Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah instead of raving about mish mash patches and constantly posting broken versions.
Why don't we just wait for the team to finish a good fixed version?
No use trying to make sense of something unfinished.

And as Pong said, don't let this thread cluster up too much.
*inserts wise comment, and leaves*
>.>

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
some of Uria999 screen shots as hes actually playing through the game at the same time

(PLEASE NOTE THE FILES USED IN BELOW IMAGES ARE NOT USING THE LATEST)

pic0004j.png
pic0007g.png

pic0006.png
pic0005j.png

pic0003c.png
pic0008.png

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
REQUEST

We would like to bring you a Translation to this game as fast as possible but
with the Tools provided we can't.

Therefore we are looking for a programmer that can provide us with the following:

- An Image Editor
- A Texteditor that handles the Story Files correctly.

If you really can help, and I mean like really and not just want to get your hands on the translated files, then feel free
to write me or pong a PM with Details.

Much appreciated.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just try to put some more emphasis on this:

We WANT to translate the Story. But we don't have the Tools.
Same holds true for the images.

So please guys stop dreaming about voice actors and cluttering the project thread.

I'm asking again for help. Otherwise this project won't move forward.

Reactions: 5 people

Tareblo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn! It's not possible... I dreamed the translation of this game and now you can't because you don't have the tools.
I hope you'll find someone able to help you

DavidLevyantop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
just curious.
if you're not able to get a new programmer, will you drop the story entirely?
because earlier you have posted 1 story screenshot and also you said there's no issues With a plain Hex Editor.
or are you not able to use that method for some reason?

sorry, i don't mean anything with this question. i'm really just curious.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just curious.
if you're not able to get a new programmer, will you drop the story entirely?
because earlier you have posted 1 story screenshot and also you said there's no issues With a plain Hex Editor.
or are you not able to use that method for some reason?

sorry, i don't mean anything with this question. i'm really just curious.

Hex Editor lacks a repointerer thats why we can't use it.
I said we are bringing only a 100% patch, without Story Translation there can't be 100%, so draw your own conclusions from that.

Reactions: 1 person

Tareblo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
all of this is very sad... Is it possible that there is no programmer able to help you? Or someone who can do something?

unknownperson5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly do you need? Just an image editor and a text editor that has a "repointerer"? You don't need the actual labor of a programmer, correct? What type of files do you need opened? If you can specify the type of image editor and text editor that you need (no matter what the price is) I can probably get a hold of the programs. I can even search for programs that do what you need them to do if you give me more information. I apologize if you think you don't need my help, I just want to be of any assistance that I can. Thanks.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what exactly do you need? Just an image editor and a text editor that has a "repointerer"? You don't need the actual labor of a programmer, correct? What type of files do you need opened? If you can specify the type of image editor and text editor that you need (no matter what the price is) I can probably get a hold of the programs. I can even search for programs that do what you need them to do if you give me more information. I apologize if you think you don't need my help, I just want to be of any assistance that I can. Thanks.

I can't really be mad at you for not knowing those things. So I will just shortly explain and hope this won't repeat itself:

Like about 70% of all games custom formats are used. Programs for that aren't out, they have to be written, because these formats are custom and don't exist anywhere except this game.

This isn't about money, we just need someone who can either fix the available text editor to work with story files or write a custom one.

And yeah an Image Editor for a custom format here. we have some information but found no one capable putting this informations to use.

Our programmer Roxas75 had a go at this but his program can't open what we need.
Falo who seemed to have figured it out won't answer anymore.

So we are in a delicate situation. We are nowhere close in giving up. But it is a difficult situation because we don't know what of the things we translate will actually work and we don't want to have it all for nothing.

For anyone who is doubting our Translation:

Most people of the team have Japanese skills, I myself study to become a professional Translator. Not that I really do care what anyone thinks because we are doing this translation mostly for us.
But I assure you the Translation will be accurate and professional.

What I do take as an insult is stating that our story translation is gonna be inaccurate anyways, even more if we haven't even provided anything from the story yet for mentioned reasons.

Reactions: 6 people

razezonvolt007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone

That's the first time I'm posting and I am sorry if my english seems bad. But let's go straight to the point...

I've read about the request for help sent by Romsstar to everyone that says the following:

REQUEST

Therefore we are looking for a programmer that can provide us with the following:

- An Image Editor

If you really can help, and I mean like really and not just want to get your hands on the translated files, then feel free

Much appreciated.

Anyway, I believe that just like me everyone should help in any way possible we can!
So I've decided to send this link that I guess it contains an Image editor just like the one requested, It's the RCO Editor v1.15c :

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=167

My best wishes for the conclusion this project and may the patch be realesed for us all!

Reactions: 1 person

razezonvolt007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should try to talk to the one who translated Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix! His name is Truthkey or Keytotruth(maybe both are the same).
Which by the way the game originally comes only in japanese just like Digimon Re:Digitize, and this guy(by what it seems) was able to translate 100% of the game in English!

These are some links that we may be able to find him including his youtube channel, profile and e-mail:

[email protected]

http://www.youtube.com/user/Keytotruth/feed

http://www.youtube.com/user/Keytotruth/videos

http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24102

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26126

Maybe we can talk to him and try to engage him to this project, or even if he wouldn't be able to help maybe he knows someone that actually can, after all he is a very good programmer.

I hope He knows something that he may share with us.

razezonvolt007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone

That's the first time I'm posting and I am sorry if my english seems bad. But let's go straight to the point...

I've read about the request for help sent by Romsstar to everyone that says the following:

REQUEST

- An Image Editor

Much appreciated.
Anyway, I believe that just like me everyone should help in any way possible we can!
So I've decided to send this link that I guess it contains an Image editor just like the one requested, It's the RCO Editor v1.15c :

http://endlessparadi...ead.php?tid=167

My best wishes for the conclusion this project and may the patch be realesed for us all!
The RCO Editor is only responsible for the Interface of the PSP. it is useless for games and also for this one.
Sorry but thanks for the try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o