Hacking Different class memory cards

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
has anybody did a comparison off the different class memory cards in the DSTWO and if so what was the results I am asking this question as I am about to buy some memory cards for my DSTWO and I have read on this forum how people have had trouble with performance with different memory cards
nds.gif
yaynds.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the fifth thousand time, memory card classes are for max read/write rate only. The card's random access speed will not necessarily improve as the classes improve.

What you want is a memory card with a very quick random access rate.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
For the fifth thousand time, memory card classes are for max read/write rate only. The card's random access speed will not necessarily improve as the classes improve.

What you want is a memory card with a very quick random access rate.
So at this point is to try it, I wonder if there is a test that could be done for different ones and the results posted so people know what they are getting

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah used a Class 4 and Class 6, Class 6 was noticeably faster when saving(Most games within 1 sec), I used Transcend, pleased with the product.

Be sure to buy a genuine one.

D

Deleted User

Class 2 = 2MBps (16Mbps)
Class 4 = 4MBps (32Mbps)
Class 6 = 6MBps (48Mbps)
Class 10=10Mbps (80Mbps)
Write/(Read)

Class #= Write MBps
Write = (#x 8) = Read MBps

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some carts required a fast memory, like my old r4 sdhc, when I used a class 2 8GB scrolling through games was painfully slow
but it improved when I switched to a class 6

so the higher the class the better

for the dstwo you don't have to worry about the speed of the card, the dstwo does a good job even with slow class 2 memory cards
I have a 16GB class 2 and it works fine just like my class 6

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as stated, class doesn't really matter, but I'd buy a good brand name cart such as Kingston or Sandisc, but things like AData and Transcend will work too

I'd recommend class 4 or higher, as it just makes moving files to and from the card faster

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that speeds up is saving and possibly loading, but it really doesn't affect gameplay since DSTWO uses block reading.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hullo8d said:
The only thing that speeds up is saving and possibly loading, but it really doesn't affect gameplay since DSTWO uses block reading.
Actually you are wrong even in block mode the faster you can read it the more time it has to run the game which means a better frame rate
yaynds.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tehnoobshow said:
memory card classes are for max read and write rate only
Class speed does not define read speed at all. In fact it does not define max write speed.

Class speed ONLY defines MINIMUM writing speed. It says nothing about average reading/writing speed. In fact reading speed does not matter for flashcart because we are looking for random access speed. Reading speed is for sequential access speed.

General sense is that if writing speed increases so is reading speed. But that is not always 100% true.

Last, class speed is rated by manufacturer. SD card association does not verify this rating. So manufacturer can rate a microSD card class 6 while in reality it is class 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1