DIOS MIOS issue (Metroid Prime NTSC-U specifically)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SlickYoshi, Sep 13, 2015.

1. SlickYoshi
    OP

SlickYoshi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    I honestly only created an account specifically to ask this question. I have done a pretty good amount of research, and so far nothing has helped my issue. The issue being, that Metroid Prime no longer works.

I softmodded my Wii using the LetterBomb hack a couple years ago, and everything was working great. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, and suddenly, in the middle of playing Metroid Prime using DIOS MIOS Lite 2.2 (seeing as I've kind of been out of the softmodding game for some time since everything was working great. Why fix what isn't broken, right?) my power goes out. I didn't think anything of it, and when my power came back on, I started playing again. However, this time, the game said my memory card was corrupted, and needed to be formatted. I knew this had to be some kind of mistake, so I reset the console, and no longer got the error. When I selected my save file, the game crashed, and kept making a loud buzzing sound. I shut it off, and booted it back up. I can now select my save file, but after playing the game for 5-10 minutes, or pressing START, I lose all control of Samus, and then the game freezes and fades to a black screen, but the sound will keep playing. This is as far as I've gotten with resolving the issue. I have even tried downloading a new ISO, and updating DM to 2.9 just to see if it would work, much to no avail.

Wii Specs:

Menu 4.1
    cIOS249 v21008

Priiloader Hacks:
    Region Free Everything
    Block Disc Updates
    Remove Diagnostic Disc Check (this was enabled after my problems arose. Didn't seem to help or hurt anything)
    Disable Online Updates
    Move Disc Menu

DIOS MIOS Lite 2.2 settings:

Boot Method: New (DM 2.0-)
    Language: Wii
    Video Mode: Auto
    Booter Drive Reset: Off
    NTSC-J Patch: Yes
    Video Patching: Auto
    Cheats: Off
    Debugger: Off
    Wait for Debugger: Off
    NMM: Off
    NMM Debugger: Off
    Activity LED: Off
    Pad Hook: On
    No Disc: Off
    Widescreen (DM 2.1+): Off
    (Note: I have played around with the Boot Method, NMM, NMM Debugger, Pad Hook, and No Disc settings to try to get it working again, as I changed them so I could play other games such as Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and Zelda: Collector's Edition. [Oddly enough, these all still work fine. Only Metroid Prime was effected, which is what lead me to believe it was a corrupted ISO issue.] None of the others should have changed however, so I don't believe they are the issue. Then again, when the problem first occurred, none of these settings were different, and yet, here we are.)

I'm sure this is in the wrong section, and waste of your time, whoever may be reading this, and I am sure the answer has been staring me in the face the entire time. But if you could help me, I would be endlessly grateful. I remember giving up on this game when I was younger because I thought it was too hard. I am at a 37% completion rate in Tallon Overworld, in the underwater segment on my way to the Phazon Mines. I would LOVE to beat this game sometime in my lifetime. And if there is even the slightest chance that by some awful stroke of luck, somebody is having the same problem I am, I hope that one day, I could return the favor, and help them solve it. And I know there are a lot of smart cookies on this site, as these forums have helped me solve nearly every other problem I've had in Wii softmodding. Thank you SO much in advance.

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Have you tried making a new save file (just backup your old one if you're afraid of losing it) or tried a backup from before the power outage? If you're using a real memory card, have you tried clearing its data and starting fresh? Have you also checked your SD card's partition's integrity? This is off topic, but I'd also recommend checking out Nintendont, as a better alternative to DIOS MIOS.

3. SlickYoshi
    OP

SlickYoshi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Thank you very much for the near instant reply. I'm not sure what it was about DM, but it just wasn't working. Maybe a memory leak or something, who knows. Nintendont appears to be working though, so the "off topic" solution was for the best. Had to format my memory card again, but thankfully, I have data dumpers. I managed to make it past the entire frigate, and on to Tallon IV with no lock ups, audio glitches, or anything of that nature. If I had the authority, I would make you vice chairman of the internet. But I don't, so, please accept my thanks instead.

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Hmm, still curious as to what was the issue in the first place, but if everything is working for you then it probably won't matter. Glad I could help.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Just saying there is no benefic on using Dios Mios over using nintendont if you want preety much 100% compat and alot more options you should switch to nintendont.