dios mios can it be installed on vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by moc, Feb 23, 2013.

Feb 23, 2013
  1. moc
    OP

Newcomer moc Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    can dios mios wad be installed on the vwii to enable the playing of gamecube games through usbloader gx,
    i had this installed on my old wii and was wondering if anyone had installed this on vwii. Thanks

2. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    And where exactly are you going to plug in your Gamecube controllers

nukeboy95 likes this.
  3. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Not having GameCube ports is obvious.....

BUT....

This is a very interesting question, can it be installed and load a game (you couldn't play obviously)
    I'm not familiar with nand of a vWii in the WiiU and if it has BC/mIOS etc, and if they can be installed/edited

4. moc
    OP

Newcomer moc Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I totally forgot about he different controller due to using a wavebird wireless controller on the wii which uses a wireless receiver which had been left in the wii for 3 years totally forgot about that, thanks

5. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    No, written specifically for the wii's hardware, will not work on the wii u

Hyperstar96 and n1ckn4m3 like this.
  6. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    he was talking about vWii, not Wii U...

edit: yeah... i was thinking about devolution... derp. that one might work... i believe.

7. n1ckn4m3

Newcomer n1ckn4m3 Member

United States
    That's an odd thing to say considering there has not been any announcements relating to homebrew running directly on the WiiU. It was assumed he meant in vWii mode and the answer given was relating to vWii mode. Regardless, the answer is the same. Dios Mios does not work on the WiiU, either through vWii mode or through WiiU mode.

Hero-Link likes this.
  8. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    Never mind what i said!

I was thinking about Devolution! stupid me... i'll fix the corresponding post.

Thanks for alerting me ;)

9. Deltaechoe

United States
    From what I hear devolution is being developed to run on the Wii U (IN VWII MODE) but until that version is released by the dev, you cannot get devolution on the Wii U (IN VWII MODE) for the same reason I posted above

n1ckn4m3 likes this.
  10. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    to code it for the WiiU, they would have to either find a workaround for the drive (tried to use cleanrip to rip a disk to HDD and it just spits it back out) or get rid of the DRM they implimented

11. Enigma Hall

Member Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    The last thing i see is the devolution working with a usb keyboard to play the games. It is not working on vwii?

12. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that Devolution would be able to at least load a game on a Wii U right now, assuming that you had some way to bypass/crack the anti-piracy protection on it. This video seems to suggest that, anyway. However, you wouldn't be able to progress any further in the game since there isn't support for the Wii Remote in any version of Devolution currently available to the public.

DIOS MIOS is a completely different program (runs in GameCube mode, whereas Devolution runs in Wii mode). Because of that, I doubt that DIOS MIOS will ever work on the Wii U.

13. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how exactly is Dios Mios running in game cube while using SD/USB support when the gamecube had no SD/USB access to load the games from, it's running in Wii Mode but without the patches for controllers and such

14. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    According to tueidj...

Plus, I think that this post by SifJar explains it far better than I could...

Basically...

DIOS MIOS = uses a MIOS hack (GameCube mode)
    Devolution = uses IOS58 and HW_AHBPROT access (Wii mode)

15. Deltaechoe

United States
    Devolution still depends on gamecube mode being present and working due to the fact that the Wii just doesn't have the power to emulate the gamecube (3rd party emulators, for reasons that I don't care to get into)

16. xsp

Newcomer xsp r30y162part2

United States
    It's not emulation. It's binary compatibility. Neither of these programs emulate the Gamecube. The Wii is a Gamecube, albeit a faster one. Dios Mios is a program that, simply put, translates Disc to Disk calls. It tricks the Wii into thinking that we're loading a GC disc. Devolution uses Wii IOS to run the games and limits the CPU and memory. Even then, a lot of games have issues and patches are applied to make them run correctly. Devolution will run on any Wii that has the homebrew channel. No other modifcations are needed. This is why it should run on the Wii U without much trouble. It's important to note that the extra memory and CPU cycles that aren't used running Wii games is what allows Devolution to access USB or SD drives, anti-piracy measures, etc... There is no emulation taking place. It's very similar to compatibility mode with older versions of Windows. Dios Mios needs GC mode because it is a hack of it. Devolution does not.

g4jek8j54 and Warlord698 like this.
  17. retrosexueal

Newcomer retrosexueal Newbie

United States
  18. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    With those AP measures...yep, good luck telling people they have to verify the legit copies of said games on the Wii U disc drive. Either AP will have to be rewritten or removed, there's no way for Wii U systems to read gamecube discs, so yeah.

Warlord698 likes this.
  19. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    "GameCube Mode" on the Wii is just the Wii running software that changes how the Wii hardware works.

You could install BC, mIos etc and have a working "GameCube Mode" on a vWii without controllers ports of mem card slots so in theory with some changes either can run on vWii on the WiiU.

20. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    With no Boot1/2, that wont work as BC mode invokes them (i forgot if its both or just one of the two), which
    means vWii wont be able to soft "reboot" into Gamecube mode.
    even if you did manage to hack together something, the disk drive wont read gc disks and with no controller ports, you have no way to even interact with GC games/homebrew if you were able even run anything at all.