Hacking Question Did i Just ruined my switch?

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thew days ago, i got my switch on Amazon and was on 4.1.0 fw.
After some days, i was allready using autoRCM with cfw, and while i was fiddling on system settings, i did upgrade my switch to 5.1.0 fw 0_0

I Hope i did not ruined my switch (like the boot0-1 or any fuses or any of the staff like that) because i was using the autoRCM + cfw and while it was upgrading, on the reboot (asked for upgrading) i didnt need to use my tablet (NXLoader) for payload anymore...

Is this damaged?

Last edited by Dontwait00,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need to do is reinstall AutoRCM, and everything will be back to normal. If you do a legitimate update, AutoRCM will be removed.

In hindsight, if your plan was you use AutoRCM anyway, then you could have followed this guide to update to 5.1.0 manually without burning any efuses, leaving you a downgrade path to 4.1.0. You're now stuck on 5.X or higher, which isn't a big deal.

Last edited by Lacius,

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you just run bricmii once to see. it should say you have 6 burned, i.e., the program should display 6 in the first line

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not quite.
Coldboot is when it boots with CFW with no external launchers.
Warm boot is when you have to relaunch CFW after it boots.

Warmboot is correct.

No, the unreleased warmboots involve loading a webpage and work up to 4.1 (e.g. Deja Vu). There are no unreleased coldboots at this time.
Huh. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot*
Warmboot is getting out of sleep mode, which is already done.
No, the unreleased warmboots involve loading a webpage and work up to 4.1 (e.g. Deja Vu). There are no unreleased coldboots at this time.
And there almost certainly won't ever be an untethered coldboot exploit for anything above 3.0.1/3.0.2.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn