Hacking DIOS-MIOS Lite...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That is the exact reason, why GC USB loading doesn't work, that crediar posted at the DM project page a couple of days before he took it down:

QUOTE said:
Why GC USB Loading won't work

The Wii has two main memory regions MEM1(24MB) and MEM2(64MB) the GC had MEM1(24MB) and ARAM(I think 16MB I can't find the value right now).

Now as we know some facts we see that the Wii has no ARAM, but GC needs it to work!

So when switching to GC mode a part of MEM2 is used as ARAM(the infamous twiizer attack was possible due this fact).

So why is this a problem? once it's turned into ARAM it's not accessible from ARM( aka starlet, aka IOS) anymore, why is that bad? well the EHCI(aka USB2.0) device can only access MEM2 so no MEM2 no EHCI and no USB.

MrAimenify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have updated the thread. Check it out if you want.
biggrin.gif

/MrAimenify.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah. Crediar is the man.

I was offered to beta test DML, but I just don't have the time. Seriously, crediar is one of the last people helping keep this scene alive and going forward.

And sorry, I can not tell you the IRC # or password.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
MrAimenify said:
On what IRC is Crediar on? And I like SNEEK's recent revision.
rolleyes.gif

DI:
-Audio streaming is now enabled when a GC disc is loaded
yaywii.gif

/MrAimenify.

Audio streaming is also enabled on NeoGamma, GC Backup Launcher, Swiss, WODE etc, but it just doesn't work due to a hardware issue.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
RemixDeluxe said:
So is there any chance of seeing this being redirected to work through USB once this is developed? SD loading is nice but USB is more convient for holding more storage than your everyday SD and it would be nice to have your entire GC library on a Backup drive.

That was the original idea, but Creidar was never able to solve the ARAM/USB MEM2 conflict (you can search for DIOS-MIOS and compile it yourself if you want to mess with it). Basically, USB support requires MEM2, but MEM2 is also used to simulate the Gamecube's ARAM. Presumably it is possible to access the front SD card without using MEM2 at all.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
nl255 said:
RemixDeluxe said:
So is there any chance of seeing this being redirected to work through USB once this is developed? SD loading is nice but USB is more convient for holding more storage than your everyday SD and it would be nice to have your entire GC library on a Backup drive.

That was the original idea, but Creidar was never able to solve the ARAM/USB MEM2 conflict (you can search for DIOS-MIOS and compile it yourself if you want to mess with it). Basically, USB support requires MEM2, but MEM2 is also used to simulate the Gamecube's ARAM. Presumably it is possible to access the front SD card without using MEM2 at all.

lol

http://gbatemp.net/t301345-dios-mios-lite?...t&p=3781421
http://gbatemp.net/t301345-dios-mios-lite?...t&p=3781768
http://gbatemp.net/t301345-dios-mios-lite?...t&p=3782706

MrAimenify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Hell yeah. Crediar is the man.

I was offered to beta test DML, but I just don't have the time. Seriously, crediar is one of the last people helping keep this scene alive and going forward.
I also want to become a beta tester of the DML. But wanted to see if I was selected or not. If I was not selected, it's okay for me, just fun to try some new things.
closedeyes.gif

DeadlyFoez said:
And sorry, I can not tell you the IRC # or password.
It's cool, man.
smile.gif

QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Jul 26 2011, 01:18 AM)
Audio streaming is also enabled on NeoGamma, GC Backup Launcher, Swiss, WODE etc, but it just doesn't work due to a hardware issue.
It's true. But you never know what Crediar are up to. But if it's the same to DML, it is expected.

/MrAimenify.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MrAimenify said:
rolleyes.gif

DI:
yaywii.gif

/MrAimenify.

This just means that you can play retail GC games with audio streaming when you start them via sneek.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
MrAimenify said:
rolleyes.gif

DI:
yaywii.gif

/MrAimenify.

he´s usually on efnet, you might find the channel for yourself
wink.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well if dml is not in a release-ready state and he doesn't have time anymore for stuff like this, then there is nothing we can do about it. We should appreciate all the work he has done so far and wish him luck and all the best in his future endeavors.

shadow conspirac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one has to leak it, if he quit. I have the origanil mios v0.1 that was leaked still in the zip(rar) with the pass code.(word). havent opened it, so haven't used it. cause of the time bomb issue, an not sure if it's there that the bomb is set, or play logged set(play limit.) but since he has quit, if some other great coder wants to give it a shot, an find the "bomb", an get it to work.. more power to them. (an no this is not a joke, i't the same one from. whats his name, that said screw crediar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: