Hacking Dios Mios 2.10 Full - Retail Discs Buggy

Mark Journigan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started experimenting with loading games on the Wii via USB Loader GX. I was successful with Wii games, so I wanted to try Gamecube games. I tried a few revisions of Dios Mios Full to run games off a USB flash drive. I used DiscEx to format the ISO's and place them on the drive. Now I can run Gamecube games off a flash drive. Woo-hoo! It's a little slow it loading times but that can be solved with using a faster SD. I also have to use WiiFlow now because USB Loader GX requests to install the game onto my SD. However now I have issues with running retail discs. I can get into the game (I have only tried this with one: Twilight Princess) and walk around, but when I enter another location that requires the minimalist effort of loading, it just sits there in the transition. Music is playing, but the screen is still. I'm done some googling and haven't found anyone who has replicated my problem. I ran syscheck and that ran for a while until it rebooted into BootMii which I have never interacted with before. I also cannot control the console with Wii or Gamecube controllers at this point. Looking at the log on the root of the SD, it did not finish (file attached). I had the thought of just starting over by whiping everything and trying again, but I'm not sure how to do that. Anyone have any ideas. In the mean time, I think I will install Miosv10.

Attachments

• log.txt
    239 bytes · Views: 236

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, this issue is well known. You can actually use a special wiiflow feature to work around that. You can put the default MIOS into the wiiflow/mios folder, then call it "mios.wad". Now every time in wiiflow you use the disc button in the down right, wiiflow will automatically install the default MIOS and start the game using that. If you then want DIOS-MIOS back, copy the DIOS-MIOS in that folder as well and call it "dm.wad". Then every time you start a GC game from usb it'll install that. You can also copy in DIOS-MIOS Lite for sd and call it "dml.wad", then wiiflow installs that if you want gamecube from sd.

Mark Journigan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a really convenient way to play games. So, how should I go about my WAD's then? I have the original Miosv10 and DiosMios 2.10. Should I uninstall so neither one is on the system and then use the method described above? I thought WiiFlow couldn't see Gamecube games w/o Dios Mios installed.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you dont need to uninstall the wads or so. Also you are correct, when using the mios folder method you need to enable the option "always_show_button" in your wiiflow.ini as well, otherwise wiiflow gets confused and may doesnt allow you to enter gc view.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb