Hacking DIOS/MIOS CFG loads to black screen, please help!

Does anyone else have this issue?

• Total voters

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play backup gamecube games on my Wii. I followed a video step by step. I cleanrip'd a retail GC disk of SSBM to a Fat32 external HDD, loaded it to Diskex on computer, then through GCMUtility. Put game.iso in games folder on hard drive.

Next I loaded up the necessary files on SD card. Pimp My Wii, CFG Loader, and DIOS MIOS.wad(and rev files v.10 and v.6) I went through the whole PimpMyWii process and installed/updated all necessary things.

Once that finished, I exited PimpMyWii and went to CFG loader, I changed the boot to Fat32 in settings then saved. I went back and saw the Super Smash Bros. Melee game(and all others I had on my drive) present and accounted for. I click start on any game and it loads up to a black screen. It doesnt shut the wii off, it doesnt reset, it just sits there all day on a black screen. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!!

This is the tutorial video I watched ---- (youtube)watch?v=IUkzYTAiC9Q

So I also found that you need the Fat32 HD to be 32kb clusters, I got a program called Ease Partition Manager and made the partition Primary 32kb clusters and it still loads to a black screen. So I really have no idea what I am doing wrong.

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A wild guess: One thing that might be causing it is that the HD is a 2TB My book, and it is split into three parts, 1) 500 GB for wii games... format: wbfs 2) 1.475GB NTFS(movies + such) 3) 25GB for GC games. And they are all set as primary. Could this be the issue? As well, when I try setting it to 32kb clusters and then go back to confirm it(on Ease PM), the cluster setting is at 16KB, so I don't know/think it's actually changing it even after I hit apply and it says it does. So is there any way to check or does it really even need to be 32kb clusters?! I may need to just get a 32GB flash drive or something

A little more info. Dios/Mios v 2.10 2GB standard SD card

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been reading. And another thing that could be causing it??? in the GC hard drive. It goes: games/GALE01(for example)/game.iso, but I also have a folder in there called sys which contains like loaders and stuff. I will attach what all it has on it. I have all those files in the GALE01 folder
Screenshot (3).png

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, while I'm going through Pimp My Wii, I just noticed, it says that I dont have a cMIOS that is needed to play GC games, what cMIOS do I need, I have the ciosInstaller, but I dont want to install the wrong thing and mess things up

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Alright, so this thread will most likely just be in my journey of discovering how to get this to work/as well as what all I did wrong. I don't think that my drive is set as the FIRST DRIVE, also I have read that EASEUSPARTITION MASTER can trick you into making you think it changed your drive to 32kb clusters, so I am going to make sure that my drive(which I believe is compatible)'s partition for my GC games is set first, active, and 32kb with one of these tools Acronis Disk Director (trial), MiniTool. I found this tutorial which looks like it will be extremely helpful.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended...v2-10-play-gamecube-backups-your-usb-hdd.html

And if I still can't get it to work I might try getting a different Hard drive/flash drive. I will get one that works for other people.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-the-model-of-hdds-youve-used-with-dios-mios.344522/

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:Western Digital
-Western Digital

Name of HDD: Western Digital My Book Essential
Model: WDBACW0020HBK-NESN
Size Of Drive: 2TB's
Usb Support: 3.0 + 2.0*
Working With:WII Games
Not Working: GC Games (Black Screen)
What Version DM:2.5, 2.9, 2.10
Loaders:Usb Loader Gx r1213, Usb Loader Gx r1215, Usb Loader Gx r1204
Additional Info: Issue appears to be that HDD briefly reboots while attempting to boot up Dios Mios.

Model:WDBACW0020HBK-00
Size:2TB's
Usb Support:2.0/3.0
Working With: Wii Games
Not Working:GC GAmes
What Version Of DM:2.0
Loader:Usb Loader Gx r1193 Mod 2

Size: 2TB
Brand: Wd
Model: My passport
P/N WDBY8L0020BBK-01
S/N WX31EA1ER545
Enclosure: n/a
Format: FAT32
Firmware/Softmod: Hombrew 1.1 4.3U then downgraded to 4.1U, Dios Mios v2.2
Loader: usb loader gx 3.0 r1200
Working/Not Working: Gc and Wii games both work

Name of HDD:My Book Essential
Model:WDBACW0020HBK-NESN
P/N:WDBACW0020HBK-01
S/N:WMAZA8015601
Size Of Drive:2TB
USB Support:3.0+2.0
Working With:GC/WII Games
What Version DM:2.5
Loaders:USB Loader GX R1204, Wiiflow v4.0.4, CFG Loader r49

On that tutorial I found this compatibility list, I am not by my hard drive atm, but I will update when I find out the model number, because this could have been my issue

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Model:WDBACW0020HBK-00
Size:2TB's
Usb Support:2.0/3.0
Working With: Wii Games
Not Working:GC GAmes
What Version Of DM:2.0
Loader:Usb Loader Gx r1193 Mod 2

Ok, so I have this hard drive, so does that mean I can't play gamecube games on it? And if that is the case, what is a suggested flash drive that I can get that will be able to work with DIOS/MIOS?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of pimpmywii you should probably be using modmii.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
Not saying this will fix your problem, just a bit of general advice.

I can't get DIOSMIOS to work with my HDD either, so I just use Devolution. Granted if you don't have original discs handy that's not an option. DM works okay with a 2GB thumbdrive I have though, so you might want to try something like just to make sure the issue is your HDD.

mmilhoan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of pimpmywii you should probably be using modmii.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
Not saying this will fix your problem, just a bit of general advice.

I can't get DIOSMIOS to work with my HDD either, so I just use Devolution. Granted if you don't have original discs handy that's not an option. DM works okay with a 2GB thumbdrive I have though, so you might want to try something like just to make sure the issue is your HDD.

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get DIOS/MIOS Lite to work, so I think I'm just gonna stick with that, but with my 2GB Class 2 SD card the game runs very slow, but as I have read you can put up to 32GB Class 10 SDHC cards in the front slot of the WII and it will work, is that true??

Cause all I remember is seeing everywhere that you can only put up to a 2GB standard in the WII

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Gift
  • Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later:
    TheZander
    @ TheZander: were you even joking about the ds? also a stolen ds is a huge tragedy. I'm beginningto wonder where your priorities lie
    Gift
    not a joke it was stolen and yes streetpass was turned on but i don't have a mac id or any clue of who did it. is there any hope of getting it back ive invested over $1,000 in it
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    This mac n cheese is bad
    +1
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    how tf do you invest over a grand in a DS?

Signed, someone who has invested over $700 in a mechanical keyboard
    +1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    ive broken 4 digits
    Gift
    (ok, not me technically, since i myself didnt spend the money,my parents did, but still)
    Gift
    also on a related note, i should start treating my keyboard better, my friend saw my keyboard while visiting my house and he said "holy shit why is it this dirty do you like shove it up your ass right after you clean it or something"
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Lol you'd imagine anyone that can put 1k towards a ds would have fuck it money and just buy it again
    Gift
    (and for those of you wondering, no i dont shove it up my ass i just eat while gaming)
    Gift
    I swear some of these new users are duplicate accounts just to troll the shitbox lol
    Gift
    i mean, let's not pretend we contribute great stuff here normally
    Gift
    So you admit to having duplicate accounts? Sickly you know the offense for that :0
    +1
    Gift
    although it does have it's moments, where else would i have to specify i dont shove keyboards up my ass
    Gift
    Fun fact I didn't really realize the big pack in little Debbie's meant big snacks I thought they were double layred so I got home and was amazed and felt sick after finishing a big Christmas tree
    +1
    Gift
    oh shit it's almost christmas, i need to make a christmas pfp like last year
    Gift
    Why yes it usually happens every December unless you're Jewish
    Gift
    im muslim, what does that mean for me
    Gift
    You get screwed
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think you get 72 virgins or something lol
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sounds like a sexual nightmare to me but ymmv lol
    Gift
    That's life after death psi at least give him something to look forward to after 18
    Gift
    KennieDaMeanie
    @ KennieDaMeanie: Lol you'd imagine anyone that can put 1k towards a ds would have fuck it money and just buy it again
    Gift
    it was small investments over the course of a year and a half
    Gift
    Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later: it was small investments over the course of a year and a half