Hacking Question DevMenu - Replace Icon and Name [?]

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be cool if we could change the icon of either Pokemon Quest or the XCI file we use as DevMenu to an icon that represents DevMenu. Furthermore, to even have the name modified to say DevMenu for those of us with OCD. :rofl2:

Is it even possible to change, lets say, the Bayonetta (JAP) XCI as this is what I am using for a DevMenu, and replace its icon with another icon (2 joycons or something) then rename it to say DevMenu in the Selection Screen?

Last edited by morrison22,
Reactions: mikifantastik98

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It'd be cool if we could change the icon of either Pokemon Quest or the XCI file we use as DevMenu to an icon that represents DevMenu. Furthermore, to even have the name modified to say DevMenu for those of us with OCD. :rofl2:

Is it even possible to change, lets say, the Bayonetta (JAP) XCI as this is what I am using for a DevMenu, and replace its icon with another icon (2 joycons or something) then rename it to say DevMenu in the Selection Screen?
Dude you should swap to pokemon quest to save space

Reactions: morrison22

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you should swap to pokemon quest to save space
I would like to. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I have the Pokemon Quest NSP. I install it onto the switch using the Bayonetta Devmenu.
I put the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) in X:\sxos\titles\01005D100807A00
I took the main.npdm file and went here: http://carlus.altervista.org/nx/title_id_patcher.html and put in the donor title ID in the top box, browsed to select the main.npdm and saved it.
Then I replaced the original one.

I get an error when launching it.

Any ideas what I can do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I have the Pokemon Quest NSP. I install it onto the switch using the Bayonetta Devmenu.
I put the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) in X:\sxos\titles\01005D100807A00
I took the main.npdm file and went here: http://carlus.altervista.org/nx/title_id_patcher.html and put in the donor title ID in the top box, browsed to select the main.npdm and saved it.
Then I replaced the original one.

I get an error when launching it.

Any ideas what I can do?
Pretty sure your problem is that you installed Pokemon Quest via DevMenu rather than going to the eShop or using eXhop.

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wouldn't it be possible to use the DevMenu to instal the DevMenu?

20140116_194640_big.jpg

Reactions: morrison22

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exshop can already do that? Wow.
You need to first "purchase" it from Nintendo's website using the same Nintendo Account on your Switch and you need to be on the latest firmware to let your console verify that it was purchased. Its a really roundabout way of downloading Pokemon Quest.
I never used eXhop. Is that how I can get it without having an account?
I think that's the problem. It might be better to just use a fake account to quickly download it either through eShop or eXhop.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You need to first "purchase" it from Nintendo's website using the same Nintendo Account on your Switch and you need to be on the latest firmware to let your console verify that it was purchased. Its a really roundabout way of downloading Pokemon Quest.
Oh. So just like redownloading it via nintendo website from PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did you do that?
photoshop?

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an account on my switch, nor do I want one. So I chose to use Bayonetta as the doner title, as this doesn't require me to use eshop. But if there was any other way to get the file size down aside from Trimming the Bayonetta XCI, that would be of interest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did you do that?
Oh. lol I am an idiot when I get excited.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone converted DevMenu into a .NSP, used SX OS v1.3 LayeredFS plus an activated license on 5.1 to run DevMenu over your appropriate title, then installed that DevMenu.NSP, this is possible. However, in this state it will only launch with SX OS v1.3 and an activated license. The real problem is the first step as I am not aware of any working .NSP versions of DevMenu.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If someone converted DevMenu into a .NSP, used SX OS v1.3 LayeredFS plus an activated license on 5.1 to run DevMenu over your appropriate title, then installed that DevMenu.NSP, this is possible. However, in this state it will only launch with SX OS v1.3 and an activated license.
At the beginning, devmenu was a nsp but converted to work with LayeredFS

Reactions: Draxzelex

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy who get a dev unit from eBay and share the dev NAND. Search in old GBAtemp threads
So there is a devmenu nsp out there that can be installed using devmenu from the method everyone is using now to get devmenu installed. hmmm

I have no idea where to begin looking nor do I have the time to spend researching, unfortunately. I will have to stick with Bayonetta for now until something else comes along. But if there is a solution - hit me up ;)

Reactions: Speshe and Thetoto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.