Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry I thought you was saying our prediction on the 3DS version was wrong, I apologize.
It's cool, like I said I'm sure I could have been clearer.

Being in this thread seem so much calmer than the Adventure thread, I just read like five-ten pages there and there was so much angst over confusions it's nice to be in a more chill environment :)

Well except from the seemingly millions of people asking when the patch is going to be out, it's like people don't seem to know what patience is.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dear translators,

Please, can you post updates about the progress of the translation?

Sorry, but the re:digize's blog is dead, there's no new posts, nothing.

Please show your work posting something there (screenshots for exaample), show us what you are translating now etc...

Thank you!

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dear translators,

Please show your work posting something there (screenshots for exaample), show us what you are translating now etc...

Thank you!
Don't ask for updates. Believe me, whenever it's done, you will know :)

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dear translators,

Thank you!
one month without news means it's dead ?
we gave some stuff here (including screenshots)
So read this topic more.

MacrossSkullOne

"She's a Magical Girl"
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know. I love updates, but I also like to forget about it too. Makes it go faster. Hell it still feels like only a few months ago the project was started. So I can patiently wait until it's done. Take your time guys. I just appreciate all of you doing, what your doing for the fans. So thanks.

SolomonGodsSoldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know. I love updates, but I also like to forget about it too. Makes it go faster. Hell it still feels like only a few months ago the project was started. So I can patiently wait until it's done. Take your time guys. I just appreciate all of you doing, what your doing for the fans. So thanks.

I fully agree! I remember reading this thread when it was less than 1/4 of where it is now. I got back to school and working and then one day as I'm opening my game stuff bookmarks I was like, "Wow, its been a while! I wonder how its going?" then, I check and boom! A lot of progress had been made! It's nice to wonder about it guys and new comers, but give it time. This will be completed and it will be amazing! :D

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello all,

if you wonder why there is no update, I may remind you that in my last post at the blog I stated, that the next time I will update, it will be when we have made our first ASM hack in the game.

By this reasoning:

- We still work and translate but haven't succesfully inserted an ASM hack yet.
When we will, we'll let you know.

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool, like I said I'm sure I could have been clearer.

Being in this thread seem so much calmer than the Adventure thread, I just read like five-ten pages there and there was so much angst over confusions it's nice to be in a more chill environment :)

Well except from the seemingly millions of people asking when the patch is going to be out, it's like people don't seem to know what patience is.

I don't understand why they cant be patient either I forgot all about the translation until they announced the 3DS version I was came on to see if the patch was still on going I'm glad it is.

11caldeale

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to not be in the know, but can anyone tell me what ASM hacking is and what it'll involve for this game?
Thanks in advance :)

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry to not be in the know, but can anyone tell me what ASM hacking is and what it'll involve for this game?

Assembly hacking
The most powerful, and arguably the most difficult, hacking technique is editing the game's actual code, a process called ASM hacking ("ASM" means "assembly", referring to the type of programming language used for early video games).There is no set pattern for ASM hacking, as the code varies widely from game to game, but most skilled ASM hackers either use an emulator equipped with a built-in debugger or tracer, or run the ROM through a disassembler, then analyze the code and modify it using a hex editor or assembler according to their needs. While quite challenging compared to the relatively simple methods listed above (Hex editing, Graphics editing, Palette editing, level editing, data editing, music hacking), anything is possible with ASM hacking (of course, within the limits of the hardware/software of the gaming platform), ranging from altering enemy AI to changing how graphics are generated. (Of course, the possibilities are still limited by the hacker's ability to comprehend and modify the existing code.). If the developers used a typed language, the hacker may be able to compile their own code for the game in the same language if they have access to a proper compiler.

Source: wikipedia

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Considering this game, it means a proper localization process.
Remember when you start a pokemon game and you can enter English Letters and all for character naming?
The same has to be done for Redigitize since currently this is not possible.

Also Japanese uses a different structure for dates and years and such. this has to be adjusted as well.

Short: ASM hacking involves making things work for English Gamers, and localize it properly.

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Romsstar, I have a question. If you need ASM hacking now, I don't understand how you could translate the game so far, I mean, you said that ASM hacking enables you to adapt the game to take the english letters in a "more natural way" ... according to logic, that would be like one of the 1st steps of a full translation project like this (but obviously, you have a pretty big part of the game translated so far and without ASM hack)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk