Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Iceman87GT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I stumbled upon this, loved Digimon growing up and would love to experience this game in a language I can understand:lol:

Question: For someone like me who is not very familiar with this kind of undertaking (usually the games I want to play are localized, this is literally the first time I've found myself really wanting to play a game that never got released over here), what all do I need to do to be able to enjoy this wonderful project when y'all have it done?

I already have a PSP (PSP-2000 to be exact), and a memory stick with plenty of space and I've got my eye on Amazon for a copy of the game (its going for ~$19 currently for new copies and its prime eligible). Is that all I need for this, or are there some other steps involved? I'm assuming you will have instructions on what to do to get the patch working once y'all have it complete but is there anything else that needs to be done in preparation? Basically (and excuse my ignorance), would I have to have hacked my PSP to get this thing to work? If so its not a problem because I haven't played it in over a year (upgraded to the Vita).

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious, when this is eventually released, whenever that will be, if there is a problem you've not caught, such as mis-spelling, formatting problem or something ever so slight in one of thousands of areas, how difficult is it to correct or patch? if that's possible at all once the files been completely imported, or is it not possible to import with those sorts of mistakes?
It depends somewhat on where the error is, but in general it takes about five minutes to fix that kind of error on our end. Getting everyone to download the most up to date version of the patch may be considerably harder, though.

Reactions: Carsonator

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I stumbled upon this, loved Digimon growing up and would love to experience this game in a language I can understand:lol:

Question: For someone like me who is not very familiar with this kind of undertaking (usually the games I want to play are localized, this is literally the first time I've found myself really wanting to play a game that never got released over here), what all do I need to do to be able to enjoy this wonderful project when y'all have it done?

I already have a PSP (PSP-2000 to be exact), and a memory stick with plenty of space and I've got my eye on Amazon for a copy of the game (its going for ~$19 currently for new copies and its prime eligible). Is that all I need for this, or are there some other steps involved? I'm assuming you will have instructions on what to do to get the patch working once y'all have it complete but is there anything else that needs to be done in preparation? Basically (and excuse my ignorance), would I have to have hacked my PSP to get this thing to work? If so its not a problem because I haven't played it in over a year (upgraded to the Vita).

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!
Well, you have a PSP and a copy of the game, and that's certainly a good start. You'll need to make an ISO of the game in order to patch it, there are plenty of instructions on this forum on how to do that, and to play the ISO you make you'll need to put CFW (custom firmware) on it. The easiest way to do that is the program HEN (homebrew enabler) which only takes a few seconds to install and will work until the next time you turn the power off, which is helpful for people who like to use PSN or other online stuff. If you need I can look up some links for instructions for both of those. You'll also need a program to apply the patch to the ISO, but I'd have to ask Rom about which one, I'm not sure what program you'll need to do that.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would we contact Rom? just like send him/her a pm or something? or do we just cry out rom's name here, or do we have to read an old egyptain language to summon him like yami merik and Yami Yugi had to do to summon Ra! XD

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would we contact Rom? just like send him/her a pm or something? or do we just cry out rom's name here, or do we have to read an old egyptain language to summon him like yami merik and Yami Yugi had to do to summon Ra! XD
A PM works, I usually talk to him on Skype. He usually reads the thread here, but doesn't respond quite as often as I do. He's also been busy with school just lately. Did you need something in particular?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question: will further progress be posted here or the blog on the first post?
There's not an official policy or anything, probably the blog first and then here within an hour or so. I prefer the blog, myself since I can set an RSS feed to automatically let me know when it updates. That's probably possible here, but less simple.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, just wondering the means and need to patch the iso of the game, I already preped and gotten the iso for the game XD If I need to I will redownload another, i'm just estatic and can barely contain my excitement.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, just wondering the means and need to patch the iso of the game, I already preped and gotten the iso for the game XD If I need to I will redownload another, i'm just estatic and can barely contain my excitement.
I'm not sure if that's even been decided. The internal patches used to make that video used custom made programs to do the inserting and then UMD Gen, but I believe the final patch will use something else. I'm sure he'll say and give a link to whatever the program is either when or before it's officially released.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there's are three options I can see working. either yall make the patch, the patching program (or turtorial of how to patch) and toss them on the web.
2. Patch an iso of it make sure its all proper and dandy and set it off to the net with clues or links as to where to find/download it. or you could simply do what ever you feel like XD

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there's are three options I can see working. either yall make the patch, the patching program (or turtorial of how to patch) and toss them on the web.
2. Patch an iso of it make sure its all proper and dandy and set it off to the net with clues or links as to where to find/download it. or you could simply do what ever you feel like XD
The plan is a patch and program to patch an ISO. GBATemp's official policy is that piracy is bad m'kay, and we will respect that position. However, I'm sure that within an hour of the patch's release you'll be able to find a prepatched ISO on other websites because this is the internet and of course that will happen.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw I'd rather patch it myself. but I've a question since I am litterly a noob at patching things, say I have a game thats been previously patched by a not-so-good half assed patch. woulc your patch still work on that Iso? or would I have to get a fresh Jap ISo ripped from the game?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw I'd rather patch it myself. but I've a question since I am litterly a noob at patching things, say I have a game thats been previously patched by a not-so-good half assed patch. woulc your patch still work on that Iso? or would I have to get a fresh Jap ISo ripped from the game?
You will need an unpatched ISO.

Anonity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, came back today after not checking up on the project in like half a year to see you guys have made incredible progress! I was worried when you guys ran into that problem awhile back you might abandon the translation, but I'm really glad you didn't! Keep up the good work, you guys are a godsend.

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I got a question. What happened with the last %10 of the game? I just discovered this now I want to import the game but, I'm not buying till you guys are done. Any word at all on a ETA? It's been months since the last post.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the blog, 24th of January:

Hello guys,

I don’t really have any specific news, but I thought people might get anxious if I don’t post anything…
Anyways, the status currently is that we’re working on this, things are running great. If we only had more time for this.
You see pratically everyone on the team is a student at the university and right now, exam time is approaching.
Currently we all have less time than we would like to have for this.
So please understand, if this is not going as fast as you had hoped for.
After all, if we fail our exams, there might be no translation at all.
So please be patient.

- Romsstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1