Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G0dLiKe, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2010
    Something is up with the compatibility list, Its just random numbers & letters (Like source or something).

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Thanks for pointing that out, BIFF, just fixed it. Seems like it was some kind of vandalism or else a spambot gone very wrong.

1 person likes this.
  3. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
    I think the best way for Crediar to work up on those bugs is that people post their DML logs, no point in just posting game X doesn't work for me:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/307341-dios-mios-lite/page__view__findpost__p__4103997

1 person likes this.
  4. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    The way I see it, it's not that the DML devs are going out of their way to exclude ModMii, it's more they're not going out of their way to support it. If ModMii gets a few changes, it should still be able to compile it.

5. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    so basically the DML.elf wont be compiled and added to the googlecode page by the devs anymore, we have to compile it ourselves if we want to try/use DML, no problem for me but IMHO not many users know how to compile from source. To me this just sounds like people are spittin the dummy because ModMii MIGHT be earning more from Linkbucks than DML is earning in donations, so the only way is to stop this is to self compile from source instead of handing DML.elf out on a plate ready to patch.

My 2 cents, enough of that then.......

6. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Wow, I can't believe I had to wake up and catch up on all this drama directed at me.

I intend to make one post on this subject and drop it, I don't want to derail this topic because I still want DML development to continue and thrive.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

8 people like this.
  7. themanuel

themanuel GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Why not just ask XFlak not to provide DML in ModMii?
    Never mind. Bad timing on my post. I can get my answers from XFlak's post above.

8. qwertymodo

qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    *facepalm* iosmodule.elf is perfectly legal to redistribute. Build it and pack it into ModMii like you do with the cIOS modules. It literally takes 10 seconds to build on my crappy laptop. It's that simple.

note: umm... just be sure to include the source, mmkay?

9. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez XFlak Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    DeadlyFoez is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    They kind of did by going out of their way to depreciate the older revs so it broke modmii support.
    So apparently they are willing to go out of their way, again, to have modmii support if XFlak drops linkbucks....

10. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
  11. G0dLiKe
    OP

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Orly? ;)

12. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    I was very happy to see the community (devs. and users) work together with D2X cIOS and new possibilities that came with it like IOS reload blocking.
    Too bad this already seems to be forgotten. The start of DML as open source was promising though..I hope people start working together again.
    Lets keep it positive...and not destroy it on trivial things like this.

2 people like this.
  13. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I'm sure crediar is quite capable of having a gbatemp account that cannot be traced back to him. I've always been under the impression that SanGor is crediar's alias on the 'temp and I know others share my suspicions. If I'm mistaken then I'm mistaken, but I've even asked SanGor in the past if he's crediar, and he replied to my other questions but avoided that one in particular. So consider this a formal statement from me that I do not know 100% that SanGor is crediar, it's just my best guess + speculation.

14. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Edit: Ignore this post.

15. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I did not know about that part when I made my post, I retract what I said. (Except the part about with a few changes, it should still be able to compile - but I think XFlak is probably too nice to do this, out of respect for crediar et al)
    What's being admin got to do with anything? (I'm not commenting on whether SanGor is or is not crediar, I'm just confused as to the relevance of that particular statement).

16. themanuel

themanuel GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I don't think d2x is dead. Davebaol still shows up and comments on the google code issues page every once in a while. I think he is just busy. During the last surge of activity, I brought to his attention the fact that you can play emunand games online using d2x with forwarder ISO's and he agreed to look into it with WiiPower and others, so that it could be made to work without forwarder ISO's. I don't know what become of that, but that was one of the things where I was most enthusiastic to see future progress.

I have my theories on this crediar fellow.
    I think he is one of several possibilities:
    1. A virtuoso computer engineering student abducted by SanGor, strapped to a desk in a basement, fed with intravenous fluids and drugs that keep him constantly awake, and forced to work on DML under the constant threat of electrocution
    2. A self-aware virtual being created by accident by Wii hackers
    3. An alien being that is providing Gamecube SD loading in exchange for body parts for alien research experiments
    4. A whimsical demi-god that has acquired an interest in humans, particularly, video gaming
    5. A disgruntled Nintendo programmer
    6. Chuck Norris
    His absence from the forums just adds to his mystique.
    In all seriousness though, I'm a big fan of this guy, whoever he is, for accomplishing something I wanted to see done on Wii hacking for a long time. Kudos for achieving what surely must take considerable amounts of effort and talent.

Totally unnecessary. Now you are just trying to inflame.

2 people like this.
  17. G0dLiKe
    OP

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Ok, to make this clear once and for all, the way of distribution is not correct in my opinion. DML will not be uploaded in DMLrxx.zip anymore. If XFlak wishes to continue to have DML in ModMii then he is welcome to add a workaround which can make use of DML supported as DML.elf period. And if XFlak decides to not continue with DML in ModMii this is fine with me.

Why are you spamming this thread Joostin? reported.

And btw, I can not be held responsible if XFlak donates his earnings from ModMii to charity, therefor i am not taking from charity.

18. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Lol, plus it's hardly impossible to fake where you live. As of 30 seconds ago, I'm from Albania. :P

Edit: Sorry, wasn't trying to spam the thread. I'll remove the comment about charity.

19. G0dLiKe
    OP

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Sangor is admin here on gbatemp.

20. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    No he's not, I am! Look at my user title!

7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.