Diablo 2 too hard?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sop, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sop
    OP

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    Hey, I have started playing Diablo 2 again after not playing for a LONG time. I'm up to act IV normal as a Barbarian and there are these extra-fast minions and a unqiue that just kill me almost instantly, I can't get past them. I remember being able to beat Act IV on hell when I was little, does my character build just suck? To me they are harder than Duriel which is considered to the hardest boss by many.

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Nah, I recently re-replayed it at Normal, and it was quite an enjoyable experience. You just have to kill craploads of enemies to be sure you drop lots of good equipment and also level a lot.

I also never ever skipped a dungeon and also explored them fully 100% to be sure to get all the grub ;)

3. Sop
    OP

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    I know it isn't hard, I beat Hell when I was 5! (with my big brothers help)

But I keep getting killed by this group of extra fast mobs within seconds, and I can't even go near them to attack them because they surround me and then I just get totally owned.

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Use talismans/charms in your inventory, and raise STR/DEX like there's no tomorrow and find the best armor you've dropped. Try to raise passive skillz that increase your defense.

It's funny, I never had that many problems :unsure: And I even played with a friend online (stronger monsters) while we solo'd in two different parts of the game.

5. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    used to play with "/players 8" trick and act 4 with the barbarian wasn't much of a pusher. you're probably underleveled.

6. matthi321

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    i have just started playing diablo 2 for the first time. im at the final quest at act 1, and i have not died yeat, but it been close a few times. but if your are stuck make sure that you have the best equipment. and also make sure your hire a mercenary.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Hell gave me some trouble solo but even then, not really.

You're undergeared or underlevelled. Though i've always despised melee classes in Diablo for being absolute shit. Hell is pretty much EZmode with a trapssassin, sorc or bowzon. Yet never gotten too far with the boring melee classes.

if you're having trouble on normal there's definitely some lacking features on your char, because normal shouldn't really phase you except maybe bosses.