Hacking Devolution - Public Release

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of trouble... I think. How long does it take for the devolution to flash its led on wiiu?

Seems like its frozen/takes forever... any help? Fast replies plz

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Having a bit of trouble... I think. How long does it take for the devolution to flash its led on wiiu?

Seems like its frozen/takes forever... any help? Fast replies plz
actually, wiiu has no led. by all means since you have to use an authentication previously done on a normal wii most of the flashing messages dont apply to a wiiu

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, wiiu has no led. by all means since you have to use an authentication previously done on a normal wii most of the flashing messages dont apply to a wiiu

I figured it out already. Devolution black screen freeze fixed. Except I used the newest version of nintendont that i could find. My sd card is 8GB, FAT32, and used the converter/compression "Gamecube ISO Tool 1.0.1 Build 5" to convert the iso i have in my "games" folder to discEX format by clicking the extract tab. Once complete, Turned on my wiiu, synced my wiiu pro control in wiiu mode b4 I started vwii, started up homebrew channel in vwii, started up nintendont, and the newest version has an update option in the settings (Press B) then you update (Press X). And everything runs smoothly after update. (Might need a Nintendont restart to take full effect).

Need more info? [SOURCE]: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=927094

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Does the official Wii U gamecube adapter work with devolution? I know it works with nintendont, but devolution is more stable.
Considering that the latest release of Devolution came out in September, I'm going to go out on a limb an say no.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get added - I mean, Devolution even has wired Xbox 360 controller support (which Nintendont lacks).

Though, I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get added. The thing is, I believe it was stated several years ago that tueidj hates the GameCube controller (I believe he is fond of the DreamCast/Xbox style gamepad).

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's cool. Thanks. Now I just gotta find the darn thing. Lol.
The crazy thing is I was actually at Best Buy on the 21st and it didn't even cross my mind to purchase one then (was too distracted with LG's OLED TV :P)...never in a million years did I expect there to be a shortage.

Cisz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does Devolution use the Wii's / vWii's internal Gamecube mIOS to run the game? I want to play Homeland but the text only works running on the Japanese mIOS. It's one of the few Japanese games that uses the Japanese mIOS's internal hiragana font.
Is it possible to use Devolution on WiiU with a switched mIOS?

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Devolution use the Wii's / vWii's internal Gamecube mIOS to run the game? I want to play Homeland but the text only works running on the Japanese mIOS. It's one of the few Japanese games that uses the Japanese mIOS's internal hiragana font.
Is it possible to use Devolution on WiiU with a switched mIOS?
Devolution doesn't use mIOS at all, especially when you consider that vWii doesn't even have a mIOS.

But yes, you should get proper Japanese text with recent versions of Devolution. Just note that, if you also play non-Japanese games, you'll want to make sure you're loading them through a 3rd party USB loader, otherwise Devolution will want to format your memory card (physical or emulated) every single time you play a game from a different region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.