dios mios and usb loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by luke9511, Dec 4, 2012.

Dec 4, 2012

dios mios and usb loaders by luke9511 at 10:19 PM (520 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. luke9511
    OP

Member luke9511 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok so heres the problem im having its kinda odd, if i go into usb loader gx and try to start a gamecube game sometimes i will get a black screen, well then i restart my wii and go into cfg usbloader and try the same game and it works, so i figure maybe its just an issue with gx, so i stop and come back later and try to load a game from cfg usbloader and get a black screen, so i try gx again and it works, i have no idea whats going on or how to fix it, also when i play any resident evil games or atleast the ones i can get to install my usb hdd they freeze after a while so any help with these issues wouold be great!

EDIT: ok i just did a test using a 8gig thumb drive and i put some of the gamecube games thats been giving me issues on it and so far its been working great im still testing so i will let you all know but would like to hear anyone elses advice on the issues at hand

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    The blackscreen or Wii shutting down is a (random) problem caused by DM itself. changing the loader was just a coincidence. You could have tried the same loader and it would have worked.

Having freeze in game could be caused by your HDD sleep time, though v2.6 made a watchdog to call the HDD every 25 seconds to prevent the drive going to sleep.
    but it could still be a problem with the cache of the drive, if DM request multiple time the same sector to keep it awake it will use the cache and the drive don't need to spin, letting it go to sleep.

Using the flashdrive fix it, as there's no spinning motor, no sleep timer.

To fix that, check if your HDD brand has an utility to disable the timer. (Seagate and Western Digital often provide it with the drive, pre-loaded on the partition).

3. luke9511
    OP

Member luke9511 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if it was on the partition wouldnt it be gone since i have formatted the drive a few times? i guess i can google and see if there is a way

http://web.archive.org/web/20110607...toid=a8d3b5b59b7d5110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD for anyone wanting to disable their seagate sleep timer

sorry for so many replies but heres a new issue when i run RE4 GC with dios mios there are no enemies on screen at all and after a bit the game freezes and i have to turn the wii off. cheats are not enabled so i know its not that