Homebrew Diablo 2 Clone

Dookieman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was searching Diablo things on google and came across this, not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26367

Some one is attempting to clone Diablo II to the DS. The demo doesn't do much, but seems like a promising start. The last update on 1-8-2009 so it wasn't that long ago either. Hopefully this one won't get shut down the Starlite.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dookieman said:
I was searching Diablo things on google and came across this, not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26367

Some one is attempting to clone Diablo II to the DS. The demo doesn't do much, but seems like a promising start. The last update on 1-8-2009 so it wasn't that long ago either. Hopefully this one won't get shut down the Starlite.
The more news spreads the more likely it will get a cease and desist.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well lets hope he just will develop it and dont get spammed by noobs with Great not realistich ideas its not the first time someone stopped dev because this...

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... Copyright issues...

Deeblo! You can play as a sorceron, a necromincer, a bardbarian, a palibin, an amazing, an assinass, or a drude.
Then you travel from the town of Tristum (where resides the Sisterhood of the Travelling Eyes), across the deserts of Lute Glain, and into the tropics of Krust, where you fight Mefist, the lord of Hat Red. And then... I don't know, does Blizzard have a copyright on Hell?
All throughout, Double-Decker McCain will reveal enmagicked items for you, free of charge.
In the end, you will smash Deeblo's Spiritrock against the FelForge, using the FelForge Hammer.
In the sequel, you'll find Bail in the bardbarian mountains of Hairygoth, where the whorledstone resides. You will defeat Bail, but the archangle Tooreal will tell you that the whorledstone is baddened. He must destructify it.

There. No more copyright. The images will have to be worked on later.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
fgghjjkll said:
what about simpsons hit and run and mafia 1/2? theyre clones of GTA.
why arnt they sued?

Sometimes some gaming giants like Ninty and Square like to sue everything that infringes their IP rights even if they don't plan on working on something.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x.domination said:
fgghjjkll said:
seriously. just say its a diablo 2 clone.
no one will sue you.

Everyone is on alert after this, I'm sure its because Square Enix is a bitch, and Blizzard may not care since they have no plans to port Diablo to DS, and its not even a hack or anything.
Pshh you obviously haven't heard about Starlite

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Pimpmynintendo said:
x.domination said:
fgghjjkll said:
no one will sue you.

Everyone is on alert after this, I'm sure its because Square Enix is a bitch, and Blizzard may not care since they have no plans to port Diablo to DS, and its not even a hack or anything.

Nah blizzard doesn't care, thay have a mega ace. its Called Diablo 3, it simple knowledge that everyone forget the what there playing when a new Diablo come out,you don't see a Diablo one remake its Diablo 2.
So once people get they they will stop making it or no one will want it, they will be well to buzzy on D3 .

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Flaregon said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
x.domination said:
fgghjjkll said:
no one will sue you.

Nah blizzard doesn't care, thay have a mega ace. its Called Diablo 3, it simple knowledge that everyone forget the what there playing when a new Diablo come out,you don't see a Diablo one remake its Diablo 2.
So once people get they they will stop making it or no one will want it, they will be well to buzzy on D3 .
Well, they had Starcraft 2 on their hand, but they still sent a C&D letter to the person making a Starcraft clone for the DS so I don't see what's stopping them from doing the same thing again.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Flaregon said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
x.domination said:
fgghjjkll said:
no one will sue you.

Well, they had Starcraft 2 on their hand, but they still sent a C&D letter to the person making a Starcraft clone for the DS so I don't see what's stopping them from doing the same thing again.

there no impact yet, it to small and if they wait till D3 is out it will blow it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.