did my tests with Eternal Darkness and F-Zero, because those were the first games where I experienced my first slow-downs, even before reading this. In ED, with 64K clusters my only slowdown is while the Nintendo logo is coming up at the beginning. Coincidentally, the logo goes by just fine with 32KB, but then the Silicon Knights logo stutters, which does not happen at all with 64K.
The most dramatic example was F-Zero GX, when clicking on a cup to access the tracks in Practice mode. With the real disc, it takes about 2 seconds to access the tracks in a cup. With 64K, it takes about 2.5-3 seconds, but with 32K, it takes up to 5 seconds and the menu music always stutters. This stutter happens sometimes with the real disc, but with DML and 64K, I haven't had it happen.

No big deal, but just sharing this for information purposes.
Overall, I'm really happy with how DML is working for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: