Did I get a dead sky3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ssmetaknight, Dec 24, 2014.

1. ssmetaknight
    OP

ssmetaknight Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    Canada
    I just got it in the mail today morning, put some games on the card and when I put it in nothing shows up.
    I then press the blue button and no light flashes. No light flashes when putting the card in either. Is this a dead card?
    I bought this one from gamezway, are these guys legit?
    Google and search function came up with no similar issues at all
    What do?

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    are you using the specific tool from the sky3ds website? you cant just drag and drop

3. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Sky3DS will only be dead when Nintendo releases their next FW update. :D

Jokes aside, have you set it up properly with template and whatnot?

4. pu1se80

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    I'm not sure. I haven't heard of gamezway. Mine is working fine and didn't take much fiddling. I would only suggest that you possibly make sure you are using the latest DiskWriter (1.05 as of now) and the latest template file. If that fails, maybe a different sd card.

That said, I'm not sure either of those issues would cause the light to not come on at all. That is worrying.

5. ssmetaknight
    OP

ssmetaknight Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    Canada
    followed the steps pretty well I think
    Used diskwriter1.05 run as admin->format card->changed to template1222.txt->file->write games
    tried pokemon or, fire emblem and cave story

Edit: i dont know if this is part of the issue but after the format and games it shows up on windows explorer as a 512kb sd card and turns into a removable disk when i run diskwriter

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah the disk tool formats the Sd in a specific way with only a small partition visible to the PC, the rest of the space is used for storing the games.....idk sounds like you have done it right, just make sure you are using games from the same region as your console i.e EU if its a EU console or US if its a US console.....if it still fails then yeah its probably a dud card

7. ssmetaknight
    OP

ssmetaknight Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    Canada
    These are all US games on a Canadian 3DS so I'm going to assume its a dud now
    I'm guessing I should go ask them for a refund/replacement?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah probably just email them and ask for refund/replacement (whichever you would prefer)

9. ssmetaknight
    OP

ssmetaknight Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    Canada
    All right, thanks for the help guys

10. philipx99

philipx99 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2006
    Senegal
    Try removing the microsd card from flashcart. Insert flashcart with no microsd into the slot of 3DS. Power on and you will see light blinking from the card. Once light stop blinking. Power off the 3DS console and insert the microsd into the flashcart. Insert the flashcart and power on again. If first time there is no game icon. Click and enter the setting of homescreen. Then exit out from setting by pressing button "X". Your game icon should appear now.

11. ssmetaknight
    OP

ssmetaknight Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    Canada
    Just tried that, no flashing light at all

12. chin261

chin261 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    Senegal
    If no blinking lights, really dead on arrival cart. Go request for a exchange w the seller.