Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Fhufuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oooook.. and how exactly do we play Decode ? I read we're gonna need a gateway ? So I just buy that and Im fine ? Oooooor theres more that is required ?

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooook.. and how exactly do we play Decode ? I read we're gonna need a gateway ? So I just buy that and Im fine ? Oooooor theres more that is required ?

At the moment, you'll have to wait until they translate it. Once they do, you'll need a Gateway compatible 3DS and a Gateway card (or a clone). Then you'll need a ROM of Decode, which you can get from the Decode cartridge using the Gateway software, and then patch that ROM using XDelta.

Fhufuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At the moment, you'll have to wait until they translate it. Once they do, you'll need a Gateway compatible 3DS and a Gateway card (or a clone). Then you'll need a ROM of Decode, which you can get from the Decode cartridge using the Gateway software, and then patch that ROM using XDelta.

Gateway Compatible 3ds... ?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well according to their site they got it working with 9.2 or 9.4...I think
The Gateway people say that the next version of their software, version 2.8, will work with 3DSs running 9.2 and below. Whether or not all the features will work and things like that are more than I can say, not having access to the closed beta, but assuming it works the way my 4.5 3DS does, it's pretty easy to set up and has all the features I could want. Once the new version goes live we'll make another video if our patch works with it, which as far as we know, it should.

Fhufuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Gateway people say that the next version of their software, version 2.8, will work with 3DSs running 9.2 and below. Whether or not all the features will work and things like that are more than I can say, not having access to the closed beta, but assuming it works the way my 4.5 3DS does, it's pretty easy to set up and has all the features I could want. Once the new version goes live we'll make another video if our patch works with it, which as far as we know, it should.

I wish It'd be that simple for me... I'd have to spend money on a new 3ds to be able to get that...

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to read this ! So you have about half done of the translation for the 3ds release ! Can't wait to see that
I'd put the 3DS release at an optimistic 20%. A lot of the strings are identical, and we've ported those already, but there's a lot of things that are different, even where the plot is broadly similar. Plus there will inevitably be some ASM hacking that has to be done, not my area, but that kind of thing can sometimes take only a few minutes to do seemingly complicated things, and sometimes take weeks to solve apparently simple things, so that's a major variable. I wouldn't expect that we'll be done with Decode in less than a year, even if everything goes exactly according to the plan, which I wouldn't plan on.

Reactions: Hargrun

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS uses ARM11 in addition to DS-specific ARM assembly code, so actually having a working 3DS emulator with a competent debugger will be needed to do anything close to assembly hacking (Citra now begun to support a loading screen in Zelda OoT 3DS, but that's still a long way to go until proper emulation of at least in-game portions of Re: Digitize with the text engine and little else). Or the involvement of an emu dev who's comfortable reading direct memory feed and doing what's like looking for a needle in an ocean. Has been done before for PS3 for cheat codes, but not as extensively as this one requires.

Stuff beyond basic file swapping and hex/graphic edition is quite the big undertaking as far as the 3DS is concerned.
I can only wish good luck to all involved and hope the existing programming in the 3DS version is already good enough for an English version without the need for ASM.

Reactions: Romsstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer