Hacking DIOS MIOS Lite Question

Ruuroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Sorry if this is a repeat of anything else on here, but I couldn't find any threads that seemed to answer my question so I thought I'd post.

I'm new to hacking and modding in general, so I don't know too much about it. Sorry if this is an easy fix that I just couldn't handle because of my own incompetence in the area!!

My problem is this:

I am using DIOS MIOS (2.10) to run gamecube backups right now. It is working perfectly with a lot of games, but there are a few of my favorites that aren't compatible (specifically, X-Men Legends, awesome game!). (according to this list: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List) From what I can see though, DIOS MIOS Lite runs a lot more games than the original. The thing is, from what I can see, there are two things that are holding me back.
1. You can only run one of those MIOS at a time, and I already have DIOS MIOS installed and am unsure of how to uninstall it (read something about reinstalling another MIOS but haven't researched much further than that)
2. Due to the amount of games I want to have available as backups, an SD card or flash drive are not large enough to suit my size requirements.

So my main question is, is there any way to get DIOS MIOS Lite to read from an external usb hard drive? I've tried looking and haven't found anything, but I didn't want to give up hope! If anyone can offer me any help or advice on this subject it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

If it is necessary information, I am using a Gamecube compatible Wii, Ver. 4.3J. Thanks again!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do not uninstall system files, instead install the new one and it will overwrite the previous file automatically.

DIOS MIOS Lite = Play ISO from SD
DIOS MIOS = Play ISO from USB

They are exactly the same code, doing the same thing with the game.
If DIOS MIOS Lite has better compatibility, it's not because it's "Lite", it's because it's "SD card".

If you find a game with better compatibility with SD card, you don't want to put it on USB.
install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite according to the game you want to play and it's location.

Ruuroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much! So if I just reinstall the appropriate DIOS MIOS wad each time I change which game I want to play it will work? It sounds like a really simple solution, so I'm sorry for bothering you with it!

Edit: So everything that Cyan told me about has worked so far! Thank you very much. But even running on DIOS MIOS Lite, I still can't get either X-Men Legends or X-Men Legends 2 to run. :/ According to the compatibility list from my last post, they work with Lite. When I try to run them though, the screen flashes green and then freezes on black. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Has anyone gotten these games to work on their Wiis? I am using Wiiflow 4.1.3 to run the games, maybe that's part of the problem? Any help would be appreciated! :( Sorry!

Ruuroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So everything that Cyan told me about has worked so far! Thank you very much. But even running on DIOS MIOS Lite, I still can't get either X-Men Legends or X-Men Legends 2 to run. :/ According to the compatibility list from my last post, they work with Lite. When I try to run them though, the screen flashes green and then freezes on black. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Has anyone gotten these games to work on their Wiis? I am using Wiiflow 4.1.3 to run the games, maybe that's part of the problem? Any help would be appreciated! :( Sorry!

I think maybe editing the last post doesn't "bump" the thread, so rather than start a new one, I decided to just do a new post.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the DIOS MIOS Lite compatibility page, they are marked as working but using a very old version (r47 and r58 : it was the revision number before release v1.0)
Maybe compatibility is now different as Crediar changed few things to fix/add support for new games which may have broken old working games.

You can try to install older version of DM or DML.
you have 2.10, so try decreasing 2.9, 2.8, etc. up to 1.2
(versions released before DML1.2 worked differently and used different settings. I don't know if Wiiflow or CFG loader are compatible with older version, but USBLoaderGX is compatible only with version from 1.2 to 2.10

Ruuroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much for all the help you gave me on this! I am still in the process of finding a version to play X-Men Legends.

I seem to have caused a new problem though. :( I just recently got my Wii backups up and running (I hadn't done that yet.) So now all that is taken care of, my wii games run fine from disc or backup and I now use CFG Loader to run them. The new problem is, I can't seem to get GameCube games to run from backup anymore. DIOS MIOS 2.10 is currently installed and I can run a GC disc with no problem, but when I try to run the backups through CFG Loader (I followed this guide to hook it up with GC games in mind) the DIOS MIOS logo shows up but then the screen goes black and the game never comes up. I've also tried DIOS MIOS Booter, same issue occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is causing this to happen? I've tried troubleshooting the problem with this guide, but (assuming I did everything correctly) it didn't solve anything. I'm kind of lost on what I can do to fix it. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer me!!! :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv