Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How exactly is it "+ Pokemon" when you each digimon still has unique digivolutions, plus you had to train the stats and the battles were mostly to add "boss" features cause it is meant to be a MMORPG. Plus you're forgetting 1 very important thing IT HAD GOOD MUSIC (not to mention the card system which was fun at times) Plus if I recall Re: Digitize is also kids getting sucked into a game :P
Are you kidding me...? I'm not saying that DW3 is bad (Submarimon theme <3), but face some facts:

- Players choosing starter team of monsters;
- They're in a journey to be the very best;
- Collect all the badges to enter in the tournament;
- Gotta digivolve them all;
- Defeat the champion Lance and see the credits;

The card system just sucks if comparing with the original Digital Card Battle
whose PSOne version takes place in the same universe of the Digimon World, with the Analog Man, same main character as avatar and stuff...

I repeat, Digimon World, Re: Digitize, and Decode are the most faithful games I saw until now. DW2 is about dungeons, DW3 is pokémon-based and DW4... Some kind of hack 'n slash. D:

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always appreciated that Digimon has tried to reinvent itself. Pokemon found on thing that made them all the money forever, but I don't even buy them anymore because they're still the same game they were in 1995. Digimon's experiments didn't always work, see 2 and 4, but at least they were trying.

I think if you're going to compare DW3 to something, I think it's most similar to, say, FF1. You have a team of Digimon with what are basically classes, the combat is pure old style Final Fantasy, evolutions are equivalent to the advanced class thing Bahamut let's you do. But the fact that we can't agree on what other games it's most similar to convinces me that it did a pretty good job of being it's own thing. If only the writing had been better.

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now you're just trying to make your list look bigger.
Not really, it's cuz DW3 really allow this. You pick a team, but you can collect the other Digimon during the journey. (Not with pokéballs, but still... Bill's PC Service?)

@Sporky McForkinspoon
Oh, yeah. I remember I tried to play DW2 in a store looooong time ago (ignoring warnings)... And I lost money without making almost no progress since the game was slow as hell. /facepalm

And DW4... Seriously, I don't know what is that. I... I just want to forget.

You guys know what would be coOoOol? An MMO in the DW style... (Seriously, I would pay for it.)

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what that game is, or what it has to do with what I was saying. Can you clarify?
he probably meant that this game is a departure in the series and fans hate it even though I must say that this isn't really comparable to pokemon since that case is completely different.
You see, Pokemon spin off's tend to feel the same but play differently.
This metroid game feels differently but plays the same. Metroid was always dark, more mature franchise, probably the most mature Franchise Nintendo has together with Xenoblade. This spin off however looks like it's targeted to 3 year olds. Which is why fans are enranged by that. So Tigran didn't made a good comparison imo.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, and I was mostly referring to the mainline games anyway. X, Y, Black, White, Gold, Silver. They all play exactly the same as Red and Blue with more, mostly superfluous, Pokemon and some mechanics changes that only people who care about the competitive scene care about. Games like Mystery Dungeon are different, I'll grant, but they are hardly the flagship games in the series like Digimon Worlds 2, 3, and 4 were.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. It was mostly ment as a joke.

See Metroid Prime Federation Force is.. Well a break from Typical Metroid games.. and fans are going so far as to trying petition to get it cancelled.

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same here, brah. But People hate it like it's some sort of cancer.
Cuz they broke the Samus character so bad.

Good times when Samus was using armor 99% of the time, being mistaken for a man and called Metroid (like Link being called Zelda). Today she is just one more pair of boobs in the video games world... /endrant

Though i do really love the original rumble arena
THIS was a good game.

Then comes the Digimon Rumble Arena 2, trying to somehow emulate the Super Smash Bros. formula (something common)...

Heck, I remember a few years ago about a Digimon MMO being developed, similar to the first Rumble Arena, but I think it was canceled. D:

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cause she didn't had any character in beforehand. All the game broke was your imagination.
Of course she had, she was tough! Not tough as the kind of woman that kicks asses while making double meaning jokes (I hate these characters), teasing lonely nerds... But just, tough.

Remember, she wasn't raised by humans.

But let's not start a discussion about Metroid here, please. D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw