ROM Hack Suggestion Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete Collection Save Editor?

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out, but I don't think it is possible to work around it... When you equip an Equipment item or Accessory item, the item quantity in the bag doesn't go down, rather, the next highest byte gets incremented by 1.

View attachment 403014
The number highlighted in green is the item ID, the number highlighted in orange is the item quantity (purposely set to 98 in this case rather than 99), and the number in red is the number of items equipped.

In the case of the save editor, when giving an Equipment item or Accessory item to a Digimon, then attempting to remove it in-game, the 'number equipped' marker cannot decrement, so the item cannot be removed. As you can imagine, coding a workaround will be exceedingly difficult, and is generally not worth it.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, I'm done with 95% of the remaining Digimon data:
https://github.com/M1CR0H4CK3R/Digi...on-Switch-Save-Editor/blob/main/MainEditor.cs

After that, I've gotta update the form itself:
https://github.com/M1CR0H4CK3R/Digi...-Save-Editor/blob/main/MainEditor.Designer.cs
After that, Digimon editing will be full-featured, with the only remaining thing being Player data, such as money, party memory, items, and the like, which I think I can make the code for with my skills.
Interesting... Well, it's unfortunate that it's not a simple fix. This issue gave me quite the headache when I encountered it. Anyways, thanks again for going through the trouble of finishing the editor! Looking through your code, I definitely trust it a lot more than my single college course of C#.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
@Green Mii, I have added the missing data for Hacker's Memory Digimon, as well as filled in about 95% of the form data for Cyber Sleuth. I have not yet started on the form data for Hacker's Memory, although I will soon. After that, I will add money editing to the editor, after which point I believe a v1.0.0 release is in order after testing. After that, my final 2 goals are inventory and farm editing, after which I can consider my part of creating the save editor complete, and open up improving it to other people on GitHub.

Reactions: artlan

Stella2024

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Good day is there someone still playing digimon story cyber sleuth on PsVita?
Im trying to find the exact code to Modify Inventory or Items. Since the only available cheat code is maxing out everything.

For example i want a specific item on "Equipment" Section Only.

Master Barrier x99 , without ruining the key items.

ID: PCSE00755
# Title: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
# Region: USA
# Version: 1.04
# Type: NoNpDrm

_V0 Have Brave Point A in Slot 1
$D202 840AD955 00AC85E5
$0000 83F6039C 00000036
$0000 83F603A4 00000063
$D202 841AD955 00AC85E5
$0000 8406039C 00000036
$0000 840603A4 00000063

==
Master Barrier Item ID:
018A "394

*Heres the code to modify the USABLE ITEMS* can someone guide me to Modify the "EQUIPMENT" only, because this address code is for "USABLE" items only, it crashes when i try to change the item ID. thanks in advance.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Good day is there someone still playing digimon story cyber sleuth on PsVita?
Im trying to find the exact code to Modify Inventory or Items. Since the only available cheat code is maxing out everything.

For example i want a specific item on "Equipment" Section Only.

Master Barrier x99 , without ruining the key items.

ID: PCSE00755
# Title: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
# Region: USA
# Version: 1.04
# Type: NoNpDrm

_V0 Have Brave Point A in Slot 1
$D202 840AD955 00AC85E5
$0000 83F6039C 00000036
$0000 83F603A4 00000063
$D202 841AD955 00AC85E5
$0000 8406039C 00000036
$0000 840603A4 00000063

==
Master Barrier Item ID:
018A "394

*Heres the code to modify the USABLE ITEMS* can someone guide me to Modify the "EQUIPMENT" only, because this address code is for "USABLE" items only, it crashes when i try to change the item ID. thanks in advance.
Actually, any item can be in any slot, so technically, because of the way inventory is coded in DSCS, the code you posted will also crash if you sell the starting items at a new game, and then enable the cheat, as your starting outfit is a Key Item, and would be in item slot 1 in that case, so the game will crash upon entering the Key Items menu. A proper code will edit the 'pouch ID' appropriately. Since I do not know the exact memory layout of the Vita version (and have never owned a Vita in my entire life), I cannot help you any further. Furthermore, this thread is for the PC and Switch compilation of both DSCS games, and as a result you are breaking GBAtemp rules by posting irrelevant content in this thread, so I really cannot help you further.

Reactions: Stella2024

Stella2024

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I manage to figure out the codes myself. The item modifier codes works perfect! Both on CS and HM. No crashes or bug encountered anymore. Thank you for the reply anyway and i apologize for the irrelevant content

xSaberKas888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, just removing the first 32 bytes SHOULD make a Switch save work on PC (assuming the files are named the same - slot_0000.bin, 0000.bin, system_data.bin, and system_graphic.bin), provided they are copied to "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment\Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition\Saved\SaveGames\[random digits]\" (for the Steam version).

Edit: Oh, and be sure to use DSCSTools to encrypt the files first before copying them to the PC folder.
I want to transfer my switch saves to steam but im not sure how to go about it, can you explain how you'd remove the first 32 bytes? I’ve never done something like this before

Last edited by xSaberKas888,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I want to transfer my switch saves to steam but im not sure how to go about it, can you explain how you'd remove the first 32 bytes? I’ve never done something like this before
It turned out to be much more involved than simply doing that, and I could never get it to work, sadly. on the other hand, @Green Mii, I have completed the entire party editing function, and once I add money editng, I will take a temporary break for other priorities before adding DigiFarm editing. The code currently works 100% and I have attached a 'beta' of it for everyone's testing. Everyone, let me if it works well for you. There may be quirks with data that I do not know about yet, so I am providing the current build hoping to find these nuances.

Note that this save editor only works for the US Switch version of the game (not the Steam release), which has a file size of 843,600 bytes, and a filername of 000x.bin, where x is a number between 0 and 2, which represents the save slot number. The slot_000x.bin and system_data.bin files do not need edited at all, but should still be included with the edited save file regardless.

Once DigiFarm editing is complete, I will openly invite the general public to add the items editing feature, as I don't know where to start with that code-wise (I'm still a relative noob coder), upon which the latest version will be uploaded to GitHub for public viewing.

Attachments

• DigimonStorySaveEditor.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 6

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turned out to be much more involved than simply doing that, and I could never get it to work, sadly. on the other hand, @Green Mii, I have completed the entire party editing function, and once I add money editng, I will take a temporary break for other priorities before adding DigiFarm editing. The code currently works 100% and I have attached a 'beta' of it for everyone's testing. Everyone, let me if it works well for you. There may be quirks with data that I do not know about yet, so I am providing the current build hoping to find these nuances.

Note that this save editor only works for the US Switch version of the game (not the Steam release), which has a file size of 843,600 bytes, and a filername of 000x.bin, where x is a number between 0 and 2, which represents the save slot number. The slot_000x.bin and system_data.bin files do not need edited at all, but should still be included with the edited save file regardless.

Once DigiFarm editing is complete, I will openly invite the general public to add the items editing feature, as I don't know where to start with that code-wise (I'm still a relative noob coder), upon which the latest version will be uploaded to GitHub for public viewing.
I tried to open my saves butkept throwing unhandled exception errors. Somehow my Digimon ended up with stats that are higher than the numeric boxes can go? My PlatinumNumemon had 1097 Def and 999 Cam so I'm not sure what I was doing back then. Anyways, after changing the values manually, the editor worked perfectly! Messed around with stats, moves, accessories, even the attributes and digivolution level and everything works flawlessly. Good job!

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I tried to open my saves butkept throwing unhandled exception errors. Somehow my Digimon ended up with stats that are higher than the numeric boxes can go? My PlatinumNumemon had 1097 Def and 999 Cam so I'm not sure what I was doing back then. Anyways, after changing the values manually, the editor worked perfectly! Messed around with stats, moves, accessories, even the attributes and digivolution level and everything works flawlessly. Good job!
I am almost done with v1.0 of the save editor. I am currently finishing up rank and CSP/Hacker Points editing, then it will be 100% ready for a release, which I will put in a new thread in the appropriate section. Then I will take a 2-3 month break before adding in DigiFarm editing for both games, which will release in v2.0, and finally I will commission a helper for help with inventory editing for v3.0. I may end up doing a v4.0 for editing DigiBank Digimon, but that's quite a ways off, and isn't currently on the roadmap.

• Love
Reactions: Green Mii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night