Hacking Difficulties with some Wii games and gamecube games.

MilaJane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

The internet told me this was the place to be and that Cyan is a hero when it comes to problems like this, so here I am.

I have a lot problems with my softmod WII. I don't know even where to begin, but I'll keep it short. I am thankful for every answer I will get. Please explain stuff to me like I'm a kid, because I am trying to learn a lot these days by Google and YouTube, but I find it all very confusing.

Well, first of all. I emptied the games on my harddrive for usbloadergx, worked fine, but now suddenly games are crashing randomly. They crash when I try to click them. Some work fine and some suddenly don't want anymore even though they did yesterday for example. It's super random. I didn't change anything. I played Animal Crossing yesterday and today the cover won't load and I get a DSI error when I try to click it.

Second of all, the previous owner installed apps like snex9xgx etc and these also don't seem to work. It will load the app, at least try to and then the screen turns black and nothing happens anymore. This also happens with the other emulator apps.

Third of all, I have downloaded GameCube games into my harddrive. Used Vimms for it, I unzipped them. Put them on the harddrive like they're supposed to be (like game.iso etc) and usbloadergx doesn't find them.

The first problem is the worst, because I play games for hours and suddenly they won't work anymore and I have no clue what to do.. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the games, because I have deleted and reinstalled many games and Everytime there's a problem with one or two games and Everytime it's different ones..

I have no clue what IOS is and how to get another and I'm afraid I will mess the entire SD card up and everything on Google is explained for people who already kind of know what they're doing which I'm not..

If someone could help me that would be amazing, because I am especially upset about the first problem. I am really thankful for whoever can help! I will add some files to show what it looks like. ( I tried to do a syscheck btw, but also won't load -.-)

Greetings

Attachments

• IMG-20200115-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200115-WA0000.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20200115_001942.jpg
    IMG_20200115_001942.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20200115_000518.jpg
    IMG_20200115_000518.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 244

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use modmii to rehack your switch and then go from there.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
It'll download all the files you need then make you s custom set of instructions based on what you want to do
It will teach you to hack/use your hacked switch and make sure there aren't any problems from that previous install.
If you don't want to do that though

It also sounds like the forwarder he used for your emulators aren't pointing to the right place hence the black screen.
You can try and install another forwarder and try that.
Also make sure the drive is plugged into the correct slot (whichever one was used when installing iirc but try both)
One more thing you could try is checking your game loader for a usb refresh option.
Sometimes your drives won't appear recognized until your refresh this setting.

MilaJane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi thanks a lot for your help. Does this work the same for a Wii haha? Because I have a Wii and not a switch, or maybe it was just a typo, but I thought I check before I do stuff that's supposed to happen to a switch instead of a Wii haha.

If so, thank you again and I will try to do that! :D

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi thanks a lot for your help. Does this work the same for a Wii haha? Because I have a Wii and not a switch, or maybe it was just a typo, but I thought I check before I do stuff that's supposed to happen to a switch instead of a Wii haha.

Hello,

how is your hard drive formatted (fat 32 recommend)?

Use "wii backup manager" to manage your games

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes this works for the wii :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may want to back up your games before you reformat so you can still keep your games without having to redownload (unless you already have a backup)
Your games would be located in a few places
1. inside emulator folders in a folder named "roms" or "games" and also the "bios" folder. The bios folder doesn't have games but files needed to run some games. it could be elsewhere but is unlikely
2. A folder on your drive root called Games
3. A folder on your dive root called NTFS
Or just anywhere labels games or roms or bios
You should check your sd card also for these things
You can also backup your save data via the built in wii settings
If you're not sure and have the drive space you can just copy all the contents to your computer to be safe though

Last edited by Mythical,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1