Did I Make a Good Choice?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bballchamp23, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010
  1. bballchamp23
    OP

Newcomer bballchamp23 Newbie

United States
    I bought an R4 a really long time ago, and recently pulled it out again only to find it's extremely outdated and basically obsolete. But, the only game I really want to play is Pokemon Heart Gold, so I went ahead and bought an Acekard 2i. I have an original grey "phat" DS, so these two things are compatible right? Also will the Acekard 2i be able to play Heart Gold right out of the box one I get AIKIO (or whatever its called) installed? Could someone post a link on tutorials to install that firmware? Thanks!!

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You made a really good choice. Not only is it compatible right out of the box, but acekard is on of the best flashcarts right now. And, yes, currently it can play HGSS with AKAIO.

3. ACDCGAMER

Member ACDCGAMER GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as I know, all of the popular DSi flashcarts will work on the Phat or Lite. I don't have one, though, so don't take my word for it.

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    DSi compatible flashcarts are just regular flashcarts with a couple changes to their internal rom. All of the DSi flashcarts will work with regular DS systems.

5. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Phat and Lite are essentially the same, my AK2 works on both. Good choice.

6. jerbz

Member jerbz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    a buddy of mine recently bought a Acekard2i and is playing it on his DSL, he gets lag issues in some games. I keep telling him to reformat his SD with the panasonic formatter but he hasnt, so lag issues is something ive heard about Acekards with DSL's. it wouldnt be something that i would cry about just cuz i would soooo want the better compatability with games because im running R4 with Ysmenu and loading commercial roms with moonshell 2.09. Its awesome but only because its the best i can do with my r4.

regardless you getting an Acekard is a good choice yes.

happy gaming.

7. stuffnflufff

Member stuffnflufff GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Acekard rocks, and runs HG no problem. I have had no lag problems with my sandisk 8GB SDHC card...I just used the win 7 formatter to make sure it was formatted to FAT

8. ACDCGAMER

Member ACDCGAMER GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oops, I meant to say that I wasn't sure if all the DSi-compatible flashcarts that are available are compatible with the DS/DS Lite. Thing is, are there any other flashcarts other than the M3i Zero and the AceKard 2i which are out? I forget...

9. stuffnflufff

Member stuffnflufff GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    SuperCard DSOnei