Homebrew Question Difficulties emulating PS1 games in Retroarch

RookieHaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new to the Nintendo Switch modding scene and I've been working last night to get Retroarch working on my Switch. NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, and GBA games all seem to run near perfectly but I'm having problems getting PS1 games to run. I tested Crash Bandicoot and prior to it booting I get a message saying the PS1 bios isn't installed. Despite that, the game is still able to run, but it runs pretty slowly, would installing the PS1 bios improve performance? If so, how would I do this? My other issue involves the fact that my PS1 iso files aren't being recognized by Retroarch. It seems that only my bin and cue files are being recognized in Retroarch, is there anyway to get Retroarch to recognize iso files or do I have to convert them into bin/cue files? I'm currently launching Atmosphere 0.13.0 with fusee-primary.bin; Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I didn't see any 'N00B paradise' thread in this section. Thank you for your time.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
would installing the PS1 bios improve performance? If so, how would I do this? My other issue involves the fact that my PS1 iso files aren't being recognized by Retroarch. It seems that only my bin and cue files are being recognized in Retroarch, is there anyway to get Retroarch to recognize iso files or do I have to convert them into bin/cue files? I'm currently launching Atmosphere 0.13.0 with fusee-primary.bin; Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I didn't see any 'N00B paradise' thread in this section. Thank you for your time.
1. Yes
2. Legally: by dumping bios from PS1; illegally: by using Google to find bios dumps
3. You don't need to convert them, but you need first to load ps1 core, then search for ISO by using integrated File Explorer

Reactions: RookieHaxer

RookieHaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes
2. Legally: by dumping bios from PS1; illegally: by using Google to find bios dumps
3. You don't need to convert them, but you need first to load ps1 core, then search for ISO by using integrated File Explorer
Ok, what folder on my SD card would I copy the PS1 bios to? Also, I downloaded the PCSXE Rearmed through the Retroarch app last night and it still wasn't able to recognize my iso file. Are there other PS1 cores I should use instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended