Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking around Dingoonity, when I found this post made by ValdikSS:

QUOTE said:
Hello!
That's not a release, lol, that's just a script which powers off LCD and set cpu speed to 250mhz(is it safe to set 200mhz? My old pocket pc worked about a half a year at 100mhz where the default frequency is 201mhz and it begins to whistle)
I did it because I want to charge my dingoo from the PC and I don't want LCD to be powered on.

lcdoff.dge. Put it and the cpu executable(http://www.mediafire.com/?nnklm315y2y) to local/gmenu2x/scripts on your minisd.
Code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "0" > /proc/jz/lcd_backlight
/boot/local/gmenu2x/scripts/cpu 250
read -sn1
echo `cat gmenu2x.conf | grep backlight | cut -b 11-13` > /proc/jz/lcd_backlight
/boot/local/gmenu2x/scripts/cpu 336
To power on LCD again press any button on dingoo.

Well, that was all well and good, but then he also said this:

QUOTE said:
You can make the script shorter:
Code:
CODE#!/bin/sh
echo "0" > /proc/jz/lcd_backlight
read -sn1
echo `cat gmenu2x.conf | grep backlight | cut -b 11-13` > /proc/jz/lcd_backlight
and use gmenu's cpu scaling.

However, I had problems in Windows getting Dingux to launch the script. Turns out you must have the file in a UNIX format or it won't work. Mine was in a Windows format. After fiddling around with it, I got it to work, and I decided to put it up on Filetrip for others to download so they don't have to go through that. Installation is simple, unzip and put the script in /local/gmenu2x/scripts or wherever you want, and then set up a launcher to launch the script. For added effect, set the launcher to underclock the CPU to 250MHz or so.

Anyways, credit goes to ValdikSS for making the script, and to me for uploading the script.

You can download it here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte