Hacking Did my Sky3DS break?!

Sharpzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I was trying to use SkyTemplateMaker to make a template for Inazuma Eleven GO 2 Chrono Stone Thunderflash. So I used Gateway Rom Patcher to put a private header since the game utilizes online for event items and characters. I used No Ban No Sky to edit the template and then wrote the game onto my SD card.

All nice and dandy right?

WRONG!

I move over to the new game and then the game card box is empty.I press the blue button and nothing happened. I re-formatted the card but still no luck. I even used another SD card and the blue button does not work.

Did I break/mess up my Sky3DS? (I wish I had a Gateway >.>)

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I was trying to use SkyTemplateMaker to make a template for Inazuma Eleven GO 2 Chrono Stone Thunderflash. So I used Gateway Rom Patcher to put a private header since the game utilizes online for event items and characters. I used No Ban No Sky to edit the template and then wrote the game onto my SD card.

All nice and dandy right?

WRONG!

I move over to the new game and then the game card box is empty.I press the blue button and nothing happened. I re-formatted the card but still no luck. I even used another SD card and the blue button does not work.

Did I break/mess up my Sky3DS? (I wish I had a Gateway >.>)

Hi,

Try inserting the Sky3DS cart into your 3DS while pressing the blue button.... meaning, you have to have the blue button already pressed (and keep holding) as you insert the cart. once it's in, you can let go of the blue button (after a second or so). then eject the cart, wait a second or two, and re-insert it..

after these steps, what happens? any blue light from cart?

let me know

Sharpzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Try inserting the Sky3DS cart into your 3DS while pressing the blue button.... meaning, you have to have the blue button already pressed (and keep holding) as you insert the cart. once it's in, you can let go of the blue button (after a second or so). then eject the cart, wait a second or two, and re-insert it..

after these steps, what happens? any blue light from cart?

let me know

it flashed blued but then i tried that again and nothing happened

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it flashed blued but then i tried that again and nothing happened

I had this exact same problem and I too thought that I broke my Sky3DS because no SD card I would use would show a game cart. And it was because I used a template maker, and that template maker changed the template of the game's header which is what I wanted it to do, but for some reason it wiped out the cart ID and stuff and turned it into 00s. Open the original template and find the game you want, and copy the entire very first line under SHA1 and paste it into your custom template. When you go to your custom template you should see what I mean by all those numbers which tell the 3DS what game it is is replaced by 00s.

You can also just try this yourself by rewriting the game with the original template.

Sharpzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this exact same problem and I too thought that I broke my Sky3DS because no SD card I would use would show a game cart. And it was because I used a template maker, and that template maker changed the template of the game's header which is what I wanted it to do, but for some reason it wiped out the cart ID and stuff and turned it into 00s. Open the original template and find the game you want, and copy the entire very first line under SHA1 and paste it into your custom template. When you go to your custom template you should see what I mean by all those numbers which tell the 3DS what game it is is replaced by 00s.

You can also just try this yourself by rewriting the game with the original template.

Hi thanks a lot. What can I do for a game that does not have a template yet on Sky3ds's site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1