GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
GreatCrippler said:
I am sure I read this review pretty much word for word on another site a week ago. *starts looking for source*

EDIT: AcK! must be mistaken... Cannot find the review I had thought of. Oh well... No full speed SNES, I don't care.

i hope by that you mean someone stole my dingoo a320 review and posted it as their own. and if so i will require the link to take legal action against them.

@tk_saturn: it was much easier than the dingoo a320 review. i basically used that review for structure and rewrote some impressions and the contents information. since they use the same hardware i left most of the rest of the review alone, except for a few edits and some new file hosting. all in all it took me about 5 full 8hr days to do the a330 review. the a320 review took me about 14 full 8 hr days.

-another world

Could be doc... regardless, couldn't find it again, so I could just be sleep deprived. If I stumble across it again, I will PM you the link. All things said though, very impressive review. I still just wish someone could handle a full speed portable SNES.
frown.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
GreatCrippler said:
I still just wish someone could handle a full speed portable SNES.
frown.gif

Can't the PSP do that? It's got more than enough guts to emulate much stronger consoles, so it must be able to. I know the iPhone has a pretty impressive SNES emulator, too, but I don't think anyone should bother with it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
GreatCrippler said:
I still just wish someone could handle a full speed portable SNES.
frown.gif

Can't the PSP do that? It's got more than enough guts to emulate much stronger consoles, so it must be able to. I know the iPhone has a pretty impressive SNES emulator, too, but I don't think anyone should bother with it.
The PSP could run SNES at full speed. Its just making a perfect homebrew emulator for doing so..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Ad_Enuff said:
The ironic thing like all Chinese technology is that this A330 is not made by Dingoo but is a rip off clone with all the logos etc all over it. Dingoo are going after them legally to stop this product.

Dingoo only makes the A320. So be warned!

i would appreciate it if you did not state things you simply read on another forum, things which are not factual and have been put in the “rumor” category of other sites.

dingoo digital was the 1st company. a few people had a falling out over internal issues, from what i understand. dingoo technologies is the team that wanted to keep building the product. they moved off and started to make the dingooa 320 "HK" build. they changed a few things on the hardware level to make it a "new" revision, dropped the old logo, old software, etc. they did that because the guy who stayed back at dingoo digital owns the rights to those things. since they split that guy has done nothing but post lies all over the net saying dingoo technologies is selling clones. he says that the a320 "HK" will blow up if you charge it. he said the a320 "HK" had so many issues because it was a clone, when actually its a hardware revision to the cpu and memory address which were not addressed by updated versions of the software.

i am in contact with many resellers who buy directly from dingoo technologies. i know for a fact what happened and that the dingoo a320 currently produced version by dingoo technologies is not a fake or a clone, it is just a small hardware revision to help avoid the copyright of the original design. the a330 came after the dingoo digital team challenged them to produce their own hardware design. as we can all see their first attempt pretty much failed, they only added a few extras and those two things are not worth the extra $30. they have registered the names for other systems, hopefully their next system will be properly researched and constructed to perform as expected.

Atashi said:
Another World, your reviews are the best. Very well written, well researched, you put the other folks to shame.
smile.gif

Re. the wireless controller, what exactly does this '6 axis' stuff mean? I've read that mentioned a few places, and of course it's part of Dingoo Tech's ad copy, but what is it supposed to do?

Atashi, my first experience with 6-axis was with the sony ps3. 6-axis is the ability to move the controller up, down, left, right, forward, and backwards (6 movement points). so the controller becomes a motion controller. in some games you physically move the controller "up" to jump, and in other games left-right are used for balance, etc. the dingoo controller box says it has this ability, but i haven't seen anything about software. maybe you can tell me more the next time you trace down some hardware controller chips =).

QUOTE(hankchill @ May 31 2010, 06:10 AM)
Just out of curiosity... with so many cons, why did it get the 'Bronze GBAtemp Award'? If it's essentially the same thing as the A320 with worse buttons and shell, why give it any award at all? Essentially based on the review, people should just avoid this product.

the a330 is the a320 with a poor interface, but more ram and a wireless controller option. for users who wanted this system over the a320 the cons will let them know the problems it had. but for users who are into dingux, this system has some advantages over the a320. also the game controller is a great addition, its well made, and it works really well. i considered the two a package deal because one does not work without the other and the controller can not be used for anything except with the dingoo a330. based on that i gave it bronze. when it comes down to it, the interface buttons are crap but this thing is still a dingoo a320 internally. it supports 10,000+ games, movies, e-books, music, etc. that alone is worth a bronze award in my opinion. in my eyes a bronze is something that works but isn't worth owning yet for one reason or another. silver is something that works but has a few serious issues. gold is for something that works very well and the few minor issues can be negated by other updates, 3rd party software, etc. we really should have a platinum award, but i haven't reviewed anything that deserves it. when i do i'll be sure to make that award up, just as i made up the silver+ award.

-another world

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
Atashi, my first experience with 6-axis was with the sony ps3. 6-axis is the ability to move the controller up, down, left, right, forward, and backwards (6 movement points). so the controller becomes a motion controller. in some games you physically move the controller "up" to jump, and in other games left-right are used for balance, etc. the dingoo controller box says it has this ability, but i haven't seen anything about software. maybe you can tell me more the next time you trace down some hardware controller chips =).
Ah ok, thank you! That makes sense. Well the good news is that the controller does appear to have an accelerometer in it, the part is ATMLH012 which I believe to be an Atmel part. It's connected to the controller's Elan Tech cpu via SPI bus, which is the same bus that the CPU uses to communicate with the wireless transceiver board. The bad news is that if there's no way to activate it now, there probably won't ever be a way to use it; the CPU in the wireless controller is OTP / flashed at the factory and I can see no way to update it 'in the field'.

Perhaps there's some secret key sequence to activate it, like hold some buttons down when turning it on, or something like that...

p.s. The controller does feel fairly sturdy but there's some very sorry soldering inside.
frown.gif

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Ad_Enuff said:
The ironic thing like all Chinese technology is that this A330 is not made by Dingoo but is a rip off clone with all the logos etc all over it. Dingoo are going after them legally to stop this product.

Dingoo only makes the A320. So be warned!

i would appreciate it if you did not state things you simply read on another forum, things which are not factual and have been put in the “rumor” category of other sites.

Sorry Another World to break your bubble but your wrong!

see this link on the Official Dingoo Website here Dingoo

They say quite clearly

NOTICE

We are genuine Dingoo A320 manufacturer with DINGOO trademark and DINGOO 3D games copyright. WWW.DINGOO.CN and WWWW.DINGOO888.CN are our official website.

Currently marketed product DINGOO A330 is the fraudulent use of our trademark, we have not launched our A330 product yet. We will take legal action against it.

Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Co., Ltd
2010-05-05

IF indeed it is a new product they need to change the name, box, trade marks etc and release under a new name. It's very misleading to consumers and if they have performed these tweaks and software updates, where is the website?

Until they remove such branding, it can only be classed as a clone be it upgraded or not.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Ad_Enuff said:
Sorry Another World to break your bubble but your wrong!

you have no idea what you are talking about. you are basing all of your information on this subject on 1 web site posting. please do not call me out until you can show me actual logs of conversations with resellers and the dingoo technologies team. what i said is factual and the truth behind this conspiracy. shenzhen dingoo digital only holds the copyrights to the software, the paw print logo, and the web site design and dns. the dingoo itself is manufactured by a 3rd party, located in the same building. dingoo technology IS the new dingoo company made up of the team that split. the a330 IS the new dingoo designed to get away from this conspiracy and rumor frenzy which all of the users of the net post as actual fact. shenzhen dingoo digital is not producing a single unit at this point. you can not order anything from them. they have not produced anything since the "HK" revision hit the market over 8 months ago. they are a dead company made up of 2-3 team members who stayed behind for reasons that are their own, reasons i will not discuss here.

QUOTE(Ad_Enuff @ Jun 1 2010, 05:48 AM) IF indeed it is a new product they need to change the name, box, trade marks etc and release under a new name. It's very misleading to consumers and if they have performed these tweaks and software updates, where is the website?

Until they remove such branding, it can only be classed as a clone be it upgraded or not.

the official website of dingoo technologies is http://dingoo.hk/en_main.asp

please check the included images from the review and you will see the new logo.

12_a330_unit_back.jpg

based on your way of thinking the SCDS2 is a clone of the iplayer, but the M3 (same hardware as the R4) is not a clone because they have their own logo and web site?

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw