1. it does not work on systems with modchips

2. it currently does not support cheat codes

Dustinblack18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang it :/ All I want is Melee with Action Replay, no other loader was working though :/ Do you know if it's going to support cheat codes in the future?

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's POSSIBLE, but right now I think the author is focusing more on replicating normal gamecube functionality rather than adding new functions (example: the last update added USB keyboard support for PSO's gamecube keyboard). This would include things such as classic controller support, since that is flat-out required for the Wii U and Wii's lacking GCN ports.

Dustinblack18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I already have Project M. I'm a pretty dedicated Melee player, I want hacked melee for very specific reasons. I think I'm gonna try to get Neogamma to work again :/ It gave me an endless amount of trouble before though.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neogamma was actually one thing I DID manage to get working since I couldn't get DIOS MIOS or DML to work (and still can't). I did recently however discover that it's pretty picky about your DVD media. Verbatim DVD-R is supposedly the best for such things (I did manage with the TDK DVD-R I already owned however)

Here's the guide I used:
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended...only/47802-playing-gamecube-backups-disc.html

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I been testing devolution with my actual game discs around. My only problem with wii without using freeloader disc is Killer7 NTSC/US copy I imported since PAL copy was hard to get.

The problem is that Devolution does not seem to be applicable for ANY kind of video patching etc. What is a pain since if you use RGB cable and do not force PAL60 NTSC is RED SCREEN OF BLOODVISION HELL.
But at least it indeed DID boot the game what I cannot say about my disc channel and at least it DOES support the multidisc switch.

My two other NTSC US imports actually do boot straight from disc channel and with PAL60 so I am kinda bummed I am having trouble time with Killer7

Lagarton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyway, two things about devolution:

2. it currently does not support cheat codes

Thanks for the data!

My Wii has a modchip, it is a Wasabi DX, but the games I tried to load with Devolution are the original discs I have since the Gamecube era.
Should these games be verified correctly? or just because I have a modchip Devolution won't work at all?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll just wait then. I've been trying to get this to work for like two months now, I don't know what else to do.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... sure it could be done if the author wanted to, however, the cheat code source has a license on it that would require Devolution to be open source iirc, which isn't likely to happen.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Some modchips do not affect disc verification at all. They are transparent to the program.

My Wii has a modchip, it is a Wasabi DX, but the games I tried to load with Devolution are the original discs I have since the Gamecube era.
Should these games be verified correctly? or just because I have a modchip Devolution won't work at all?
Unfortunately, several people have reported that Wasabi modchips do prevent disc verification.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Once classic controller support is added to devolution, we'll be able to play gamecube games on Wii U correct? But how would disc verification work? The Wii U doesn't accept gamecube discs. Are we suppose to verify them on a Wii and then take the external hard drive from that and put it on the Wii U? That seems like a lot of trouble. Plus that wouldn't be an option for people who have already sold their Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps