Devolution - Public Release

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tueidj, Jul 12, 2012.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    This is the wrong place, please post on the thread. Devolution ain't worth it.

2. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Again, BBA emulation would be really useful for stuff like Xlink Kai and also the only reason why I'm bothering to get Devolution as well in the first place.
    I do use Nintendont for almost everything else GC loading. (Though I still don't know how to use Gecko/AR codes in it.)

3. Saicreed

Saicreed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    Hi everyone!

First off, thank you OP for creating this. Here's what I'm dealing with:

I used cleanrip to get a legitimate .iso of my Phantasy Star Online 1&2. Loaded Devolution, selected the .iso I ripped, and then inserted the original disc after it blinked twice. Once it verified with the 5 blinks my screen just stayed black.

Any ideas as to what's wrong?

4. Saicreed

Saicreed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    Is Devo able to run even though I have Nintendont & USB Loader GX installed? I have the exact same issue with this game. My Wii is only soft-modded via Homebrew with no physical modifications to the hardware.

Edit: Tried this with Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles as well. Same results...

Edit 2: I figured it out!! It was my storage device. I was using a SanDisk USB device and switched to a HCSD card(32gb SD card). It worked instantly after that. To ANYONE with this same issue... Try a new storage device. It worked for me.

Last edited by Saicreed, Sep 29, 2018
  5. Dekar

Dekar Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Hello! I have been working for days trying to get Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 working on MY OWN private server and it is driving me nuts! I really just want to know if it is at all possible.

I use a homebrewed wii running PSO through devolution. I have been able to connect to the Shtserv server no problem. I have also been able to connect to my private server (using the Fuzziqer software 3.1) and another computer running PSO through the Dolphin emulator.

So I know that my wii can connect to servers, and I know my private server can be connected to, but I can not get my wii to connect to my private server. Is it even possible using devolution?

I've tried using "0" as the phone number as that should allow connecting to custom servers, but the fuzziqer software doesn't even show anything trying to connect to it and I get the 102 error on my game.

Has anyone been able to get this working? I am at ropes end!

Thank you!

6. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    So the in-game setup on your wii is exactly like your setup in Dolphin?

7. Dekar

Dekar Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    As close as I can. For some reason, dolphin has some different options when setting up the network in pso.

I am like 90% sure it is just a networking issue. I think devolution goes out to the internet to do its ppp emulation and my router is blocking it. Would make sense why dolphin works as it is on the same network as my private server. Just need to give it a test...

8. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    Is Dolphin simulating a BBA while the Wii is simulating dial-up?