Hacking Devolution - Public Release

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is network logging only enabled with the standalone Devolution loader or does it log to the network when using other USB loaders as well?
It won't automatically work with other loaders, they have to add support for it I believe. But other loaders will be able to use it if they implement the code.
I asked because, in terms of security, it is not a good idea to have such information being sent out on the network. If network logging is to be used, I would prefer if it were restricted to only the standalone Devolution loader and used solely for debugging purposes.

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I insert Wind Waker disc after 2 blinks the Wii blinks 5 times, but then it just repeats blinking 5 times over and over again. Black screen.

Any tips?

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you can't trust the people on your local network you have bigger issues then worrying about what your wii is transmitting.
All I would like to know is if Devolution is transmitting information over the network when not using the standalone loader, yes or no?

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I would like to know is if Devolution is transmitting information over the network when not using the standalone loader, yes or no?
Can you not read?

The sample loader now initializes the network (which is causing the extra delay) and sends logs over wifi if a USB gecko isn't found (other loaders won't do it unless they add support for it - see the source code).

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you not read?

Yes, I can, quite well actually, well enough to earn a graduate degree. Thanks for asking. However, I have not read absolutely everything that is possible to read in this thread, so perhaps I might be forgiven for missing a thing or two along the way. I did ask specific questions earlier which could have clarified this issue already.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So you don't read other people posts but expect everyone to pay full attention to yours?
No, that's not what I said. I said that perhaps I might be forgiven for the fact that I may have missed reading a few posts. On a side note, the group dynamic around here is fascinating....

Anyway... back to debugging....

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
[color=#303030 !important]
Moeca10, on 17 July 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:
[/color]

When I insert Wind Waker disc after 2 blinks the Wii blinks 5 times, but then it just repeats blinking 5 times over and over again. Black screen.

Any tips?

"Your .ISO file isn't a clean 1:1 copy. "

Thanks for your answer. I put in the retail GC discs and used USB Loader GX to install the .ISO files on my HDD. Starfox Adventures and Luigi's Mansion work, Wind Waker doesn't.

I can try installing the game again, if you think that will do the trick. Thanks for your hard work!

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On a side note, the group dynamic around here is fascinating....
Probably because you're being a . First you tried to blame your non-working games on the AP, even though you didn't have any logs because you don't have a USB gecko. Then when I provide an alternative logging method, you claim it's a security risk even though I've already explained it won't send information outside your local network. You are not helping improve the app at all, you are simply trolling this thread.

Reactions: 8 people

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tueidj, why Devolution can not recognize original MC cards?Is it a known issue or my bad luck?

The sample loader doesn't support real memory cards in slot A by default, unless it somehow fails to create memcard.bin. You'll need to use another loader for that(or the sample loader slightly edited.).

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Probably because you're being a . First you tried to blame your non-working games on the AP, even though you didn't have any logs because you don't have a USB gecko. Then when I provide an alternative logging method, you claim it's a security risk even though I've already explained it won't send information outside your local network. You are not helping improve the app at all, you are simply trolling this thread.

How helpful is it when when a user of an application tells a developer that the application does not work for a certain game and the developer replies with nothing more than "the game works"? I even offered to send you the problematic disc. I have also added a number of other reports and offered assistance to a number of other users in this thread.

I'm not going to get into this much more, but I wonder, if degree of helpfulness is under scrutiny, might a mirror might be beneficial here?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
On a side note, the group dynamic around here is fascinating....
Probably because you're being an ass. First you tried to blame your non-working games on the AP, even though you didn't have any logs because you don't have a USB gecko. Then when I provide an alternative logging method, you claim it's a security risk even though I've already explained it won't send information outside your local network. You are not helping improve the app at all, you are simply trolling this thread.
Except that the only one who can actually improve this app is you and by ignoring suggestions and questions you are not helping improve the app at all, you are simply trolling people who wants to help.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ