Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,589
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha we all know that cancer research is a huge scam.

OT:

Remember all those people that continuously said IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE and made fun of anyone that said anything.

Would this require sneek ?

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hersuri said:
Don't even begin with that comparison, it's utterly ridiculous. Researching disease and illness calls for altruism, developing a luxury of software that allows people to launch "backups" with no copy protection does not. It's also a lot easier to feel confident in donating to an accredited and verified charity or institution achieving real milestones as opposed to Internet Guy and his YouTube videos.
Right and I agree with you, I was just trying to make a point. Although I could've picked a better way of going about it I agree. Just because a concept is unproven is not a reason to not to donate to something whether its altruistic or not. I see this as more of a trust issue myself, if crediar was an unsavory character that showed up out of the blue maybe I'd be raging about the idea too but crediar has a proven track record, I find it funny that people act as if people are blackmailing them 'do it or else' and raging in this thread because of donations being a factor.

If you don't want to donate, don't, I'm not going to donate to this cause but if someone else wants to then that's fine with me, donate and face the consequences of your actions... whatever they may be.

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On a related note, does anyone have a list of all the GameCube games that do not run properly (even with an original retail disc) on the Wii? I know of Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness. Any more?

I own a WODE but was bitterly disappointed (after having bought it and installed it) that it doesn't support DVD drive > DSP audio streaming so I hope this new project sees the light of day, and would gladly donate.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
blazingwolf said:
Uh, last time I checked, I think I beat ED on Wii...?

I'm pretty sure at least...

ED does have problems if using a chip that doesnt support audio streaming

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not supporting audio streaming doesn't mean that audio streaming games don't work, they just won't have audio.

crediar said on his twitter that without a hardware mod (connecting three points on the board) DIOS MIOS won't support audio streaming.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
not supporting audio streaming doesn't mean that audio streaming games don't work, they just won't have audio.

crediar said on his twitter that without a hardware mod (connecting three points on the board) DIOS MIOS won't support audio streaming.
Connecting 3 points on the board really isn't that big of a deal, that is if it works without effecting anything else. Hopefully DIOS MIOS doesn't get dropped after reading this thread.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case we don't get to solder those points, is there a chance that patched or converted games will work?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Actually, that's a good suggestion. AFAIK, even some modchips such as Wiikey, haave problems running streaming audio games. I don't understand how streaming audio works, but can it be converted to a different type of supported audio?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No.
There is no way to do this in software feasibly, and I really, highly doubt there ever will be on a Wii. Maybe if Ninty's next console can run Gamecube games, there might be a method, but otherwise, no.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there's some application called fstfix or something. I don't know if that would do the trick.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
SanGor said:

Connecting 3 points on the board really isn't that big of a deal, that is if it works without effecting anything else. Hopefully DIOS MIOS doesn't get dropped after reading this thread.

Honestly i could care less about streaming audio just like in cmios on disc one of the starfox games has voice but no audio... dont matter to me
the game works atleast thats the whole point.... just like in psx days if u swapped in backups like the 1st ridge racer it wouldn't play audio but
oh well atleast i could play it a cdda game without audio big deal....

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mid123 said:
What gamecube games have audio streaming?is there alot?

http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/Audio_Fix
1080 Avalanche

Ace Golf (PAL)

Alien Hominid

Aquaman

Bomberman Generation

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Dragon's Lair 3D (PAL)

Eternal Darkness

Fantastic Four

Future Tactics

Geist

Ikaruga

Judge Dredd vs. Death

Legend of Zelda: Collectors Disk (in menu)

Lotus Challenge

Mario Baseball (JPN) (assuming the US/PAL versions will be the same)

Namco Museum

Naruto Games, the

Pikmin 2

Pool paradise

Resident Evil 1

Smugglers Run: Warzones

Star Fox Adventures

Star wars clone wars

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Street Racing Sysdicate

Sum of all Fears, The

Super Monkey Ball

Super Monkey Ball 2

Swingers Golf (USA)

Tak and the Power of Juju

The Sum of all Fears

Tony hawk 3

Universal Studios Theme Park

Wai Wai Golf (JPN)

Waverace Bluestorm

Worms blast

Wreckless : Mission Yakuzas

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mid123 said:
thanks for the list.Damn there are some great games there,oh well I guess I cant complain.

If a game has audio streaming, it doesn't mean, it doesn't work. There's just some missing audio, like the voice on the Eternal Darkness intro. (which is why i think crediar does his audio streaming tests on that one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo