Dios Mios issues after case change.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Broduskii, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Broduskii
    OP

Broduskii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2014
    United States
    Hi guys!
    I've been a long time lurker, but I made account to ask for some help.

I hacked my Wii with this guide and it was working awesome! I used the GX loader to boot both my Wii and GC games perfectly. However I recently decided to change my old beat up white case for this one.

It wasn't a very hard or long install and when I finished everything seemed to work. Until I tried launch a GC game. The screen wasn't centered, I made sure that my tv settings were ok and they are set to exactly the same settings as before. I reset the Wii and tried to launch an other GC this time the screen wasn't centered and it wasn't recognizing my GC controller. I uninstalled and re-installed Dios Mios to no avail. All my my Wii games work and the ones that can use the GC controller are recognizing it just fine.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what to do, thank you in advanced

2. C4SD

C4SD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2014
    Netherlands
    Hi Broduskii,

First of all, I am not a "pro" on DIOS MIOS, but I do have some experience with troubleshooting.
    Sounds like it might be a wrong region setting. I had a similar problem myself. NTSC (US/Canada) region GC games run mostly in 30fps, PAL (mainly Europe) ones in 25 fps. My game capture device did not know how to handle 25fps input and the video it sent to my computer was off-center and cropped. This happened in some of my games as well.
    So perhaps changing some settings will work: when you boot a game via USB Loader GX, you can try changing the settings by selecting the game, choosing "Settings", and then "Game load." In the DIOS MIOS section, you can change video mode. I believe you can also change your tv settings in the "Game load" tab there. Just try some settings that fit your region and game best. Also, resetting all USB Loader GX settings might be helpful as well!

Hope this will solve your issue!

3. Broduskii
    OP

Broduskii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2014
    United States
    Hey thanks for the response. I followed your advice and it didn't help. But I found a solution... I bought a used Wii for $40.00

4. Lee Nunya

Lee Nunya Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    I am also having this issue, just after the case was opened, dios mios was moved to the right. Games load, but are unresponsive. I have no idea what could cause this, but if anyone does, please help.

Edit:
    Well, time to disassemble again. I know the only things I disconnected while working was the front panel led, 2032 battery, and disk drive.

5. Lee Nunya

Lee Nunya Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    FIX FOUND!!! I disassembled the wii down to taking the metal shielding off. I disconnnected the battery, and then the ribbon cable between the drive and attempted a boot into priiloader. When repeated, the drive whirred for a longer time than usual. I then checked both ends of the ribbon cable connecting the drive to the board, and upon finding no damage, correctly re-inserted the white end into the connector on the wii, and brown end to the drive. I booted and launched twilight princess via dios mios from USB Loader GX and POOF! the screen was centered and the game was responsive.
    My best guess was there was a connection issue between the ribbon cable. Good luck to anyone else who this happens to. Now to reassemble with teeth chattering.