Hardware Did RAM prices go up?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its mostly because of Smartphones\tablets as far as I know, not much about miners...

Specially samsung is focusing a lot on selling\making faster ram for smartphones and computer stuff dont sell anywhere near smartphones where ppl have lots of them and keep buying... ;)

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They aren't showing any sign of slowing down - if you want to upgrade your PC within the next year, you should buy now while it's on the rise and not at its highest point. PC prices in general are on the rise, and bitcoin is driving GPU prices insane too. It's a bad time to buy a PC, unfortunately. Hopefully it'll be remedied once manufacturers release new RAM and new GPUs.

GeorgeKuwanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I dont think RAM prices will go down because there are more and more smartphone that is produce that needed more RAM than the PC. The manufacturers most likely allocate a lot of their RAM being produce to cater more on the smartphone. Also there is issue regarding the price fixing of the RAM manufacturers.

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big problems with ram prices because cryptomining, just like problems with RX 480 card stocking problems earlier this year and late last year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car