Emulation Homebrew Digital save file not showing up

akzontop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there so I tried getting my digital save file from my 3ds and putting it on an emulator using this tutorial (glazedbelmont.github.io/vcextract/#section-i-dumping) but the emulator was showing it as a new game. So I made the file into a cia and installed it through fbi however the save file still doesnt show up. Any guidance on this please?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
What game? some games use ext save, like monster hunter generations and xx, I guess stories is the same, mario kart, fantasy life, you must use checkpoint or jksv for backup saves, monster hunter 4 ultimate uses a normal save, but use the ext save for dlc, I know this because my game has a save in catridge

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract the save with Checkpoint or JKSV as mentioned, otherwise the save will be encrypted, and that might be an issue for the emulator..

akzontop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What game? some games use ext save, like monster hunter generations and xx, I guess stories is the same, mario kart, fantasy life, you must use checkpoint or jksv for backup saves, monster hunter 4 ultimate uses a normal save, but use the ext save for dlc, I know this because my game has a save in catridge
it was pokemon emerald. I managed to fix it. appreciate the help though !

Reactions: Doux91

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: