Hacking Did Nintendo patch autoRCM on 6.1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All system updates rewrite boot0, which is where AutoRCM is installed, because its firmware-specific so if you have AutoRCM installed and perform an online system update, AutoRCM will be removed. This is why it has always been recommended to update with ChoiDujourNX.

On a related note, you will also lose exFAT support if you updated officially since that is also firmware-specific and needs to be reinstalled either online by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card or with ChoiDujourNX.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So,
All system updates rewrite boot0, which is where AutoRCM is installed, because its firmware-specific so if you have AutoRCM installed and perform an online system update, AutoRCM will be removed. This is why it has always been recommended to update with ChoiDujourNX.

On a related note, you will also lose exFAT support if you updated officially since that is also firmware-specific and needs to be reinstalled either online by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card or with ChoiDujourNX.

So, just always update using ChoiDojourNX and you will not have any of those issues? Lol

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep reading rumors about this
Is it true or not?

No, it's like saying that you reformatted your pc and installed linux and now windows doesn't boot.

Updating officially is really bad, it removes autorcm and can also remove exfat.

You can put them back, but best option is to not update officially as you don't know if they flag your system as having autorcm or unlicensed exfat.

Last edited by smf,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course updating officially removes AutoRCM that’s standard but you just activate it again after, no real drama! and it does not remove exfat installing officially that’s rubbish talk! if you have exfat anyway it will not remove it

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nothing I'm really certain on, but i think they might have changed the way the complete shutdown works. So maybe it never powers off completely if you try to shut it down via the software itself.

But in any case, holding the powerbutton should always work.

The reason for my theory, is because recently a friend of mine had the problem that RCM didn't seem to work properly anymore. The Screen stayed black as it usualy does in RCM but it was detected as "Nintendo Switch" on the PC instead of "APX". It's also possible that the Jig was faulty, but it worked fine on my personal switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot