Hacking Difference between installing NSPs with tickets and without?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use both Tinfoil and Goldleaf to install NSPs, but when I try to install NSPs without tickets, it gives me an error on Tinfoil while otherwise would install on Goldleaf without a problem. I'm wondering is there any downsides to using nsps without tickets? The game seems to run fine after being installed with Goldleaf without issues.

Reactions: edwardsalazar97

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I use both Tinfoil and Goldleaf to install NSPs, but when I try to install NSPs without tickets, it gives me an error on Tinfoil while otherwise would install on Goldleaf without a problem. I'm wondering is there any downsides to using nsps without tickets? The game seems to run fine after being installed with Goldleaf without issues.
They still install despite the error AFAIK. It's just telling you that the nsp file isn't entirely valid. NSPs converted from XCI don't have a ticket, and sometimes the eShop NSP hasn't been dumped yet so you have no other choice. But it doesn't really matter.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still install despite the error AFAIK. It's just telling you that the nsp file isn't entirely valid. NSPs converted from XCI don't have a ticket, and sometimes the eShop NSP hasn't been dumped yet so you have no other choice. But it doesn't really matter.
Ah, makes sense, so there wouldn't be any problems in the long run? Such as firmware updates/software updates and local wireless play. Can it affect the extracted save files too? I'm assuming not though.

FabioCapela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In theory ticket-less NSPs are harder to detect. Besides, forgotten tickets when you delete their corresponding applications are definitive proof that your system was hacked. So, in theory at least, ticket-less NSPs might be safer if you connect online.

They won't be of any help if trying to play a pirated game online, though. This is easily detectable by Nintendo regardless of whether the game has a ticket or not.

BTW, on recent versions of Tinfoil you can remove the need for a ticket, and prevent installing a tampered ticket, when installing an NSP; just enable the "Convert to Standard Crypto" option when installing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk