Hacking Did I just brick my DS?

Nalif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phew. Just found out how to boot it up in safe mode. My DS shut down while I was flashing because I shorted the conection. Thank god it's not broke
biggrin.gif

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Yeah, the best of us panic sometimes...nar im lying.

to everyone else, make sure you flash it on the day you buy it so if it bricks you can go back to the store you bought it from, and yell at them. Insult their mother and make fun of the way they look, and at the same time, demanding a refund.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the best of us panic sometimes...nar im lying. T

to everyone else, make sure you flash it on the day you buy it so if it brick you can go back to the store you bought it from and yell at them. Insult their mother and make fun of the way they look, and at the same time, demanding a refund.
or if you get it from walmart, you can return it in 10 years!! with knuckle marks on it and the top half diconected. and say it must be a manufacturing error. be carefull though. they might say " were not responsable for the crane machine outside our store sir" lol

Nalif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, after I figured out how to boot up in safe mode, I sucessfully flash it on the second try. Works like a charm now!

slandar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to pry, but you say you shorted the connection during flashing.

Mind if I ask how you did that? Do you remember what actually caused the short? In hindsight was it preventable? Would it happen again if you were to flash another one? What would you warn people about that you didn't know that lead to it happening?

I'm really glad you were able to recover from a partial flash, and in no way am I looking down on you for it happening

But I am trying to peice together real accounts of bricking vs all of the fear mongering going around.

Feel free to reply back "i'm just happy it is working now" if you don't want to talk about it.

There is such a wealth of information on the subject, and so many success stories, that when someone actually posts about it happening it peaks my curiosity.

Thanks,
-Zach

Nalif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There really wasn't any one thing I can say that caused the short - I used a toothpick with foil around it, and tape wrapped around that. I put it in, it flashed to 20%, and then it shut off. I didn't move the toothpick around or anything ( although I must have moved it just the slightest to cause the short). Being that it was just a chance short, there's no way to 100% not do it again. It was just luck.

magx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine worked 1st time no problems. Is it possible that you simply did not fully insulate it, ie: had a piece of foil exposed on the side?

and congrats on the successful 2nd attempt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo