Fatfingers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey all

I’ve been facing a weird issue with a switch lite I have picked up. I’ve heard that the cyw4356x chip can fail quite often but when I test for shorts I only see a few grounds coming out of the chip which very well could correctly be ground? See image below with circles around ground points that I found

3407435C-8E41-45C4-B9A2-5CFDA216BEB8.jpeg

I have found one potentially suspicious part that looks like “t374” which I have an arrow and a question mark at could be an issue. Ive found it hard to probe as the top of the smd is ground, however I think (it’s hard to say for sure) the top right foot is not grounded, but I could be just not properly making contact with the pad. I am unable to look this smd up though so I don’t know what should and should not be grounded.

When I attempt to connect to a wifi network I get the following:
EFEFF94E-CAF7-4931-9DDB-0B7742A8A142.jpeg

However I am able to connect to a Bluetooth joycon which I believe is handled by this chip too, so I’m starting to be suspicious of a wifi related component outside the cyw4356x chip.

Feel free to ask me to probe anything and also please let me know if there are any good resources I can consume to help diagnose the issue independently :) still new to hardware repairs and hacking

Cheers!

Edit:
I am also aware of quarts crystals failing in the wifi setup of switches too and it looks like potentially the t374 could be related to this http://www.txccorp.com/download/products/quartz_crystals/2017TXC_8Q-01.pdf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo