Dialog DA9087 PMIC for PS5 controller - where to buy?

Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a couple of PS5 controllers that don’t work. After inspecting 1 with a thermal camera I can see that the Dialog DA9087 PMIC is blown. I took the other one off the other knackered controller but it looks to be knackered as well as I only see 0.01a when trying to charge.

Long story Short - anyone know where to buy the Dialog DA9087 PMIC?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no additional insight as to causes of failure or location or replacements (or something you might adapt to be a replacement -- even if it is a custom chip then chances are another in the range from the same company will function similarly enough). Though I will also say be sure it is the chip that is blown, and not some short or something elsewhere in the controller PCB that is blowing things for you.

What I am more here to say is maybe seek to characterise the chip itself -- a lot of manuals will note resistances (might have to do high frequency/break out the ESR meter) between pins.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What are you guys doing to your controllers??
I always treat my controllers nicely but plenty throw them around, twist them/bend them in anger sit on them, stand on them, crush them under the sofa, yank on cables when charging, use them with frayed cables that short things out internally, stick them on dodgy import USB chargers that do not have the best regulation...
Often then for a bit of soldering it makes for a nice source of parts and possible fixes to spare you the crazy high prices that controllers seem to go for these days (back on the PS2/N64/whatever days I was finding first party things for £10 or so, second hand games of note/quality at the time being about £20, even on the 360 then other than the rotatable dpad ones things were still £10 to £20, and new ones were not so much more. Today I can only blame the death of local co-op for the low supply and all the kids wanting them for PC games and mobile phones -- quite often I see kids with PS4 controllers for playing mobile phone games).

Chavsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any luck with those PMICs guys am looking for them now and its more than 2 years after the first post i see them on Ali but very expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D